2006 Jeep Liberty

7.8

Based on 1242 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Previous | 1 ... 48 49 50 | Next

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"The only downside is the gas mileage. It doesn't get all that great of mileage for such a compact SUV. I love this vehicle, my favorite so far to drive, it has lots of power. I want to own another after this one."

great car with no resale

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I bought an 04 sport model in 2005. In the two years I have owned this Liberty I have just loved it! It can tow my boat (18 ft Searay), it handles water, mud and dirt without a problem. It rides well in town and with a short turning radious I have no issues with parking or offroad driving. The only complaint I have is the rear defrost cable popped loose recently. (I'll have it sodered back on.) Other than that I have not had any problems with this car. For those who complain about the gas mileage, remember this is an SUV! If you want good gas mileage get a hybrid. Regarding the car's value - I dropped the score to a three due to its resale. I have enjoyed this car so much that I wanted to trade it in on a new 2007 model (the new 2008 are ugly looking Dodge Nitros). Unfortunately the value of the liberty dropped for some reason. So looks like I will be keeping mine til its paid off. Not sure why the value dropped since my experience has been nothing but positive. Anyway with the drop in value I think that finding a used one would be a steal."

jeep what can i say

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"jeep, what can i say. gas mileage could be better. some recalls, some complaints, BRAKES!!! OIL FILTER could be in an easier place to get at"

would do it again!

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"We've owned two Grand Cherokees, but when it came time to look for a new one - found that the Liberty gave all the things we wanted, with the true "tough-guy" look a Jeep should have, for about $10,000 less! One thing I would change - is the material the carpet is made from. whatever it is, it's not "fur-friendly". My dog goes everywhere with me, and he does shed, it is very hard to get the dog fur vacuumed out of the carpet."

06 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"We traded-in our 04 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mt Edition 3.7 for a used 06 Liberty Limited CRD. The CRD's diesel engine and 5-speed automatic tranny correct all the short-comings of the underpowered gasoline powered V-6 and make this a wonderful vehicle for long-distance trips and towing. On 2 recent long-distance trips (Oklahoma to Las Vegas, NV & Las Vegas to Idaho) our CRD averaged 25 mpg (with cruise control mostly set at 78 mph). It just loafs up the long grades and the auto tranny never shifted down from 5th!"

Great diesel needs more torque at high speeds

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"Being European I have been driving Diesel cars for many years. Over the last 10 years performance has improved drastically. In many cases the diesel versions are stronger and faster than their petrol twins. 0-62 mph within 10 seconds and top speeds above 120 mph are normal for regular cars. SUV’s like the Liberty accelerate slightly slower and have lower top speeds (± 100mph). The Liberty Diesel is a vehicle that has great torque at lower speeds and I really like the way it drives (interstate as well as driving on local gravel roads). A bit more noise that his petrol twin (3.7L), but still acceptable and nowhere near the noise of the heavy duty trucks (nor the smell either, actually). One entertaining side effect of the car are the surprised looks on gets from other folks when you are parked between the big rigs when topping up the tank. I have been asked more than once if I was aware that I poured diesel in the car. This Liberty Diesel is also great for towing a 2-horse bumper pull trailer. Being European, I really like the Benderup trailers that have a different rather fool proof braking system. Mileage is acceptable (25mpg) for US standards and it is nice to see after previously driving a Dodge RAM with a HEMI (11mgp) Even though the diesel liberty is more responsive that its petrol twin, at highway speeds it takes occasionally a little bit more time for the car to react to the accelerator. I have to admit that I am used to a lot of torque even in the highest gear at high speeds of 70mph and higher (VW & BMW, Volvo with stick shift driving), but this Liberty has to shift to lower gears, therefore it is required to press the accelerator a bit more aggressive and deeper than one is used to. Possibly also an effect of the automatic transmission. Turning radius is also really acceptable with 35.9 ft (11 meters) which is a foot less when compared to a car like the Chrysler PT Cruiser. When installing a hands free phone kit, I noticed that there is little room and a lot of plastic in the car, but it all is installed in a way that it does not squeak or rattle. The plastic interior does neither look classy nor tacky. With the leather seats in the plastic dashboard looks a little bit cheap, but still acceptable. All aspects combined I do like the car and the way it is driving."

