2008 Jeep Liberty

8.2

Based on 230 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

This has been a "SUV" that has Satisfied our needs

By on Thursday, December 19, 2013

Pros: "Great utility, tough and rugged"

Cons: "Poor city MPG"

"This has been a SUV that has satisfied our needs and one of the few real SUV's. It has been very reliable, unstoppable in all kinds of conditions. Lots of room, even two midsized dogs fit with all seats up. The Liberty's only downfall is it's gas mileage, 20 mpg highway...not bad for heavy SUV, however around town about 12mpg!! The engine is quiet and peppy, runs great...except for above mpg it's great. Best of all it's a real SUV, it's a JEEP!!!"

ok

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "good looks, feels heavy and safe"

Cons: "Fuel economy, Quality, Value for your money"

"I bought my 2010 Liberty new. Some issues I have had are: bad weld at rear hatch door which was leaking water inside, thermostat replaced (under warranty), rear door lock actuator replaced, radio does not keep time, interior dash rattles and squeaks, rear window seal leaks so when I get car wash the back window will not open with remote or button on dash until it dries out. Fuel economy is bad but I knew that at time of purchase. It's been paid for so I will drive it till a major component failure. Knowing what I know now I would not purchase again. I would not consider buying a used one. Many better choices are in the price range in my opinion. On a positive note it has never left me stranded and it has always started. The 4wd works great."

Love my 3 Jeeps

By on Thursday, December 05, 2013

Pros: "Off road capabilities, towing capabilities"

Cons: "Poor on road manners"

WI snow

"Now I come from a Jeep family. I have a 99 Cherokee Sport(bought in 00') an 08' Jeep Liberty Limited and a 10' Jeep Liberty Sport. I had two Jeeps over the years prior to these three; a CJ5 and an 88' Wrangler Sahara. My dad bought an 86' Cherokee new and just sold it last year, he has a 98' GC Limited and an 05' GC Limited. You can see I come from a Jeep family and grew up with them. As long as you maintain them properly you never have issues with them and they are the most reliable vehicles around(compared to others with non-Jeep vehicles and issues they have encountered). My 99 Cherokee I bought in 00' and now with 250,000 miles has never let me down; it has never broke down and has gotten me through one to one and a half feet of snow plenty of times over the years. It tows good but lacks many on-road manners however what do you expect from a 14 year old vehicle that can tow 5,000 pounds and is designed/built like a tank; the jeep is unstoppable off road. My 08' Liberty Limited and 10' Liberty Sport have all my old Cherokee is missing; they have great on road manners, can still tow 5,000 pounds, and are good off road. I would like to add that they are not nearly as capable off road as my 99' Cherokee though. But I am okay with that because you need to give a little to get a little; the Liberty has IFS in the front and the 99 Cherokee has a live axle in the front. Overall I have been happy with all five Jeeps I have owned over the last 19 years(3 of which I still have). If you want a vehicle that drives nice, is dependable(as long as maintained) and will never let you down no matter what mother nature throws at you then get a Jeep. Keep in mind they are not as comfy as a car and do not have good gas mileage but what can you expect from a vehicle that can tow 5,000 pounds and get you through anything."

WI snow

my 4th jeep and loved them all

By on Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pros: "Strong, safe, fun, durable, American made (sort of"

Cons: "Heater is 'iffy' in cold country"

"Jeeps are durable and easy on maintenance. Either you love 'em or hate 'em. They have their quirks...mostly cabin noise, top heavy, not great gas mileage, no luxury ride. But dang! My 2008 Liberty is 2wd six speed stick with no options except basic standard ones, radio, a/c, power windows and locks. It goes anywhere and looks good doing it. Wouldn't recommend towing a heavy trailer, light towing is good. Been off road gold prospecting and didn't think twice about it. Rides high and safe/solid and I can wash it and take it to the golf course. Expect a life span of 300,000 miles with reasonable care. May need a new clutch at 150,000 miles. Looks brand new and it's 5 years old so no rust or body problems, Florida salt air and off road about 15% of it's life so far. Step daughter liked mine and bought three already (Wrangler type) and wife just bought a Grand Cherokee. Two friends bought Libertys after seeing mine."

Third Liberty - Still a Fan

By on Thursday, October 31, 2013

Pros: "4x4, appearance, comfort"

Cons: "heavy"

"This is the 3rd Liberty I've owned - 2012 4x4 Latitude with leather and 16k miles.- my son is still driving my 07 with 130k miles. Wasn't sure about the new body style when it first came out but now I'm a fan. It is larger inside and the seats with lumbar fit perfectly for my bad back - long trips no problem. It handles great in the snow and has decent acceleration on the highway. One thing I really notice is the weight - with a full tank it drives very "heavy". I am a life long Jeep fan and have really enjoyed the Liberty. Here's hoping for 100k+ in this one! I would highly recommend this Jeep especially if you live in snow country."

The absolute worst piece of junk I have ever owned

By on Sunday, October 06, 2013

Reason: poor quality

Pros: "when the 4 wheel drive works. its good"

Cons: "TOO MANY to List"

"Another Poor Quality, Over priced junk. I have never seen a vehicle plummet in value as fast as this. I think that in a few years Damler Chrysler will be writing checks to cover a host of problems from this vehicle. Worst gas milage, Plastic everything, 4 wheel drive breaks down and on top of all that they quit making them. That was the smartest thing that they could do. Worst mistake I ever made. I wouldn't purchase anything made by this company."

I love my Jeep

By on Monday, September 30, 2013

"About the only thing I don't care about is the gas mileage, I don't feel it get's what I expect although I have had people tell me that it's good. I love the style of the Jeep and color, it handles well and the 4 wheel drive is the best in the snow and sandy areas."

Can't wait to get rid of my 2011 Jeep Liberty

By on Friday, September 27, 2013

"Can't wait to get rid of my 2011 Jeep Liberty ! In the first year I had it in the shop 3 times, the second year another 3 times. Went to get into my Jeep after work (didn't even have it for a year) one day and it would not start. Had to have it towed to a dealer who told me it put itself into "antitheft" mode . Sometimes I have heat - sometimes I don't, I put the heat on and it blows air conditioning. Then if I make a stop and get back in, maybe it will blow heat. The windshield wipers come on whenever they want and shut off whenever they want. I do not touch the control, they do it all by themselves. I can literally watch the gas gauge go down. I do love the style and knew it wouldn't be so great on gas, but did not expect so much to be wrong with this Jeep. After buying a new car I do not expect to be sitting in a dealership all the time getting it fixed. Had it 2 years and would never recommend a Jeep to anyone (as much as I love the way they look)"

Nice Jeep

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "price, features, looks and value"

Cons: "lack of 5th gear- gas mileage"

"I had a 2008 compass and I love this Jeep. It comfortable, powerful and has the style of the old Cherokees! I wish it had a 5th gear for economy but can't be happier. It came (latitude) with many features for 26K. I have wheeled, played in the snow and had to climb to customers homes. I love it-bad is only issue is the gas mileage. Go get one if you want room, american built (Grand Cherokee is too mexican assembled for me plus they have too many issues."

Very practical vehicle.

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

"Rear-wheel drive was important to us plus being up off the road for better visibility. No more front wheel drive vehicles for us. This is our forth new jeep in a row. All of them have been trouble free and very dependable for my wife and for me so we bought Jeep again. The 4X4 drive system is a requirement where we live in Vermont and it is very capable all season vehicle. It has a comfortable ride with great handling characteristics making it a pleasure to go anywhere regardless of weather conditions."

See if you qualify for