2006 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1254 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Great Small utility multi-use vehicle

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "turns on a dime"

Cons: "rear seat back doesn't lay flat"

"Take good care of your Liberty with regular preventive maintenance and it will run indefinitely with no glitches. It turns on a dime and can be parked anywhere. It's a great car for hauling smaller loads, camping, off road transportation, beach driving, bicycle rack, carrying a kayak or canoe. Head space is probably better for people 5'8" or less to drive. Only negative is rear seat back doesn't lay completely flat when folded down."

Great vehicle, no rust after 12 years.

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Good handling, very dependable."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage. Could use a little more storage"

"No rust after 12 years of every day use. Never had any mechanical issues. No breakdowns. Headlight lens never clouded up. It does bounce a little due to its short wheelbase over rough roads, but its easy to park. Great light truck overall, one of Jeep's best buys. Jeep built a new plant in Toledo, Ohio to build the Liberty and they did it right. Thanks Jeep"

Best overall vehicle

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Fun, great sound system, spacious back"

Cons: "MPG"

"This Jeep has been reliable from the start. It handles great in all weather & the 4 wheel drive part-time is good too. I commuted 30 miles one way with going over a mountain pass. In the winter it always has snow on it. I never had any problems getting to work & back. My only complaint was the gas mileage. Average of 18mpg. I recently purchased another vehicle & am having a hard time getting rid of the Jeep!"

I love my car, wouldn't trade for anything else.

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Pros: "Great at towing and in slick conditions"

Cons: "Not very spacious."

"It is a great car. Got me got through a tough winter without problems. I have had it since 2008. Replaced the brakes and rotors twice. In 2014 I have replaced water pump, radiator, timing belt, and head gaskets. I have put hard work on this thing and was never disappointed."

excellent car in snow or town driving

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "convenient 4WD car for winter driving"

Cons: "passenger compartment crowded"

"I have been very pleased with this car and just want one with more passenger room and automatic drive. It's energetic, easy to park and maneuver, gets fairly good mileage, and has been very convenient in winter driving."

This vehicle has pleased me for 10 years.

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

"I have had no major problems with this vehicle until recently and I have had it over ten years. When it died it died (engine failure)."

Best SUV I ever owned. 30 mpg. on long trips.

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Diesels are low maintanence and run forever."

Cons: "Fuel costs a bit more but 30 mpg makes up for that"

"No mechanical problems with this jeep and the diesel can tow more and is faster than the gas engine.Starts great on the coldest winter day. What a sweet ride!"

Best bang for the buck

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great acceleration fun and sporty"

Cons: "None yet"

"I recently purchased the liberty and although I've only had it a day I love it. Driving home from los angeles I have a 6% grade to climb which it handled no problem at 70mph. I had only driven two other liberties before I bought this one. I was impressed with the acceleration and tight feel of the steering. I drove it down a rough road on purpose and absolutely no rattles. The timing chain engine was a major upside of the liberty because typically you can hear timing chain components before they break. The interior was in perfect condition and you could tell that the owner had been very diligent about the maintenance on the vehicle. After seeing, driving, and feeling the difference it was apparent that proper maintenance was the key to success with the liberty. After searching for weeks and comparing the xterra, Honda, Toyota, Saturn, and several other suv's, I found that they were all terribly overpriced because of the name. I believe that for the money, the liberty was a great investment and hopefully will be a great vehicle for many years to come."

Daily Driver over 11 Years - It's Been Excellent!

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, capable off-road, comfort"

Cons: "16-18 mpg due to low geared drive train."

"Bought this 03 Renegade new December 2012. In 11 1/2 yrs and 90,000 miles, the turn signal switch broke, one electric window regulator broke, and the AC compressor died. That's it, other than regular service and a new set of Michelens last year. Haven't even had to do the brakes yet! We've enjoyed the car so much that we bought a diesel Liberty new in '06. That one had all the elec window regulators replaced under warranty. No other issues. The Liberty's are comfortable on long trips for the three of us, and extremely capable off-road. Drove my stock Renegade into hunting camp and the guys could not believe it went in there like nothing. They had lifted big ol' trucks and got dents and bumper damage. Not my Liberty. It turns tight- drove right around all the big stuff. Both the '03 and the '06 have been as good as we could have hope for. Only thing is I'm thinking about selling mine because I need a pickup for more hauling space. I would not sell if I did not need a larger vehicle."

Still looks and drives like new

By on Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, wish they still made this vehicle."

Cons: "Better sound system."

"This vehicle has been great for the last 11 years, and still looks and drives great. Have had no problems with the liberty in 11 years.. In the past 11 years I have put tires , a battery and change the oil every 3000 miles.. Wow.."

MY FAVORITE VEHICLE!

By on Monday, August 04, 2014

"My garage is full... new suburban, new titan, mustang an yet I (we) always choose to drive the old jeep. Fun and easy to drive. Very capable 4X4 great bang for the buck. approx. 24mpg HAPPY HAPPPY!"

Best car I have ever own

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

"Great vehicle in all kinds of weather and traffic conditions. Dependable and low maintenance."

great vehicle, good for trips and cargo

By on Friday, August 01, 2014

Pros: "good vision driving, fun and sporty to drive"

Cons: "dash should be flat, no pockets on back of seats"

"This is a good safe car to drive for adults and teens, good runner, good power and pick up. Could be a little better on gas mileage. Great 4WD in MN winter snow & ice!"

