2009 Jeep Liberty

8.2

Based on 246 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

"Would not live without a Jeep!"

Awsome

By on Friday, December 05, 2014

"amazing"

Great Vehicle

By on Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Pros: "Looks, Comfort, Quiet ride, Great Price, Drive"

Cons: "Gas Mileage"

"Wish Jeep still made this Style. The only downfall with the 6cyl is mileage per gallon about 19 on highway. Other then that I LOVE THIS CAR"

I love it

By on Sunday, November 23, 2014

Pros: "The price was fair , I feel safe in it"

Cons: "could use a little more headroom"

"This is my second Jeep and it handles amazingly. Driving in snow and ice, it is truly awesome. I don't slide going stoping or even turning. When I bought it I new it's fuel mileage was going to around 18 to 22 mpg. It's the trade off you have to accept for power and safety. No it doesn't ride like a Lincoln, but it's comfortable for where it can go. Will I buy another, absolutely yes."

Capable off-road vehicle. Fair to poor mpg.

By on Saturday, November 01, 2014

"It will go nearly anywhere in nearly any type of weather. Those who complain about the 21 mpg should try driving a Prius in the woods. Haven't had a problem with the vehicle since new (almost 4 years ago). Jeeps are the only way to go in northern Wisconsin."

I was expecting more from Jeep product

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "Great Price as a leftover"

Cons: "Too many minor issues, and no updates on the dash"

"I take car of all my cars for exception of all my fishing stuff I keep in the rear, but otherwise keep up with all service needs as required. But I got really annoyed at the little things that began to go wrong after only a few years. For example, the rear brak cover plastic started to get water in it eventually shorting out the brak light on one side, the lighter holder kept falling out of the dash almost immediately after plugging my phone into occassionally. The door window seals must Hve allowed window to leak wter causing window to slide down no longer operable by the electric window motor. That cost about $700 to fix which required n entire door assembly. The in bord computer went just under 60,000 miles. Expensive to fix. One of the brake locked up causing the wheel rotors nd lol other parts of the wheel to be replaced again t round 56,000 (just after warranty...go figure). Though I like th way the jeep handles in snow in 4 wheel drive, and I. Various rugged conditions, I'm not sure I'd buy another one despite their reputation. Too many Nicole and dime service issues."

Not worth the Cost, Bad Mileage

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "Pretty vehicle"

Cons: "Minor problems often, with very poor gas mileage."

"Bought this Jeep Liberty brand new. Off the lot its a nice SUV. Mileage is another thing. I gave it some time as suggested waiting for the mileage to even out. Off the lot and ever since it averages about 17 mpg. Very bad for this type of vehicle. There is nothing dynamic about the vehicle to cause such low gas mileage. It is well maintained and nice. I have had issues such as the following. When I started the vehicle, the windshield wipers would automatically come on. The seats seem to be coming unstable, after just 2 short years of driving. The heater along the floor went out, but still worked through the vents. Although, they seem like minor problems these are things that tie up work days to get fixed. The mileage will never be fixed, and has not lived up to paperwork stats as far as getting around 21 mpg. You will be at the pumps often with this vehicle."

my first jeep

By on Saturday, September 27, 2014

Pros: "4x4 fully loaded for a reasonable price"

Cons: "tire wear, fishtelly in snow"

"I did a ton of research before buying any vehicle because I have a beater car. I knew I was looking for a 4wd that got around 20 mpg. We get a good amount of snow where I live and I always have to go to work in it. I looked at all kinds of jeeps and other name brands before I came across the jeep I bought. Be patient while buying one of these because some dealers have them way over priced and are trying to get you for every penny. This website said I should pay about 18 thousand for the fully loaded 09 jeep I bought. At the end of the day I only paid 15,500. It does drive a little more off roady then some other suv or cross overs I drove in the search for my new 4x4.One of the things I read about is the front tires wear easy which the dealer also told me. I have yet to use it in the snow which was what made me most nervous about this jeep is that most consumers say it can get fishtelly in the snow. that I will update you on but for now it has been a great jeep."

My 7th Jeep. An excellent vehicle.

