2006 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1282 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Libby never lets me down

By on Friday, August 03, 2007

"I bought my 2004 Liberty "Libby" in 2005 used and it hasn't skipped a beat and never lets me down. I live in a rural area that gets a lot of snow and ice and the 4WD piles through the muck without flinching. I'm a mobile DJ and my equipment fits nicely into the back with easy in/out loading. Sure there has been a recall on the ball joints - but I got the girl's oil changed at the same time I got the ball joints replaced so it was really no big deal. Only downfall I have experienced so far is the back end seems skiddish around corners on wet conditions. Fish tails easy if you're not driving careful. If taking off on a slightly wet incline you'll spin out - so you have to pop it into 4WD if you're entering a busy street so that you don't halt traffic. Factory tires that come with it are a bit rough - changing out the tires gave me a smoother ride. Resale/Trade-In value sinks like dead weight so I only gave it 3 stars for that. Overall - very pleased - I can climb through the roughest of terrains or shine her up and drive her out on the town."

Quarter million miles...runs like a champ!

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "Reliable, comfortable, versatile, 4WD V6"

Cons: "Low MPG"

"We bought a 2003 Jeep Liberty in 2006. We live in Maryland have driven all over the east coast - from Maine to Miami (many times). We live in a rural area where 4WD is a must, but due everything being 10 miles away (or more), the mileage bites. The Liberty has been more than reliable - we have done nothing more than routine maintenance. The *only* negative points are the low mileage (we did spend more on gas-saving tires, and now get 22 MPG highway, up from 20), the relatively loud interior, and the small space. We also own a 2007 Wrangler (not a fan of the Wrangler from a comfort perspective, but that is for another review!) Unless we meet with an accident, I fully expect to be driving this up to 500,000 miles or more - this one is a keeper!"

comfy 4-wheel drive

By on Monday, November 05, 2012

Pros: "4-wheel drive, reliable, rugged, comfortable"

Cons: "power windows"

"I wasn't initially sold on driving a Liberty... I previously owned a Wrangler and enjoyed the fact that it didn't have a lot of extras (or any for that matter). However, the Liberty has definitely out done the Wrangler. It is rugged enough to handle the roads where I live (I require 4-wheel drive daily), yet has the comforts of a car. It has also lasted 217,000 miles and counting. This vehicle is comfortable for city, highway, and off road/gravel road driving (all of which I do regularly). The Liberty is also comfortable and spacious for passengers. I love everything about this vehicle, with one exception, the power windows, which are guaranteed to go out."

Sturdy and Reliable

By on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pros: "easy/affordable to repair, good gas milegage"

Cons: "A little on the small side"

"I purchased my Jeep Liberty brand spankin new and I have driven it with virtually no problems for 10 years and 180,000 miles! I have never had to do any major work to this vehicle. Last year, the radiator busted as did the radiator fan assembly, but this is not uncommon on a 9 year old car. Overall, my jeep has been reliable, sturdy and a great car."

Best vehicle I have ever owned! Drives like a car

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Good price, smooth ride, looks great!"

Cons: "I can not think of any!"

"I love this SUV! Never thought I would keep a vehicle more than five years but this one changed my mind. Drives so smooth and acceleration is fabulous, excellent long distance vehicle. Audio system is fantastic, better the my boyfriend's BMW!! One of the best looking vehicles out there, I still get lots of comments after nine years. It's been low maintenance and not bad on gas consumption. I intend on buying another one."