2008 Jeep Liberty

8.2

Based on 225 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Keeping my '99 Cherokee Sport but.....

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "Works hard, plays harder. Front passenger comfort."

Cons: "Rear leg room. Driver blind spot;front passenger"

"My 2011 Liberty steals the show whether I'm in a business suit, church suit, sweat suit, or mud. Inside, out, top and bottom, after six months, this brand and model delivers what it promised."

OVER ALL GREAT TRUCK

By on Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Pros: "4X4 NEVER GOT STUCK"

Cons: "WINSHIELD WASHER ON HOOD BREAK 1 EVERY YEAR"

"ENGINE NOISE IN SIDE A LITTLE LOUD/EMERGENCY BREAK(DRUM STYLE)HARD TO REMOVE WHEN REMOVING REAR ROTORS"

Cons: "none!"

"I bought this car to replace my older one, and I absolutely love this car! It has everything I wanted and more! And not to mention the color selection Jeep has for the Liberties is amazing!"

Love love love this car

By on Friday, June 28, 2013

Pros: "Leather, smooth drive,low maintence, safety"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I bought this Jeep last summer as a transition from a small car to a good working vehicle. I chose the Jeep liberty because of its price vs. value. I feel like I have definitely gotten my money's worth out of my Jeep. Literally the only downfall is gas mileage. I get about 16 city/21 highway. Which still isn't bad, just not was I was used to owning a small car. The Bluetooth is a great feature, the leather goes through the wear of kids, dogs and daily driving of at least 50 miles. I have owned it for a year and it still looks and drives brand new. Considering most SUV's sell for 40 grand and up. This is a great car for the price."

Decent Day to Day

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "V6 Trail Rated Exterior 4wd Nice ride Hidden cargo"

Cons: "Interior Gas mileage"

"I have owed all makes and models of Jeeps. I have hated the previous Liberty's and would have never thought of owning one. I am a fan of the old Cherokee unibodies and have had several of them. My last one was a 2001 (moment of silence...) I have been impressed with the Liberty changes and the overal look is similar to the Cherokee of old. Still a little off but I do enjoy the space and offload capability. The 3.7L motor is not as impressive as the 3.6 Pentastar on paper but I have no complaints. The Jeep has a lot of get up and go and has been enough to tow anything I have needed to. I have the base sport edition and the interior is not the best when it comes to other makes in its class. The Equinox has an amazing interior and better overall dash. I prefer the exterior to any in its class and the Motor is more powerful. All in all a decent vehicle to own."

Solid, wish I would have bought a Jeep years ago.

By on Friday, May 31, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable, safe, solid vehicle."

Cons: "MPG in city, but pros outweigh cons."

"Lots of torque, pulls my trailer without any effort. The ride feels like a much bigger vehicle. Makes me feel safe when my grandchildren are in the car. Living in Florida, rain storms are frequent and I actually welcome them asI have never felt so safe in any other vehicle. The tires are just planted to the ground, no hydro planning or worries about flooding out. Easy to park and I love the big square windows. Visibility is great and all the windows roll all of the way down. The back is easily accessible for our dog and we easily transport our bikes on outings. Hard to believe they won't be making the Liberty anymore, however I believe that the longevity of this vehicle will easily surpass my expectations. If you haven't guessed by know, I love my Jeep!"

I love my Jeep Liberty

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable and reliable"

Cons: "The cup holders are too big"

"I purchased a 2012 Jeep Liberty 4x4 with the Lattitude package 9 months ago. So far it's been a very good suv. The four wheel drive is excellent. I've gone through some really deep snow with ease. I've also been able to tow a fairly large trailer quite easily. I have the leather interior and it's very comfortable. I haven't had any issues at all. I've perfprmed 2 oil changes and rotated my tires once. The only thing I can even think to complain about is the cup holders are too big for most drinks. Overall I would buy another Jeep in a heartbeat."

I like it a lot, but don't love it.

