2006 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1282 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

easy to drive

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, fuel economy"

Cons: "too small for a big man like me"

"Excellent highway MPG- 29+ depending on road speed (30+ at 69 mph) and conditions. Easy to mananuver in traffic or off-road as the occassion may call for. HOwever for the very tall- 6' plus and in my case also a big guy it can be a bit cramped. This is the top rated SUV in it's class and for good reason!! I bought it Oct 1 2005 as a 2006 model. The engine has plenty of torque and loves to be driven on the interstate."

GREAT SUV for both men AND women....FUN TO DRIVE!!

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "Very economically priced, compared to most suvs."

Cons: "Gas mileage not good.....so not for long trips!"

"I own a 2005 Sport 4x4 Liberty, {Light khaki}It seats 5 comfortably. If I ever purchase another suv, I will buy another Liberty. I have approximately 70,000 miles on it. I have kept the oil changed every 5000 miles. I am about to replace the brake pads for the first time. Other than that, absolutely no repairs. I love the size, comfort,exterior and the interior. I have leather seats and it looks almost new. The exterior is like new as well. It is perfect for all terrains and handles great in city and offroad. It is fairly light weight, so I take caution at higher speeds. I wish it was a little heavier. As long as you drive the speed limits, it handles very well. I would not recommend high speeds for a liberty. This is a wonderful suv for the city, in all weather conditions. Your vision perimeters are very good, much better than most suvs. It is very safe to drive. It is a medium sized suv, which is perfect for me, as I am a petite woman. I wouldn't trade it for anything. It is a good vehicle for teens as Jeep designs never grow old. They are timeless vehicles."

Bought new with o miles.

By on Sunday, December 02, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, seating position, reliability"

Cons: "power windows"

"I bought this vehicle new on a whim and have come to decide it's probably the best vehicle I've ever owned. Aside from the power window system (troublesome), it's been flawless. I got 87,000 miles out of the original brakes and the "troublesome" front end has to date not been an issue...it's all still original. The radiator recently sprung a leak and will need to be replaced soon, but in a salt using state, I don't think that's bad."

I love this jeep!

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Power windows malfunction."

"So fun to drive! I have had this car for 5 years. No mechanical issues at all. I'm passing it on to my daughter. The only problem is with the back power window motors. Both have gone out on this car. Not a major issue, but a bit of an inconvenience. I'm currently looking for a newer model, but not real crazy about the newer body style. Overall, one of my favorite cars I've ever owned."

Nice Jeep, except for the stupid windows!

By on Sunday, September 02, 2012

Pros: "looks great"

Cons: "7 window regulators in <60K miles"

"I have the 2006 with 60K miles. I have the Limited version that is all leathered out and loaded with all the options except 4 wheel drive. I have owned more than a few cars and trucks in my life. This is not anywhere near my favorate. This one is fine for around town, but by the time I drive 250 miles in this thing my backside actually hurts. It rides ROUGH! It has never left me by the side of the road, but that actually surprises me after all the trouble I have had. The V6 runs great and I have never had any transmission or other mechanical problems. But I have paid out $1300 to repair the power sunroof. And the windows! SEVEN, count them, 7 window regulators in 60K miles. This baby has spend a total of TWO MONTHS in the shop keeping the freakin windows moving! It look really good in the drive, but it will look even better when it's in someone else's drive."

i love my jeep!

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "great reliability"

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"I am the epitome of a proud jeep owner! i have been driving this car for six years (was my parents before) and it still runs beautifully. i am a recent college grad and learned to drive with this car. I plan to drive this until I graduate law school!"

272,000 and still going strong.

By on Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, easy access, plenty of room."

"We bought this Liberty new with 8 miles on it. We have put 272,000 miles on it so far and it is still going strong. Of course last year we wound up putting a new alternator, water pump, and starter switch on it but nothing major. I think that is pretty good for a vehicle with that many miles on. At 240,00 miles we took it to Indiana with out a worry. A great vehicle that I would recommand to anybody. People think it is newer then 2003 because we keep it so clean and they are amazed at the millage. Have fun with yours."

lemon

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Engine had to be replaced after a year, Had the front brakes replaced because the calipers blew out and froze which caused the front brakes to go bad. 12 months/10k miles later the front brakes were squealing again. Grinding noises coming from underneath the vehicle. Every few months something else is wrong with it. no longer under warranty which makes it even worse."

Good vehicle

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I have really loved my Liberty. It could have a bit bigger of a back seat, with the wheel wells not so close to where you need to get in/out. The only "problem" that I have had is the occasional hydroplaning and spinning out when the road starts to get wet. My gas mileage has been pretty good for a SUV, I usually get right at about 20 mpg. It's fun to drive."

06 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"We traded-in our 04 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mt Edition 3.7 for a used 06 Liberty Limited CRD. The CRD's diesel engine and 5-speed automatic tranny correct all the short-comings of the underpowered gasoline powered V-6 and make this a wonderful vehicle for long-distance trips and towing. On 2 recent long-distance trips (Oklahoma to Las Vegas, NV & Las Vegas to Idaho) our CRD averaged 25 mpg (with cruise control mostly set at 78 mph). It just loafs up the long grades and the auto tranny never shifted down from 5th!"