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007

Liberty is Sporty

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"I got the Liberty in December, and just LOVE it. It has performed beyond my expectations and delivered exceptional fuel economy. I average about 23 combined (summer) and will get 25 + on the highway. I would recommend these to anyone looking at a small SUV, because in my eyes, it blasts the CRV, Escape, Rav4, etc. off the pavement. The Jeep can actually go OFFroad, whereas the FWD based cars (SUVs) cannot."

By on Friday, July 20, 2007

"only gets 17 mpg, in city and pushing it to get 19-20 on hwy, A/C blower resitor went out at 46k miles... and has had a recall on lower ball joints"

The best suv ever

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"Safe, great in gas mile, maneuverable"

LOVE MY CRD

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"I have a 2006 CRD (4 cylinder diesel). I absolutely love it, and would buy one all over again. Tight turning radius, good ride, very good visibility for driver, pretty spacious for a small SUV, flexible usage with rear-fold-down seats (1/3-2/3). Tow package is great and the diesel does pretty well on mileage (I get from 22-27). My mileage does drop when towing of course depending on the load. Even has decent leg room in the back seats. I was a little disappointed with Jeep in that this vehicle has had 3 recalls, but the Jeep dealer took care of them all and I had no problem. Apparently Jeep only made the Liberty in the CRD for two years, and I understand they sold beyond expectations. I absolutely love mine and would highly recommend the CRD. Oil changes are expensive with 00-40W Mobil One synthetic, but I hope to get that back in longevity. LOVE MY CRD!"

This SUV is a Joke

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2007

"I bought my Jeep 18 months ago. I have put 15k miles on it to bring it to a total of 67k. It is a fully loaded 02 limited. In the beginning I thought it was sleek, looked beautiful (I love the maroon color), and was perfect for me and my large breed dog. 4wd works great! pickup is good, gas mileage is on average 17.5 mpg. However, since I bought the jeep I've had tons of things go wrong --- first the ball joint recall - where the 5star jeep dealer actually BROKE part of the axel and kept the jeep for 3 days with no hope of giving me a rental, then the speed differentiator broke ($300), and then there was a lighting short that was another few hundred. (to those who havent noticed - jeeps have a tendency to have lighting short out in the back taillight and i believe it was drivers side turn signal -- but jeep doesnt think this should be a recall). Overall, I do love my jeep, it is just a pain. I would not recommend it to my friends."

total garbage

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"This vehicle had the engine sludge at 70499 miles Chrrysler would not warranty engine had to be replaced, this is uncalled for in a vehicle that was maintained the way this was."

GREAT VEHICLE & FUN

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"We've had this Jeep since new. Never had a problem with it. Even took it off-roading in Arizona with no problems. In Minnesota winters it starts flawlessly & goes through evenything we aim it at. Great little 4x4 & I've had a 4 wheel drive since 1970's. I'd recommend it to anyone."

Jeep Liberty

By on Sunday, July 15, 2007

"We have been so impressed with this vehicle. It gets excellent fuel mileage, it can maneuver easily in traffic and can turn on a dime. It has lots of power! We have had no problems with this vehicle."

great car

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"i've had mine for 3 years and have even hit a deer and my car only needed minor repairs!!"

Love my Jeep

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"Jeep Liberty has been the best ever! Looks nice, drives great, and comfy!"

Wonderful &fun

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"I travel alot around the country as a traveling nurse and require room not only for my pets, but also my belongings. The Liberty is sharp looking and fun to drive. It would be nice if they could make a hybred, since gas is getting out of control."

Great SUV

By on Saturday, July 14, 2007

"The Electronic Stability Program in the 06 and later Liberty's is a great feature. If you drive in snow, ice or wet road conditions, it is a must have. I have tried to spin out on purpose and it is not possible. The only complaints I have are; the interior is a little small and the MPG is pretty bad. If you can deal with gas mileage it is a great SUV."

By on Friday, July 13, 2007