2009 Jeep Liberty

8.2

Based on 239 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Never buy a different car

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Nothing"

"We call my liberty 2 things. 1. The tank, I was t-boned and the worst thing that happened was the door had to be replaced. We also call it the pig, cause it's made to roll in the dirt (which it does with style and grace and is so much fun) and the worst thing that will ever happen to you in this car in the snow is it will grunt a little when there's ice. I have the base model and there's nothing I can think of to make this car better, apparently there are though! I've driven many cars, trucks, suv's and I'll never buy anything other than a jeep ever again!"

Enjoyable to drive

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "Great in snow, will go anywhere, classic jeep look"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage, narrow front seets"

"This is not a cushy suv or cross-over. It is a real truck that can travel on the beach or through the snow."

Great Vehicle for active families

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "Safe / Reliable / comfortable to drive"

Cons: "Windshield defrost / Gas Mileage / Luggage space"

"I've owned the Jeep Liberty for 2 years and it has been all I could ask for in a vehicle. I've had no mechanical problems and it can't be stopped in snow, ice, or mud. The interior is comfortable with great ergonomics. I've only found a couple negatives with this vehicle: 1) the defrost doesn't blow on the windshield, 2)My family has quickly outgrown it. It seems big enough, but there is very little cargo room in the back. Other than that, I absolutely love it."

This is my second Liberty - I just love them!

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Drives well, dependable"

Cons: "Wish I could just heat my back, not seat and back"

"This is the second Liberty that I owned. I love the style of the vehicle, the way it handles. It is easy to drive, goes in the snow and is the perfect size for me and my kids (7 and 5)."

Excellent handling in awful snow and ice

By on Monday, January 27, 2014

Pros: "4-wheel drive handling, safety, roomy&comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage; occasionally sluggish acceleration"

"Jeep Liberty (and previously Cherokee) has been a solid, safe, reliable car. This is my third Jeep, and I plan to keep it as long as possible. Love the Liberty body, ride, and the four-wheel drive and ABS in bad weather. The only drawback has been the overall gas mileage, typical of an SUV, and the acceleration is occasionally sluggish in a turn, at the start of operation. Great capacity for hauling stuff from garden centers. Handles addition of rear bike racks well."

This is my second Jeep Liberty.

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "Solid, quiet, comfortable to drive"

Cons: "MPG not so good but it's a utility vehicle."

"I just bought a 2011 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD from Carmax in White Marsh Maryland yesterday---Jan. 20, 2014. This is my second Liberty. My wife has a 2005 Jeep Liberty with 144,000 miles on it and it still runs great, no major problems at all, ever. So we researched the Liberty on line and saw that most gave the 2011 an excellent rating. Checked for one and found it at Carmax. Very impressed with the test drive. Vehicle feels so solid and is very quiet and comfortable to drive. Has 20,700 miles on it and was a "fleet" vehicle. Looking forward to driving it for many years to come."

You Can't Beat the Original

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pros: "Goes anywhere; sturdy; dependable; my dogs love it"

Cons: "About 20 MPG, but I didn't buy it for the mileage"

"Some version of this truck has been made every year since 1941. This is the 4WD that chased the Germans from the coast of Normandy all the way back to the Elbe River. I figured after 69 years Jeep would have worked the kinks out. My Liberty goes anywhere: up a sandy road in the Pine Barrens near my house, down onto the beach in the winter, and anywhere it wants to in the snow. I'm part of a small firm. We don't close for snow. It matters if I'm there working or not. And now I don't have to fret anymore when I see the forecast. I wanted real 4WD, not AWD. I had a Toyota RAV4 that wasn't much use in more than 3 inches of snow. I use the 4WD more than I ever realized I would and sometimes in the oddest circumstances. Once I pulled off the road near a cedar creek to order Chinese take out, and only when I went to leave did I realize I was in 4 inches of sand. 4 wheel low and I was outta there. I didn't think of it before I bought the thing, but 4WD is also dead useful in heavy, heavy rain when the roads flood. All of that said, look, this is a boxy, high truck. It rides like a truck. It corners like a truck. And the interior is dated. It's a Jeep. If you want fancy, go get a shiny AWD mom-van. If you want the real deal, get a Jeep."

Good, dependable Jeep. No problems in 50000 miles

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Great vehicle for all driving conditions."

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"Have enjoyed this vehicle. Very easy and comfortable for highway driving and the Sky-slider top is great for warm weather -- especially when you are driving on secondary roads in scenic areas. Better than a convertible because you have much less wind. Off-road capabilities are good, especially once the original tires were replaced with a more aggressively-treaded tire. Have had no mechanical problems or recalls -- pretty unusual based on experience with other vehicles. The only downside is the gas mileage which runs around 15 mpg in local driving and 24 mpg on the highway."

Comfortable Safe Ride

By on Friday, December 20, 2013

"I love my Liberty Jeep. The heated leather seats are great in the winter. Very comfortable drive and visablility is excellent. I feel very safe. It can be difficult to turn sometimes, but I've gotten used to that and have no issues now. Love my Jeep! That's all I'm getting from now on!!"

This has been a "SUV" that has Satisfied our needs

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "Great utility, tough and rugged"

Cons: "Poor city MPG"

"This has been a SUV that has satisfied our needs and one of the few real SUV's. It has been very reliable, unstoppable in all kinds of conditions. Lots of room, even two midsized dogs fit with all seats up. The Liberty's only downfall is it's gas mileage, 20 mpg highway...not bad for heavy SUV, however around town about 12mpg!! The engine is quiet and peppy, runs great...except for above mpg it's great. Best of all it's a real SUV, it's a JEEP!!!"