2008 Jeep Liberty

8.1

Based on 255 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Came back to a Liberty

By on Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Pros: "Good visiblity, solid, quiet ride, comfortable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I owned a 2002 Liberty and traded it in 2013 on a 2014 Mazda CX5. The Mazda had 27 MPG and handled well on the road. But, was not comfortable, had lots of road noise and other features that weren't up to par. I found a 2012 Liberty with low miles and I hope it proves to be as good as my 2002. The Jeep is solid, quiet on the road, handles well, seats are more comfortable than the Mazda and the sound system is much better in the Bose in the Mazda. The Jeep is also easier to see out of so that makes it safer on the road, you are less likely to not see a car coming! The only real tradeoff is MPG. I also like that the Jeep is 4WD not AWD. I like feeling my 4WD engage. If I love it as much as I loved my 2002, I'll be a very happy purchaser!"

best of the liberty era

By on Wednesday, February 04, 2015

"I had absolutely no problems with this vehicle. It was ordered with every valuable option available in April 2011. (wasn't a fan of the sky slider so i got the moon roof) Serviced only when required i.e. when the change oil warning prompted. (Use synthetic) Performed flawlessly in snow, icy and hot summer road conditions (got 4 michelin primacy mx4, REMARKABLE!). Didn't care much for 1. Gas mileage was City: 16mpg; Hwy: 22mpg ( The 3.7L eng mated to a 4speed trans seems to think its a V8 :) 2. Absence of a back up camera Buying points: 1. The Uconnect head unit was a trailblazer for the others that followed - very responsive. 2. Selec trac 4wd 3. Classic Style (reminiscent of original cherokee) 4. 5000lbs hitch 5. Premium wheels 18" 6. Remote start 7. Climate control I was reluctant to sell but needed a truck."

Do NOT buy one with a "sky slider" roof

By on Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Pros: "good 4x4?"

Cons: "lack of company required recall"

"Everything else you can figure out with some test drives, photos, and generic reviews... what Jeep refuses to announce is that the Sky Slider roof has a severe design flaw which basically guarantees the roof will mechanically fail and either be stuck open or stuck shut destroying the value of the vehicle and making it basically impossible to drive. And since it's a hundreds for a mechanic just to look at it and a LOT more to fix sticking you with a monthly bill for the life of your loan on a vehicle that you'll be unable to sell without throwing thousands of your own money into the mix"

Will buy another one.

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Pros: "Great to drive in the back woods. Fun fun fun."

Cons: "Bad gas mileage"

"This is my second jeep liberty and performance is great. My only complaint is the gas mileage. It's built to withstand the toughest of conditions."

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

"Would not live without a Jeep!"