2006 Jeep Liberty

7.8

Based on 1317 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

I love this jeep!

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Power windows malfunction."

"So fun to drive! I have had this car for 5 years. No mechanical issues at all. I'm passing it on to my daughter. The only problem is with the back power window motors. Both have gone out on this car. Not a major issue, but a bit of an inconvenience. I'm currently looking for a newer model, but not real crazy about the newer body style. Overall, one of my favorite cars I've ever owned."

Excellent value; DOES ride like a jeep

By on Monday, March 9, 2015

Pros: "see above"

"4WD gets you around even on icy snow conditions (of course, not on ice alone). Rides kinda rough but better tires helped this. DID have repeated problems with emission system; orig catalytic converter was from CA, which initially contributed to confusion of getting the appropriate replacement. I don't know if it's faulty design but , for the last 2-3 years, I've had to replace cat or 02 sensors, ea year, to pass emissions (seems that this might be attributable to not getting to the cause of the problem, however, in my opinion). The seats stain TERRIBLY, even with water, which is asinine for a JEEP but I still feel like the benefit of being able to get around places that others cant (secondary to 4WD and V6, the room to haul my consignment finds, and longevity make this a great value. Plus , it's cute"

10 years now & still Extremely Reliable!

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "No Major Maintenance issue's, easy to drive"

Cons: "Minor Window regulator issue"

"I purchased this vehicle 10 years ago new & have not had a single major issue. I can't say that about any other vehicle I've owned. It's been so reliable, easy to drive convenient for space etc. Minor issue is the window regulators have broke a few times but I consider this a minor issue."

GREAT SUV for both men AND women....FUN TO DRIVE!!

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "Very economically priced, compared to most suvs."

Cons: "Gas mileage not good.....so not for long trips!"

"I own a 2005 Sport 4x4 Liberty, {Light khaki}It seats 5 comfortably. If I ever purchase another suv, I will buy another Liberty. I have approximately 70,000 miles on it. I have kept the oil changed every 5000 miles. I am about to replace the brake pads for the first time. Other than that, absolutely no repairs. I love the size, comfort,exterior and the interior. I have leather seats and it looks almost new. The exterior is like new as well. It is perfect for all terrains and handles great in city and offroad. It is fairly light weight, so I take caution at higher speeds. I wish it was a little heavier. As long as you drive the speed limits, it handles very well. I would not recommend high speeds for a liberty. This is a wonderful suv for the city, in all weather conditions. Your vision perimeters are very good, much better than most suvs. It is very safe to drive. It is a medium sized suv, which is perfect for me, as I am a petite woman. I wouldn't trade it for anything. It is a good vehicle for teens as Jeep designs never grow old. They are timeless vehicles."

Nice Jeep, except for the stupid windows!

By on Sunday, September 2, 2012

Pros: "looks great"

Cons: "7 window regulators in <60K miles"

"I have the 2006 with 60K miles. I have the Limited version that is all leathered out and loaded with all the options except 4 wheel drive. I have owned more than a few cars and trucks in my life. This is not anywhere near my favorate. This one is fine for around town, but by the time I drive 250 miles in this thing my backside actually hurts. It rides ROUGH! It has never left me by the side of the road, but that actually surprises me after all the trouble I have had. The V6 runs great and I have never had any transmission or other mechanical problems. But I have paid out $1300 to repair the power sunroof. And the windows! SEVEN, count them, 7 window regulators in 60K miles. This baby has spend a total of TWO MONTHS in the shop keeping the freakin windows moving! It look really good in the drive, but it will look even better when it's in someone else's drive."

i love my jeep!

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "great reliability"

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"I am the epitome of a proud jeep owner! i have been driving this car for six years (was my parents before) and it still runs beautifully. i am a recent college grad and learned to drive with this car. I plan to drive this until I graduate law school!"

272,000 and still going strong.

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy access, plenty of room."

"We bought this Liberty new with 8 miles on it. We have put 272,000 miles on it so far and it is still going strong. Of course last year we wound up putting a new alternator, water pump, and starter switch on it but nothing major. I think that is pretty good for a vehicle with that many miles on. At 240,00 miles we took it to Indiana with out a worry. A great vehicle that I would recommand to anybody. People think it is newer then 2003 because we keep it so clean and they are amazed at the millage. Have fun with yours."

lemon

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Engine had to be replaced after a year, Had the front brakes replaced because the calipers blew out and froze which caused the front brakes to go bad. 12 months/10k miles later the front brakes were squealing again. Grinding noises coming from underneath the vehicle. Every few months something else is wrong with it. no longer under warranty which makes it even worse."

Good vehicle

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I have really loved my Liberty. It could have a bit bigger of a back seat, with the wheel wells not so close to where you need to get in/out. The only "problem" that I have had is the occasional hydroplaning and spinning out when the road starts to get wet. My gas mileage has been pretty good for a SUV, I usually get right at about 20 mpg. It's fun to drive."

LOVE MY CRD

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"I have a 2006 CRD (4 cylinder diesel). I absolutely love it, and would buy one all over again. Tight turning radius, good ride, very good visibility for driver, pretty spacious for a small SUV, flexible usage with rear-fold-down seats (1/3-2/3). Tow package is great and the diesel does pretty well on mileage (I get from 22-27). My mileage does drop when towing of course depending on the load. Even has decent leg room in the back seats. I was a little disappointed with Jeep in that this vehicle has had 3 recalls, but the Jeep dealer took care of them all and I had no problem. Apparently Jeep only made the Liberty in the CRD for two years, and I understand they sold beyond expectations. I absolutely love mine and would highly recommend the CRD. Oil changes are expensive with 00-40W Mobil One synthetic, but I hope to get that back in longevity. LOVE MY CRD!"