By on Tuesday, May 07, 2013

Pros: "Reliability, exterior look, feels good driving it"

Cons: "back-seat comfort, MPG"

"First, I want to it to be clear that I got an excellent deal on my white Liberty Latitude Edition. I am happy with it, and proud to drive it. BUT, I highly regret not spending a bit more to get the 4x4 version. If you're considering the Liberty, either get the 4x4 version or get a different vehicle entirely. What's the point of getting a heavy SUV that only gets about 16mpg in the city if you aren't going to have the benefit of getting to drive it in mud and snow when you need/want to? Sure, with the decent ground clearance I can drive in heavy rain and deep water just fine in my RWD Latitude, but you won't see me driving around in heavy snow (like I occasionally need to where I live). I like its overall exterior look. I'm a fan of the military-style Jeep look, and I like the look of the chrome accents and wheels (standard with the Latitude) on the white paint. It's a classy-looking SUV that I'm proud to drive, but like I said, I'm kicking myself for not getting the more capable 4X4 version. The interior is acceptable but nothing to brag about. It's straightforward. Black leather seats, the front two are heated. Retractable sun roof is pretty cool. Boring radio/CD interface. I'm not a showy person, so I was fine with the modesty of the interior. Back-seat ride is pretty bumpy, and there are no air vents for back-seat passengers. However, they do fold completely flat and leave you with quite a bit of room to haul stuff inside. I haven't towed anything with my Liberty yet, but I plan to. From the research I've done, it shouldn't be a problem pulling modestly heavy trailers. The Tow/Haul button comes standard and keeps you in lower gears longer to pull the extra weight. Last but not least, critics say the Liberty motor is dated and "behind the times" because its big V6 isn't putting out enough horsepower compared to the competition. What they usually fail to mention is the reliability that comes with buying a vehicle with an engine that has been in production for several years. You know what you're getting with this motor. (And while on the topic of reliability, being a Jeep means there's quality Mopar products scattered throughout the vehicle.)"

Daily mileage awful

By on Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "bad day to day mileage"

"It's a shame that a US car shows 10mpg in day to day city driving. On the parkway it does a respectable 21mpg. I've used this to tow a medium sized, 4000lb RV trailer, and it did very well."

Love love love my Liberty!

By on Monday, March 25, 2013

"This is the 4th Jeep I've owned. They are great vehicles, reliable, dependable and fun to drive. Lots of zip and they handle well. Also, they are great in the snow. I have run all of my Jeeps to well over 100K miles, a couple to over 200K. They required very little repairs, only the obvious wear items like brakes, exhaust, tires and later on suspension parts but again, that was wear-items. I will probably always drive Jeeps. Great car for a good price."

Solid vehicle, poor mileage

By on Sunday, March 03, 2013

Pros: "for new 4x4 under $25,000 can't beat"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Owned since new, good power, handles right for type of vehicle, wish gas mileage was better, sky slider has minor leaks during heavy rains (about 3 times), overall good value for the price, next vehicle will be Sahara, more money but resale is better"

Excellent 4WD , good value overall... it's a Jeep!

By on Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Pros: "It's a Jeep!! A good value with a long time name."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage especially about town is all."

"Very good value for money spent excellent (real!) 4WD, off road seems superior to others in class and a perfect size. Engine runs purrfect but not good gas mileage by todays stasndards. This is my wifes Jeep and she loves it! Plenty of room for her 3 dogs and despite the fuel cost it really does the job for her, she loves it. Of course with us if it says "Jeep" it rules anyway and it's tough!! It's a shame Jeep has decided to drop it...I think it'll be back... let's watch."

Jeeps for life

By on Monday, November 19, 2012

Pros: "reliable, great performance, love the high center"

Cons: "interior"

"The Jeep Liberty is the first car I have ever owned and let me tell you I am hooked on Jeeps. GET THIS CAR"

LOVE my Jeep!

By on Wednesday, November 07, 2012

"I am 100% satisfied with my Jeep. I was looking for an affordable, larger SUV at a good price. I got a great deal on the upgraded latitude package and am SO satisfied with it. The MPG is not the greatest, I usually average 19-23 but you are driving a 4WD SUV! I didn't have to pay $40,000 for a hybrid etc etc that gets 30mpg I paid half that with a little less mileage. In the end it is a MUCH better deal and you can't surpass the quality of Jeep for this price!!"

gas mileage and transmission issues

By on Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Pros: "nice looking"

Cons: "horrible gas mileage and a rough transmission"

"I thought I'd like this vehicle as it seemed to be well made. I guess I should have driven many of the same model to see if they all drove the same. My issues are that this Jeep gets worse mileage than my Dodge Ram1500 Daytona Hemi. If I'm lucky I'll average 18 miles a gallon and that's with a lot of highway driving. Horrible MPG! Then the transmission clunks shifting from 1st. to 2nd and it seems smooth from that point on. It's if you dropped the clutch and missed a shift at the same time, except this is an automatic transmission! Boy did I buy a looser!"

