2005 Jeep Liberty

7.8

Based on 1313 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

I love this jeep!

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Power windows malfunction."

"So fun to drive! I have had this car for 5 years. No mechanical issues at all. I'm passing it on to my daughter. The only problem is with the back power window motors. Both have gone out on this car. Not a major issue, but a bit of an inconvenience. I'm currently looking for a newer model, but not real crazy about the newer body style. Overall, one of my favorite cars I've ever owned."

Excellent value; DOES ride like a jeep

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

Pros: "see above"

"4WD gets you around even on icy snow conditions (of course, not on ice alone). Rides kinda rough but better tires helped this. DID have repeated problems with emission system; orig catalytic converter was from CA, which initially contributed to confusion of getting the appropriate replacement. I don't know if it's faulty design but , for the last 2-3 years, I've had to replace cat or 02 sensors, ea year, to pass emissions (seems that this might be attributable to not getting to the cause of the problem, however, in my opinion). The seats stain TERRIBLY, even with water, which is asinine for a JEEP but I still feel like the benefit of being able to get around places that others cant (secondary to 4WD and V6, the room to haul my consignment finds, and longevity make this a great value. Plus , it's cute"

10 years now & still Extremely Reliable!

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "No Major Maintenance issue's, easy to drive"

Cons: "Minor Window regulator issue"

"I purchased this vehicle 10 years ago new & have not had a single major issue. I can't say that about any other vehicle I've owned. It's been so reliable, easy to drive convenient for space etc. Minor issue is the window regulators have broke a few times but I consider this a minor issue."

GREAT SUV for both men AND women....FUN TO DRIVE!!

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "Very economically priced, compared to most suvs."

Cons: "Gas mileage not good.....so not for long trips!"

"I own a 2005 Sport 4x4 Liberty, {Light khaki}It seats 5 comfortably. If I ever purchase another suv, I will buy another Liberty. I have approximately 70,000 miles on it. I have kept the oil changed every 5000 miles. I am about to replace the brake pads for the first time. Other than that, absolutely no repairs. I love the size, comfort,exterior and the interior. I have leather seats and it looks almost new. The exterior is like new as well. It is perfect for all terrains and handles great in city and offroad. It is fairly light weight, so I take caution at higher speeds. I wish it was a little heavier. As long as you drive the speed limits, it handles very well. I would not recommend high speeds for a liberty. This is a wonderful suv for the city, in all weather conditions. Your vision perimeters are very good, much better than most suvs. It is very safe to drive. It is a medium sized suv, which is perfect for me, as I am a petite woman. I wouldn't trade it for anything. It is a good vehicle for teens as Jeep designs never grow old. They are timeless vehicles."

Nice Jeep, except for the stupid windows!

By on Sunday, September 02, 2012

Pros: "looks great"

Cons: "7 window regulators in <60K miles"

"I have the 2006 with 60K miles. I have the Limited version that is all leathered out and loaded with all the options except 4 wheel drive. I have owned more than a few cars and trucks in my life. This is not anywhere near my favorate. This one is fine for around town, but by the time I drive 250 miles in this thing my backside actually hurts. It rides ROUGH! It has never left me by the side of the road, but that actually surprises me after all the trouble I have had. The V6 runs great and I have never had any transmission or other mechanical problems. But I have paid out $1300 to repair the power sunroof. And the windows! SEVEN, count them, 7 window regulators in 60K miles. This baby has spend a total of TWO MONTHS in the shop keeping the freakin windows moving! It look really good in the drive, but it will look even better when it's in someone else's drive."