2006 Jeep Liberty

7.8

Based on 1240 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Worst vehicle ever

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "nice leg room, roomy but compact"

Cons: "gas milage, wiring, and any other defects"

"When we first bought our Jeep, it ran very well and smoothly. We even loved it. Then every year, the car started getting worse and worse. At first it was simple things like the head and back lights constantly going out. Which is fine. Then the wiring went wrong, the back windows stopped functioning, and finally an ignition switch defect. Of course this all happened within a 3 year time frame, not a matter of months. Once all the defects were repaired, the A/C belt went bad and the car over heated. Which resulted in us taking the car to a mechanic. After spending a week and a half working on it, and the car breaking down two more times with him, the mechanic told us it would be more beneficial for us to sell the car as is then to pay to fix it. At first we thought maybe it was just how we were taking care of the car, but we have a 1999 Honda Civic that's in perfect condition."

Fine, strong SUV. Trail certified, good break pads

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Excellent Engine, Mercedes CRD, 2.8 L. Diesel"

"Great, dependable"

Hasn't stopped in 10 years!

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, hard working,"

Cons: "Gas mileage, interior lighting"

"I love my Liberty. No major mechanical problems as I keep up with preventive maintenance, My biggest problem has been with the sensors. I've replaced 6, some multiple times. It's not the most comfortable vehicle, in terms of seating, for long trips and the interior lighting set up is very poor as there is no dome light over the second seat. The power window controls are in the center console which everyone who rides with me seems to find odd but I'm used to them now. There's only 1 exterior door lock, in the driver's door, which can be a pain if you don't have the key fob to unlock the other doors. I have the tow package & have towed a smallish trailer & a pontoon boat with no problem [not at the same time]. I've never had a problem in the snow or mud. The interior's getting worn now & she's starting to show some rust at the bottom of the doors but is still going strong at over 240,000 miles (that's not a typo)."

Very reliable

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Safe, reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "Running boards rust out"

"My liberty almost has 140K miles on it & it is still running strong. I am starting to have small problems here & there that are cheap fixes, but that is expected when cars get older. This was my first vehicle when I was 15, & I am now turning 22 & I still love my jeep like the first day I bought it. I feel safe & secure at all times. They aren't making libertys anymore but if anyone can get their hands on a certified pre-owned liberty, I would suggest doing so!"

Great power and toughness

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "Powerful engine in a small package..."

Cons: "No interior compartments"

"I agree with a previous review that used the word "Spartan". The Liberty is not a "comfort car"...BUT I find that the seats are well designed, the car rides HIGH which I liked a lot for the safety factor. This little buggy has the power of a full sized Jeep. I am able to tow a small camper with it and not feel any drag. Great engine. Could be better on gas mileage, but then you would sacrifice some power. The interior does not allow for any hidden compartments for your jumper cables or personal items except for one small glove compartment...This is one of the few negatives."

See if you qualify for