2008 Jeep Liberty

8.1

Based on 255 Ratings for the 2008 - 2012 models.

Happy owner

By on Friday, September 04, 2009

"The vehicle I own is a 2008 6 speed manual 2 WD with some upgrades: cruise, air, CD, temp display, window tint. I love driving the vehicle and have had no problems. I've put over 7,000 miles on it since purchasing it in April. The 3.7 L seemed a little underpowered at first, but I was trying to drive in 5th / 6th gear too much and keeping RPMs too low. It has plenty of passing power in 4th. We drove from GA to MN & back last month and the vehicle was very comfortable, surprisingly quiet for a Jeep. I put an aftermarket hitch on it and can tow about 3,500 lbs. I've used it to haul mulch and furniture around town. Again, staying in 4th it has plenty of power. We bought Hidden Hitch and found it easy to install, but it takes two people to get it bolted in place. Now for a few complaints The pushbutton for opening the rear window falls out occasionally. Also, the rear wiper does not sit tightly on the glass. To be fair, I've not taken it to a dealer to have either problem fixed. Gas mileage is not great. I haven't done the math for the MN trip, but around town I've been getting about 17.5 MPG. But we bought this for light towing and camping, not long trips. We took a vintage canoe to MN and ultimately could not use the roof racks. There is only a 3 1/2 foot span front to back and the rack sits well back of the vehicle midline. That is no good for a 17 foot canoe. Most other rack loads - kayaks, skiis, clamshells - should be fine. All in all I'm a happy owner. I wanted an SUV like vehicle with some towing capacity at an economical price - more than a small pickup but less than a Ford Exploder or similar. The Liberty was very reasonably priced and is performing as expected."

Still Love My Jeep!!!

By on Wednesday, September 02, 2009

"I bought my Jeep in October 2007 brand new when they first came out-and it has been a great experience. I have had it for 2 years when October rolls around and its still strong, sharp,reliable fun and so on."

Love the updated 2008

By on Thursday, August 20, 2009

"The only issue so far is the slider top - I don't recommend this feature. The seal is a problem and now it leaks when it rains. It is in the dealership today. I like everything else about the car."

By on Thursday, August 13, 2009

Solid Performer

By on Monday, July 27, 2009

"I bought mine when they first came out and it has been a great vehicle. Very dependable, stylish and comfortable. It handles great. I have not reset the mileage calculator since I bought it over 2 years ago and in that time, I have averaged 21.4 miles per gallon. That includes highway and city driving. The people on here who state they get like 15 to 17 on the highway are either crazy or driving 100 mph up hill. I also can not believe the comments about the poor handling in snow. I live in western New York where we get about 100 inches each winter and the Liberty is unstoppable- a true Jeep. All in all- a GREAT SUV!!"