2006 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1286 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

lemon

By on Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Engine had to be replaced after a year, Had the front brakes replaced because the calipers blew out and froze which caused the front brakes to go bad. 12 months/10k miles later the front brakes were squealing again. Grinding noises coming from underneath the vehicle. Every few months something else is wrong with it. no longer under warranty which makes it even worse."

Good vehicle

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I have really loved my Liberty. It could have a bit bigger of a back seat, with the wheel wells not so close to where you need to get in/out. The only "problem" that I have had is the occasional hydroplaning and spinning out when the road starts to get wet. My gas mileage has been pretty good for a SUV, I usually get right at about 20 mpg. It's fun to drive."

06 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"We traded-in our 04 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mt Edition 3.7 for a used 06 Liberty Limited CRD. The CRD's diesel engine and 5-speed automatic tranny correct all the short-comings of the underpowered gasoline powered V-6 and make this a wonderful vehicle for long-distance trips and towing. On 2 recent long-distance trips (Oklahoma to Las Vegas, NV & Las Vegas to Idaho) our CRD averaged 25 mpg (with cruise control mostly set at 78 mph). It just loafs up the long grades and the auto tranny never shifted down from 5th!"

LOVE MY CRD

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"I have a 2006 CRD (4 cylinder diesel). I absolutely love it, and would buy one all over again. Tight turning radius, good ride, very good visibility for driver, pretty spacious for a small SUV, flexible usage with rear-fold-down seats (1/3-2/3). Tow package is great and the diesel does pretty well on mileage (I get from 22-27). My mileage does drop when towing of course depending on the load. Even has decent leg room in the back seats. I was a little disappointed with Jeep in that this vehicle has had 3 recalls, but the Jeep dealer took care of them all and I had no problem. Apparently Jeep only made the Liberty in the CRD for two years, and I understand they sold beyond expectations. I absolutely love mine and would highly recommend the CRD. Oil changes are expensive with 00-40W Mobil One synthetic, but I hope to get that back in longevity. LOVE MY CRD!"

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Bought a top of the line Liberty '02 second hand with around 20k on it. So far I've put another 35K on it and the car runs perfectly. Solid and agile car. Turning radius is much smaller than PT cruiser, for example, which is small car in comparison. And Jeep is a 4 wheel drive. Only complaints that I have are the hig gas consumption and regurlar brake pad replacements."

Overall Great, Poor Seat Fabric, Window Issue

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2007

"The car handles great and is very comfortable. Folding rear seat allows large items. The fabric on the seat very EASILY STAIN with as little as a water drip. Had problem with the driver's window "falling off the track". Had to have it serviced twice and a separate track put in due to design flaw. Overall great, fun vehicle, despite irritation from window and seats."

Excellent value; DOES ride like a jeep

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

Pros: "see above"

"4WD gets you around even on icy snow conditions (of course, not on ice alone). Rides kinda rough but better tires helped this. DID have repeated problems with emission system; orig catalytic converter was from CA, which initially contributed to confusion of getting the appropriate replacement. I don't know if it's faulty design but , for the last 2-3 years, I've had to replace cat or 02 sensors, ea year, to pass emissions (seems that this might be attributable to not getting to the cause of the problem, however, in my opinion). The seats stain TERRIBLY, even with water, which is asinine for a JEEP but I still feel like the benefit of being able to get around places that others cant (secondary to 4WD and V6, the room to haul my consignment finds, and longevity make this a great value. Plus , it's cute"

start ever time goes well in high snow very duraba

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "goes any where"

Cons: "none i have found"

"very dependable start and stop rate 10 easy on gas would buy another one if i don't get what i want i will keep still has a lot of life in it"

I best Vehicle I ever own . Love it.

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Get in bad weather and fun to drive for me."

Cons: "MPG and little things like Cigerette lighter went"

"I have owned this vehicle for over 10 years and have had little problems with it. I do wish it had better gas mpg but it gave me everything I wanted. It was fun to drive and could go in bad weather or just in ruff roads. I even named it because it did feel like a good old friend to me. Now my son is getting his DL and I am passing along to him. Wish him as much enjoyment from it as I have had. It's a nice feeling to hand over your car to your son and know that he is getting a good car not some piece or junk."

10 years now & still Extremely Reliable!

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "No Major Maintenance issue's, easy to drive"

Cons: "Minor Window regulator issue"

"I purchased this vehicle 10 years ago new & have not had a single major issue. I can't say that about any other vehicle I've owned. It's been so reliable, easy to drive convenient for space etc. Minor issue is the window regulators have broke a few times but I consider this a minor issue."