By on Tuesday, September 23, 2014

"Best Jeep I ever bought. I have the tow package and it can haul, this Jeep is mighty with great gas mileage and excellent in the snow and great city driving as well. Hightly recommend!"

Feels as a much bigger/taller vehicle than it is.

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "High visibility, 4WD"

Cons: "Front suspension during turns chews tires really f"

"When you turn wheels all the way rubber is getting scraped off really fast, you can feel it. And it feels as wheels are trying to lay down on the ground. Very unstable on the slippery roads"

I'm very pleased with this vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Very good ground clearance, handles great."

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"This is our third Jeep, 2 GC prior to the Liberty. Our Liberty is the Trail Rated version. Very please with the way it handles off road and on snow and ice. We've haven't had any problem with the vehicle."

I love the way this jeep feels on and off road

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "Jeep comfort and driveability"

"very comfortable,no bad blind spots, rides and handles great on and off road. owned 4 years and driven 68k, no problems except TPMS switch $$$$ over all love it!"

Enjoy driving the vehicle except ...

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Good reliable vehicle brand"

Cons: "The legroom width on Driver side."

"I have been driving Jeep brand vehicles for well over 18+ years. I love them. I haven't had any major mechanical issues with any of them. I began leasing Jeep's in late 1995 and have driven mainly the Jeep Grand Cherokee. However, in 2011 after losing my job I switched to the Liberty as a money saving lease option. The main and probably only complaint I have about the Liberty is the driver side roominess. I am 6 feet tall and the drivers area has plenty of length to stretch the legs BUT, it's the width. At my height I have to place my left foot up against the door frame to keep it out of the way of the brake pedal. Several times when I first took the car out of the showroom I hit the brake pedal and my foot got in the way. I nearly hit cars stopped in front of me. It takes getting used to."

No more Jeep Vehicles for me

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Poor performance, terrible electronics"

"I swapped from a 2002 Liberty with 200,000 miles to the 2010. The performance of the 2010 versus the 2002 is dramatically worse. Acceleration for passing was non existent with the engine revving up to redline conditions and absolutely no increase in speed for several seconds... long enough to really make you overly concerned about being able to pass a vehicle at all. The famous U-Connect system was the absolute worst handsfree connection feature ever. I had to purchase an external mobile speaker in order to use handsfree while driving. The Universal Home-Link required 7 to 10 presses before it would work. The clock lost time everyday so that you were constantly resetting it. I usually put 180,000 to 200,000 miles on a vehicle, but after 44,000 miles, I had taken all I could and traded this pile of junk."

Cool Jeep

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Really Fun to drive,"

"I bought mine used and I'm hooked. It looks good and rides good. It drives like a truck, sits as high as the big ones, with an incredibly smooth and quiet ride. It has plenty of power to get on the highway with it's V6. My Artic edition is fully loaded to included CD/DVD/SAT, heated and memory seats, home link, auto dimming rear view mirror and much more. Don't buy if it's your only car or you don't like to buy gas or else you would be disappointed with the gas mileage. Remember this isn't a crossover but a Super hot truck at a decent price, others small SUV's don't compare. Ignore the experts, test drive one and see for yourself!"

Excellent and very reliable one owner vehicle.

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

"This vehicle was purchased new by me in 2008. I live 1 mile from work, this vehicle has never been driven in rush hour traffic. This vehicle has a 30GB Hard drive that copies all your CD music for instant playing. It has a factory Navigation system with AM, FM, and Satellite radio. New tires and spare tire has never been used. It has front heated seats and AC outlet for charging computers and tablets."

Love my Liberty

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Moon roof,navigation"

"The perfect car for me. Comfortable seats. Back has ample room for three people comfortably. Great in bad weather--rain or snow!"

Exactly the vehicle for me.

By on Friday, May 30, 2014

Pros: "performs perfectlly"

Cons: "no cruise control"

On the beach, Ocracoke Island, Outer Banks, North Carolina.

"I have used this Liberty for everything. It's very comfortable to travel in, or drive to work. The off road capabilities are amazing. I have taken it into deep sand, beach sand, mountain trails, extremely steep hills, and everything else. I use it to pull a boat and launch it, sometimes in extremely steep and slippery conditions. It has performed perfectly in all situations. This is just a great vehicle."