Reliable

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Mechanically sound, attractive vehicle, fun"

Cons: "Paint has chipped on front bumper"

"Purchased new. ONLY problem was both rear passenger window apparatus had to be replaced. I have been very happy with this vehicle. Vehicle is tight, no rattles, etc. very happy with performance."

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Fits a smaller frame woman's body perfectly."

Cons: "Windows"

"Would have listed it as a 10 out of 10 were it not for the design flaw with the windows and their all needing to be fixed. The mechanism holding them up broke on all of them over the years and the rear windows needed to be completely replaced. This is the only thing that was not a plus about this vehicle and it was a design flaw, not a specific vehicle flaw. otherwise, I am a Jeep devotee."

I LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE my Jeep

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "looks great, runs great,great gas mileage"

"this is my second Jeep and the first one was just as good as this one but it was tired and had to put down, so I got another one and LOVE it even more."

The SUV that does more than warranted

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "on road or off its sure to surprise"

Cons: "the infamous liberty window regulators"

"I'm going to start out by saying i have really put this car through it's paces. I drive everyday on the interstate for about 45mins each way and then on the weekends I take it offroading, a lot. Most people here don't care if it can climb a pile of rocks or splash through some mud but, that's exactly my point. This is an SUV that keeps on giving. On road it handles fine, and responds well. In most every category its satisfactory. for what it is (A Jeep) it does everything I've ever wanted. Just a side note, the tan cloth seats stain with water worse than it does grease."

Unstoppable.

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, powerful, comfortable, easy to work on,"

Cons: "window lift plates wear too quickly"

"Since I have had my Liberty I've been commuting in and out of Manhattan 5 days a week and off roading on the weekends once or twice a month. After 4 years and 55k miles (112k total) of that sort of abuse, It's still running strong and still getting the job done. -Despite very worn tires and no lift, the only time I have ever been stuck was when I was driving through my friends backyard in 3 feet of virgin snow -Street parking in Manhattan means that your car is going to be hit... ALOT. Despite this, the only damage my Liberty shows from the daily barrage of car doors, cars backing into the front, cars hitting the back, and drunks puking on my hood the only obvious damage it shows is that my front license plate has been beaten to the contours of the bumper. -As far as non-maintence repairs go, I have broken (4) window lift plates (not my fault), the transfer case position sensor (sort of my fault), and the passenger side mirror assembly (100% my fault for hitting something) One last note -I have towed trailers with my Jeep, but it tows like crp. If you plan to tow frequently with your next vehicle get a pickup or a suv with a wider and longer wheel base. Although capable it is not comfortable when you're towing."

Very enjoyable vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

"Perfect car. Used for going to work and trips 70-150 miles occasionally. Handling good. Seats very comfortable and heated. Very nice when it is winter time. It is a VERY dependable vehicle."

LOVE the 4wheel drive in the winter

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "the 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "the gas mileage"

"I never get stuck in the winter... drive right by many cars that are stuck in a snow storm! The only bad thing is the gas mileage seems like I am always at the gas station :( but if you live in New England with all the snow its worth it!"

Fine, strong SUV. Trail certified, good break pads

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Excellent Engine, Mercedes CRD, 2.8 L. Diesel"

"Great, dependable"

Hasn't stopped in 10 years!

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, hard working,"

Cons: "Gas mileage, interior lighting"

"I love my Liberty. No major mechanical problems as I keep up with preventive maintenance, My biggest problem has been with the sensors. I've replaced 6, some multiple times. It's not the most comfortable vehicle, in terms of seating, for long trips and the interior lighting set up is very poor as there is no dome light over the second seat. The power window controls are in the center console which everyone who rides with me seems to find odd but I'm used to them now. There's only 1 exterior door lock, in the driver's door, which can be a pain if you don't have the key fob to unlock the other doors. I have the tow package & have towed a smallish trailer & a pontoon boat with no problem [not at the same time]. I've never had a problem in the snow or mud. The interior's getting worn now & she's starting to show some rust at the bottom of the doors but is still going strong at over 240,000 miles (that's not a typo)."

Very reliable

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Safe, reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "Running boards rust out"

"My liberty almost has 140K miles on it & it is still running strong. I am starting to have small problems here & there that are cheap fixes, but that is expected when cars get older. This was my first vehicle when I was 15, & I am now turning 22 & I still love my jeep like the first day I bought it. I feel safe & secure at all times. They aren't making libertys anymore but if anyone can get their hands on a certified pre-owned liberty, I would suggest doing so!"

Great power and toughness

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "Powerful engine in a small package..."

Cons: "No interior compartments"

"I agree with a previous review that used the word "Spartan". The Liberty is not a "comfort car"...BUT I find that the seats are well designed, the car rides HIGH which I liked a lot for the safety factor. This little buggy has the power of a full sized Jeep. I am able to tow a small camper with it and not feel any drag. Great engine. Could be better on gas mileage, but then you would sacrifice some power. The interior does not allow for any hidden compartments for your jumper cables or personal items except for one small glove compartment...This is one of the few negatives."

This was my first car and I love it!

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, great quality"

Cons: "Windows come off track"

"I got this car used 1t 40,000 miles and it is almost up to 120,000 miles now and it has been a wonderful vehicle! I have just recently had to have some costly repairs done to the AC, but it has been a champ!"