Love this Jeep

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

"I bought this Jeep to have to flexability of the winters here in upstate NY and this is just even a great summer Vehicle. It has a lot of room inside and hold a lot to stuff. Took a bit of getting use to where the window controls are but I managed. It has a good amount of power when you need it so you can go just about anywheres with it. Very easy to put in 4 wheel drive and take out. I'm very impressed with this vehicle."

love this it is easy and fun to drive reliable

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "everything, easy to manage in tight places"

Cons: "just cant fit all my friends who want to ride in i"

"loved it from day one very fun and easy to drive decent on gas gets me anywhere i need to go regardless of weather conditions, all my friends since riding with me now either want one or have bought one. recommend it? absolutely"

I LOVE my Jeep!

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"This has been the most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned, and I've owned a lot of vehicles over the years. I bought it new, it had 4 miles on it, and I drove it approximately 80 miles a day, back and forth to work, highway miles, for 5 years. Never once did it not start right up and go. And in the snowstorms, I put it in 4 wheel drive and got where I was going every time! The only thing we've had to do is regular maintenance and new tires and brakes. Wonderful vehicle!!!"

GREAT WINTER VEHICLE

By on Monday, September 01, 2008

"Wife used the Liberty since new. Commuted 30 miles roundtrip through all kinds of weather. Never worried about her with this vehicle or any other Jeep we've owned."

Best Car I Have Ever Owned

By on Saturday, October 27, 2007

"Absolutely the best car I have ever owned. Just change the oil every 3,000 miles and no problems. I bought this car new and now have it and a 2007 model. Anyone who wants a dependable reasonably priced 4X4, this is your car! Gas mileage is very consistent: 20 City 22 Hwy. Best gas mileage: 22 city 24 Hwy. Worst gas mileage: 18 city 20 Hwy. Fun factor is a 10! Like I said - best car I have ever owned"

Excellent vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"I just paid off my Jeep Liberty LTD. I have had no major problems and I will keep it until it literally falls apart! The only small gripe I have is that the tires put on at the factory are total junk and I put on better ones that grip better in the winter. This is my third Jeep and I will always have one! Great vehicles!"

would do it again!

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"We've owned two Grand Cherokees, but when it came time to look for a new one - found that the Liberty gave all the things we wanted, with the true "tough-guy" look a Jeep should have, for about $10,000 less! One thing I would change - is the material the carpet is made from. whatever it is, it's not "fur-friendly". My dog goes everywhere with me, and he does shed, it is very hard to get the dog fur vacuumed out of the carpet."

excellent car in snow or town driving

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "convenient 4WD car for winter driving"

Cons: "passenger compartment crowded"

"I have been very pleased with this car and just want one with more passenger room and automatic drive. It's energetic, easy to park and maneuver, gets fairly good mileage, and has been very convenient in winter driving."

Very reliable

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Safe, reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "Running boards rust out"

"My liberty almost has 140K miles on it & it is still running strong. I am starting to have small problems here & there that are cheap fixes, but that is expected when cars get older. This was my first vehicle when I was 15, & I am now turning 22 & I still love my jeep like the first day I bought it. I feel safe & secure at all times. They aren't making libertys anymore but if anyone can get their hands on a certified pre-owned liberty, I would suggest doing so!"

Owned for 10+years. Great vehicle.

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Pros: "great compact suv."

Cons: "bad gas mileage, window parts break."

"Very reliable vehicle. Gets around on the trails very well. Handles good but at highway speed steering is touchy. Clear coat started fading and chipping off at 8 yrs old. Power windows had same issue as 95% of all Libertys. Cheap plastic part breaks and window drops fully open. Repaired it and the other side broke about 6 months later. Ended up doing the "wire tie" repair method. Passengers side inside door handle broke off at 9 years old. Only thing I have done to it is change the oil and tires and feed it gasoline."

I love this vehicle!!! Best purchase I ever made!!

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Reasonably priced! Perfect size"

"This is my first 4 wheel drive vehicle! The best investment I have ever made!! Living in New England you need something like this!!"

I'll definately get another Liberty!

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, plenty of room"

Cons: "Drinks gas, limited leg room in backseat"

"I have a 2004 Liberty that has been a dream for me since I purchased it 6 years ago. I have fixed minor"

Dependable and Economical

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Reliabilty, simplicity, and maneuverability."

Cons: "Fuel economy, transmission"

"I have owned my 2003 Liberty for 7 years now. The car has never had any mechanical issues and feels like it will run for another 100k miles. It is incredibly easy to drive and the mechanics and electrics are simple, so theres not a whole lot that can go wrong. Finally, the 4WD system allows this car to be driven in ANY terrain. Dependable, versatile, and as reliable as an old sofa, whats not to love?"

overall, a decent vehicle

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

"i've owned it for 5 years and haven't had to do many major repairs. other than the so/so gas mileage, it's been a pretty good ride. bought it with 88,000 miles and now have 177,000! little bit of rust but the motor's still goin strong! if the new body style wasn't so plain, i might consider getting a new one."

Very practical car

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "Enjoy driving it, very practical yet not too large"

Cons: "gas mileage is iffy"

"This was the third car i ever owned and i actually inherited it from my sister. I have to say it's been very good to me and it is a pretty good looking car."