2005 Jeep Liberty

7.8

Based on 1317 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

We have bonded.

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "A champion on slick ice and snow."

Cons: "Burns a lot of gas."

"I originally thought this was a not quite up to speed. Over the years I have learned to really enjoy and respect this car. It loves ice and snow. It has been reliable and not needed an a lot of repairs. We have 160,000 miles on it and plan to go over 200,000. I am even thinking about buying another one or similar someday. Some people don't think the Liberty is a real Jeep, you don't know what you are missing. My primary negative issue is the mileage. It may dream of 20/mpg but it is doubtful it will ever get there."

Extremely reliable motor & transmission; 7-years +

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Dependable transportation & occassional hauling"

Cons: "would have liked better mileage, but was OK"

"Extremely reliable motor & transmission. In over 110,000 miles, my Jeep Liberty has required nothing more than regular maintenance, which I always expected to provide. For Iowa winters with much ice and snow, the shift into 4-wheel drive has made it dependable in all kinds of weather. The trade off is that gas mileage suffers in 4-wheel drive mode. Most driving on paved roads is with 2-wheel traction and gets 18-19 miles per gallon. The front bucket seats have been very supportive for long trips. The tight turning radius has also allowed me to do a quick u-turn (traffic permitting!) on standard width roadways if I missed a turn in unfamiliar areas. Some people might complain that the ride can be a little jumpy, but it never bothered me. I was driving a Jeep and I liked how it felt to drive."

Has been a good vehicle with limited repairs need

By on Monday, September 2, 2013

Pros: "Gets around great in winter, and fun to drive"

Cons: "poor gas milage, bubble up rust by 3rd brake light"

Libby at home

"The gas milage is just as rated unfortunately, as this has been a great vehicle. I am ready for my 3rd set of tires. I still have the original brakes on it, but will need replacing soon. I like to service a vehicle myself and the Liberty is easy to service. Otherwise I have had a water pump, battery, belt, and spark plugs and wires replaced. The transmission has also been serviced every 30k miles. Hope to pass this vehicle to my daughter next year."

Libby at home

Most Reliable Ever-Why Stop Making Them?

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Perfect Size. Safety Wonderful. Power Excellent."

Cons: "No cons."

"I have been searching for a replacement Jeep Liberty Limited and was SO disappointed that they are no longer made. Be Fuddled actually. Perfect Size. Safety Wonderful. Power Excellent. Bottom Line: If I wasn't such a Jeep fan I would seek another make of vehicle. Before knowing Jeep stopped making the Libertys I would have recommended and HAVE recommended highly. But now? How can I recommend a vehicle that is no longer manufactured? Will leave that as a blank."

A reliable vehicle with great capabilities

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Great price, plenty of power, goood fuel milage"

Cons: "Ground clearance for some occasions"

"One of the best vehicle I have owned. 84K trouble free miles. Reliable 23-25 mpg. Capable for my hunting and fishing in remote areas. Adequate storage behind seats, could be better but it works. I tend to drive on highway at speed of 60-65 MPH, which likely helps with the milage. No rattles or squeaks at this point, which I consider amazing given where I drive it. My third Jeep and intend to keep driving them. I am a retired Military Officer, hunt and fish a lot."