2005 Jeep Liberty

7.8

Based on 1318 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Bought a top of the line Liberty '02 second hand with around 20k on it. So far I've put another 35K on it and the car runs perfectly. Solid and agile car. Turning radius is much smaller than PT cruiser, for example, which is small car in comparison. And Jeep is a 4 wheel drive. Only complaints that I have are the hig gas consumption and regurlar brake pad replacements."

Overall Great, Poor Seat Fabric, Window Issue

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2007

"The car handles great and is very comfortable. Folding rear seat allows large items. The fabric on the seat very EASILY STAIN with as little as a water drip. Had problem with the driver's window "falling off the track". Had to have it serviced twice and a separate track put in due to design flaw. Overall great, fun vehicle, despite irritation from window and seats."

ithass been very trust worthy

By on Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Pros: "never had a better vehicle"

Cons: "wish the end gate opened up my only gripe"

"best vehicle ever owned, only parting with it cause I need a truck for hauling but my jeep has hauled more then its share never had one before but I loved this jeep it did what ever I ask of it and with 140,000 miles it is still going strong with very few repairs to it I would be a good spokes person for this suv because it is a great value and well worth the money and would never be afraid to buy another one ever"

start ever time goes well in high snow very duraba

By on Sunday, March 2, 2014

Pros: "goes any where"

Cons: "none i have found"

"very dependable start and stop rate 10 easy on gas would buy another one if i don't get what i want i will keep still has a lot of life in it"

I best Vehicle I ever own . Love it.

By on Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Pros: "Get in bad weather and fun to drive for me."

Cons: "MPG and little things like Cigerette lighter went"

"I have owned this vehicle for over 10 years and have had little problems with it. I do wish it had better gas mpg but it gave me everything I wanted. It was fun to drive and could go in bad weather or just in ruff roads. I even named it because it did feel like a good old friend to me. Now my son is getting his DL and I am passing along to him. Wish him as much enjoyment from it as I have had. It's a nice feeling to hand over your car to your son and know that he is getting a good car not some piece or junk."

Owned for 10+years. Great vehicle.

By on Saturday, October 5, 2013

Pros: "great compact suv."

Cons: "bad gas mileage, window parts break."

"Very reliable vehicle. Gets around on the trails very well. Handles good but at highway speed steering is touchy. Clear coat started fading and chipping off at 8 yrs old. Power windows had same issue as 95% of all Libertys. Cheap plastic part breaks and window drops fully open. Repaired it and the other side broke about 6 months later. Ended up doing the "wire tie" repair method. Passengers side inside door handle broke off at 9 years old. Only thing I have done to it is change the oil and tires and feed it gasoline."

Love this Jeep

By on Wednesday, August 8, 2012

"I bought this Jeep to have to flexability of the winters here in upstate NY and this is just even a great summer Vehicle. It has a lot of room inside and hold a lot to stuff. Took a bit of getting use to where the window controls are but I managed. It has a good amount of power when you need it so you can go just about anywheres with it. Very easy to put in 4 wheel drive and take out. I'm very impressed with this vehicle."

love this it is easy and fun to drive reliable

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "everything, easy to manage in tight places"

Cons: "just cant fit all my friends who want to ride in i"

"loved it from day one very fun and easy to drive decent on gas gets me anywhere i need to go regardless of weather conditions, all my friends since riding with me now either want one or have bought one. recommend it? absolutely"

I LOVE my Jeep!

By on Saturday, December 3, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"This has been the most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned, and I've owned a lot of vehicles over the years. I bought it new, it had 4 miles on it, and I drove it approximately 80 miles a day, back and forth to work, highway miles, for 5 years. Never once did it not start right up and go. And in the snowstorms, I put it in 4 wheel drive and got where I was going every time! The only thing we've had to do is regular maintenance and new tires and brakes. Wonderful vehicle!!!"

Best car ever owned.

By on Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pros: "Dependable, attractive, quick response, powerful, fun."

Cons: "Must contact dealer/Jeep USA re: getting the rear window motor replaced."

"This is my 4th Jeep and my 2nd Liberty Ltd. My current Jeep is an 06 2WD. I found that I never needed the 4WD drive version - as the 2WD low range is more than enough for hills, etc. I contacted the Jeep USA/and the local dealer..who was able to get my driver's side rear window motor replaced- at no cost to me. I had to replace the same on my 2002. I am now retired and want to sell this Jeep and buy another 2002-2003, as mileage is not a factor. I would recommend this car for anyone-looking for a dependable, attractive, fun vehicle."