Love my 2012 Liberty!!

By on Monday, September 17, 2012

Pros: "Looks, Comfort, off road capability and towing"

"I love this truck. It has everything I want. I have the Latitude edition with the optional 4wd auto, heated leather seats, parking sensors, bluetooth, 1 year sat. radio, and much more. It's super comfortable and I got a great deal. The sticker price was 30k and I got it for 23k. I like the good visability in this vehicle and it handles great. I've already gone down some trails and it has performed well off road. I average about 24mpg highway."

New car, but in shop twice

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Looks good from the outside."

Cons: "Time consuming when having to take it to the deale"

"My husband and I thought with newer technology that this car would be reliable. Our Jeep is brand new, leather seats, chrome detail, etc. Obviously, this car only looks good from the outside, but not at all reliable on the inside. The first thing we noticed was that the jeep took several tries to start. It needed a new fuel pump. (This jeep only has 7000 miles on it so far). Next the power window was making noise. Now, we did not use the windows much due to very hot weather this year. Next, after receiving the jeep back from the dealer, four days later the engine light goes off again. Good thing we bought the lifetime warranty. I would feel bad for the consumer that did not buy that package."

I love it

By on Thursday, September 13, 2012

"I bought the limited jet. I average right at 20 mpg Very happy with the comfortable ride and the way it drives. Very little road noise"

Reliable highway vehicle

By on Saturday, September 08, 2012

Pros: "fair price comfortable to drive"

Cons: "not good for off road"

"This has been a reliable vehicle for highway driving. When driving off road it is fine as long as the road isn't at at a steep incline. For some reason the transmission light will always come on. I have taken back to the dealers shop and they have never been able to find whats wrong with it. The slider roof has been a problem. It has leaked and they replaced the motor and made it suck down to the vehicle closer but it still will leak on occasion."

Not So Great

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "cute outside, looks very modern on this inside"

Cons: "no pick-up, LOUD engine, poor quality"

"my jeep is an '06.i bought this car "used" from a sister in-laws family member. iv needed a few alignments. still never got it completely straight.two of the foam linings around the inside of the doors have completely fallen off and had to be pushed and glued back into place. it has the WORST pick up ever. the leather driver seat was tearing when i recieved it...from just normal wear and tear...after only 3 years! also one of the window regulators went out...which apparently from reading various review of jeep libertys, im lucky i only had the window regulator break on one window.,but even tho i wasnt under warranty, when i called the dealership, they said they knew about the problem and would fix it for free. not sure why so many other people get charged for having it fixed. also the the emergency break inside one of the back wheels broke off. and it is soooooooo loud when driving. not just on the freeway...but anytime you have your foot on the gas. and soo bumpy too..and the back seats squeek now when i drive. i recently had to change the water pump as well. another big draw back was the horrible gas mileage. dont buy this vehicle...unless all you care about is it looking cute on the outide"

Really like my liberty

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "4x4 media center size, features"

Cons: "gas mileage could be better"

"Saw all the posts and comments. Really think it through when judging this vehicle vs the others. The reviews are not apples to apples as the saying goes. The liberty might have less horses but can pull more. The others have a turbo charged engine which is costly when bugs or whatever gets in when your outdoors using the 4x4. Jeep is tried and true and its up to the individual what they want. The interior is outstanding for the price and the new design is cool. I have no issues with city driving and wheeling is outstanding. The other models CR's talks about have issues,recalls ect. 4 cylinder turbo charged or 16 valve-guess what? hard working small engines tend to need lots of service and repair. I myself prefer a jeep made in the US and canada and assembled in Ohio, not in 3rd world countries, mexico or child slave labor. Its really up to you, drive one and then make up your mind. The sheep follow-Jeeps lead!"

I AM a Jeep Woman

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

Pros: "I never worry about not being able to get anywhere"

Cons: "Not great gas milage but it's a trade-off"

Nothing can stop my Jeep. She started right up and I drove out.

"This is my 4th Jeep in 12 years. And the best so far. I love the little extras like the household electrical outlet, convenient cup holders and secret compartment on the dashboard. The glove compartment is really deep but easily accessible."

Nothing can stop my Jeep. She started right up and I drove out.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25