2009 Jeep Liberty

8.2

Based on 234 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Enjoy driving the vehicle except ...

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

Pros: "Good reliable vehicle brand"

Cons: "The legroom width on Driver side."

"I have been driving Jeep brand vehicles for well over 18+ years. I love them. I haven't had any major mechanical issues with any of them. I began leasing Jeep's in late 1995 and have driven mainly the Jeep Grand Cherokee. However, in 2011 after losing my job I switched to the Liberty as a money saving lease option. The main and probably only complaint I have about the Liberty is the driver side roominess. I am 6 feet tall and the drivers area has plenty of length to stretch the legs BUT, it's the width. At my height I have to place my left foot up against the door frame to keep it out of the way of the brake pedal. Several times when I first took the car out of the showroom I hit the brake pedal and my foot got in the way. I nearly hit cars stopped in front of me. It takes getting used to."

No more Jeep Vehicles for me

By on Sunday, August 10, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Poor performance, terrible electronics"

"I swapped from a 2002 Liberty with 200,000 miles to the 2010. The performance of the 2010 versus the 2002 is dramatically worse. Acceleration for passing was non existent with the engine revving up to redline conditions and absolutely no increase in speed for several seconds... long enough to really make you overly concerned about being able to pass a vehicle at all. The famous U-Connect system was the absolute worst handsfree connection feature ever. I had to purchase an external mobile speaker in order to use handsfree while driving. The Universal Home-Link required 7 to 10 presses before it would work. The clock lost time everyday so that you were constantly resetting it. I usually put 180,000 to 200,000 miles on a vehicle, but after 44,000 miles, I had taken all I could and traded this pile of junk."

Cool Jeep

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

Pros: "Really Fun to drive,"

"I bought mine used and I'm hooked. It looks good and rides good. It drives like a truck, sits as high as the big ones, with an incredibly smooth and quiet ride. It has plenty of power to get on the highway with it's V6. My Artic edition is fully loaded to included CD/DVD/SAT, heated and memory seats, home link, auto dimming rear view mirror and much more. Don't buy if it's your only car or you don't like to buy gas or else you would be disappointed with the gas mileage. Remember this isn't a crossover but a Super hot truck at a decent price, others small SUV's don't compare. Ignore the experts, test drive one and see for yourself!"

Excellent and very reliable one owner vehicle.

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

"This vehicle was purchased new by me in 2008. I live 1 mile from work, this vehicle has never been driven in rush hour traffic. This vehicle has a 30GB Hard drive that copies all your CD music for instant playing. It has a factory Navigation system with AM, FM, and Satellite radio. New tires and spare tire has never been used. It has front heated seats and AC outlet for charging computers and tablets."

Love my Liberty

By on Sunday, July 13, 2014

Pros: "Moon roof,navigation"

"The perfect car for me. Comfortable seats. Back has ample room for three people comfortably. Great in bad weather--rain or snow!"