2008 Jeep Liberty

8.2

Based on 239 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Little trooper

By on Friday, June 05, 2009

"I traded in my 2002 Dodge 1500 - hated to but the price of gas was killing me. Though I miss the height of driving my truck the Liberty has been a trooper. Gas mileage has been at least 22+ mpg mostly city. I purchased the Liberty with the skyslider which most of the time is is great! On the highway - if it's closed - not so good, Lots of noise because the seal isn't so great - I have taken it back to the dealer several times to no avail. If you don't have to do lots of highway travel with the roof closed it's a fun little SUV. I'm over 6' tall and have no problem driving and enjoying this vehicle."

Pretty Good, A Few Flaws

By on Tuesday, June 02, 2009

"We've had a 4x4 Limited for a year now, and it's been pretty good. We got the Jeep as a tow car for our RV, because we like Jeeps and with the electronic transfer case disengage -- we can tow unlimited miles with a push of the button. So many other vehicles require rotating the transmission every couple hundred miles. The 4x4 has been great. The seats are fantastic. MyGig is great with navigation. It's easy to drive. There are some issues. First, the shifting from 3rd to 4th is very poor. It doesn't hold in 3rd hear long enough, so there is a significant loss of power because the RPM drops very low with premature shifting to 4th gear - very disappointing. Also, the front suspension/shocks are way too mushy -- it bottoms out too easily. This is very disappointing -- it does not match the rear suspension which is firm but not hard. Lastly, there are some minor issues with the MyGig entertainment system, but no real problems. Our Jeep is fully loaded -- when you get all the advanced saftey options it's a lot of vehicle for a reasonable price. Would we guy again? You bet!"

GReat Feel and Looks

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"interior layout and quality are top notch, peppy engine - all the features and extras"

Great car for the buck

By on Thursday, May 28, 2009

"I have driven my 08 Liberty over 57000 miles in the first year. Most of those miles pulling a 1500 Lb trailer. If I drive 65mph or lower I consistantly received 21+mpg with that little trailer in tow. 25+mpg if I wasn't towing. I still have the origional brakes, and tires. Basicall just followed the factory service schedule and this thing has been wonderful. The only issue that I have is that the gearing is so high to get the fuel economy up it can be a little challenging to get going with a heavy load (trailer and full of people) on a steep incline. the hill start assist helps but lower first and reverse gears would work better."

By on Monday, May 25, 2009