On the beach, Ocracoke Island, Outer Banks, North Carolina.

Becareful buying these

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

"Please be careful buying any jeep with the 3.7 or 4.7 liter engine. I bought what I thought was a very nice and loaded 2009 jeep liberty. I did a little research ,and didn't see anything pop out as far as major issues. I was wrong. Jeep has an issue with almost any and all of the 3.7 and 4.7 engines. The left bank cylinder head has a design flaw, and carbons up in under 30,000 miles and burns the valves requiring a $3,000 repair job. I bought this used at 59,000 miles ,and just after my 30 day warranty from a Toyota dealer, the left cylinder head needed replaced. As the the second owner of this jeep,the warranty is only 3 years or 36,00 miles. Not the usual 5 year,60,000 miles. If you do not believe me, Please Google jeep 3.7 and 4.7 cylinder head issues and cylinder miss fire issue. Please do this before you buy one. I ended up spending 4200.00 extra after it was all fixed!!!! Do not make the mistake I did. If you buy it new though, You have a warranty, So it doesnt matter. jeep will fix the issue for free. Please Google it!!!"

Love my Jeep Liberty!

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Spacious, reliable, nice design"

Cons: ""Popping" sound when turning hard"

"I purchased my 2010 Jeep Liberty in January of 2014. I traded in a car that had no working heat, with 160k miles, and cracked heads. So, when I bought my Jeep, needless to say, I was on cloud nine. 3 months & 4 ice storms later, I still love my Jeep just as much! The 4wd was amazing during the winter. We had a few harsh ice storms and the ole Jeep never thought twice about it. It is very spacious and wonderful to take on trips. My only complaint about the Jeep is that it tends to make a "popping" noise when I cut it hard to the left or right, like trying to get in a tight parking spot. But, there's a chance it could just be something minor with my vehicle. Gas mileage is not bad at all. I drive 15 miles one way to work each day and 35 miles one way to church twice a week and I fill up once a week, normally for right at $50 (at about $3.20 per gallon). So you do the math there. I have no complaints at all with my gas mileage, considering it is a 4wd SUV. It is just my husband & I, so we don't regularly have anyone in our backseat, but when we do have extra people with us, they find the backseat comfortable and spacious. Another important thing to remember is that Jeeps hold their value really well! Highly recommend the Jeep Liberty."

Comfortable and reliable automobile

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "Very comfortable for driver, fun and nice looking."

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better."

"We have owned Jeeps for ever. We've found them to be reliable cars and also found them to be safe for our children as their first cars. We've never had any trouble with any of our Jeeps. I rate this Liberty as excellent. It looks great and is so comfortable and fun to drive."

Best vehicle I've ever owned!

By on Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Pros: "Only routine maintenance. No engine problems."

Cons: "Keyless lock unreliable. Rear wiper broke."

"I absolutely love this vehicle! Reliable, tough and pretty. What more can you ask for? Yeah, it's a bumpy ride. It's a Jeep! Get over it! The navigation system is THE BEST I've ever used in ANY other vehicle. It finds everything! The keyless start is cool and I had fun scaring people with it. But, I had an intermittent problem with the keyless lock. The lock can unlock without pressing any buttons. I would sometimes return to my vehicle and find it unlocked. I have learned that this is not an uncommon issue with this model. I was lucky that no one ever stole anything but this is a flaw that could have been costly. Also, the rear wiper mechanism stopped working shortly after I bought it. I never paid to get it fixed but it would have been nice. Overall, I love this vehicle!"

Pros: "The car is virtually brand new."

"Though the car is a 2010 model year, it did not go into service until 2011. It literally has 3 months of original warranty left. You heard the story of the car the little old lady drove to church on sundays? My story is similar. The car was owned by my wife's 91 year old father. They live in Grand Haven, MI and he used it to drive around the lake front and to go grocery shopping...PERIOD!! Hence the reason it only has 14,500 miles. He just got too old for driving and we had to take the car away from him. The fact is I don't need the car as I already have two vehicles. One of which is a company car that I put all my millage on. The other just sits in the garage. So I just want to get rid of this car quickly, which is the reason I am selling it so cheap. If you want a jeep, and you want the best deal around, buy this before its gone."