2005 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1285 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Great vehicle for almost anyone imaginable

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Practical in design inside and out, great Jeep"

Cons: "maybe small seating, no 3 adults in back"

"About three years ago I began looking for my first real car, besides the one that I was basically assigned from my parents when I began to drive. I knew I wanted a truck or SUV, and ultimately decided a SUV-like car was best for me. After looking for many months I decided a Jeep what what I wanted and soon zoned in on trynig to find a Liberty that was only a few years old. I came across my black 2006 Liberty Limited on an online site (Carmax) and after carefully studying it decided it was what I wanted and had it shipped to my nearest location since it was in Tampa, FL. I can say after a few years of owning the Liberty I am extremely proud of my choice, it is very reliable (never had any mechanical issues, although I regularly check everything to make sure to catch things ahead) it is very practical, an SUV-ish style but not a huge honker that takes up the road, parking space, or drains gas, and finally I may be biased but I still believe this particular style around '04-'07 is one of the best looking on the road. Interior is practical in setup, but I will ad that the seating of 5 is not for five adults, maybe just four- however I usually only have two at the most and carry my luggage, etc in the rear seats anyway. It has a very large truck space for what it may look like from outside and laying the back seats down theres not many everyday items you couldn't fit in there. A great vehicle I would recomend for any everyday driver. In saying that I mean basically anyone who doesn't need their car for a particular purpose such as construction work, or something you have to put 4 carseats in. If you are somewhat interested in the car, and find one in good shape I don't think you can go wrong."

amazing vehicle

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Unbelievable jeep to drive"

Cons: "Gas is so so. 12 to 23 mpg Summer/winter"

"well in Aug. of 2014 I will have owned this jeep for two years. I've driven through snow that is just at the bottom of my bumper. I've done a lot of towing up north and on four-wheeler trails for logging. This little jeep is an unbelievable machine. I think the ride it is very comfy, and that's after a few hours of driving. It holds 5 adults well, plus two dogs in the back. One dog is 60 lbs and the other is 180 lbs Mastiff. Now the gas is the only thing on this vehicle that is tough sometimes. First the jeep stock tires are 215. I have 245's on mine. That's 6% bigger than you should go. I have how ever got up to 23 mpg in the summer. Winter time I'm around 12 to 14 depending on sandbags and using 4 high. So if you keep up with maintenance and take good care and don't mind 13 to 20 mpg on average. You should love this vehicle. Enjoy the Jeep!"

Most Reliable Ever-Why Stop Making Them?

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Perfect Size. Safety Wonderful. Power Excellent."

Cons: "No cons."

"I have been searching for a replacement Jeep Liberty Limited and was SO disappointed that they are no longer made. Be Fuddled actually. Perfect Size. Safety Wonderful. Power Excellent. Bottom Line: If I wasn't such a Jeep fan I would seek another make of vehicle. Before knowing Jeep stopped making the Libertys I would have recommended and HAVE recommended highly. But now? How can I recommend a vehicle that is no longer manufactured? Will leave that as a blank."

A reliable vehicle with great capabilities

By on Saturday, August 31, 2013

Pros: "Great price, plenty of power, goood fuel milage"

Cons: "Ground clearance for some occasions"

"One of the best vehicle I have owned. 84K trouble free miles. Reliable 23-25 mpg. Capable for my hunting and fishing in remote areas. Adequate storage behind seats, could be better but it works. I tend to drive on highway at speed of 60-65 MPH, which likely helps with the milage. No rattles or squeaks at this point, which I consider amazing given where I drive it. My third Jeep and intend to keep driving them. I am a retired Military Officer, hunt and fish a lot."

Won't settle for less

By on Monday, August 13, 2012

Pros: "Spacious, affordable repairs, great in snow!"

Cons: "I honestly can't think of any."

"Hello, I have owned my 2003, unlimited sports, 4x4 for over six years now. I have accumlated over 200,500 miles and it still goes strong. The motor has recently started knocking, but this is too be expected. The only other two problems I have had is (hope I spell this right), sham-calf sensor and (which was around $25 to repair with lifetime warranty) and that thing that holds your cold air, has a fan. I don't know what it is, but it cost $140 to repair (I got the part from a junk yard). That is the only two expensives, besides breaks, tires, oil changes. The handling had always been wonderful, perfect in the snow. Spacious for road trips, easily fit my three kids and 125 lb. dog. I am going to get the motor rebuilt in the next year,I plan on buying a new one for myself and give my other one to one of my children. I do not plan on buying any vehicles other than Jeep Liberty's for the remainder of my life. Great suv!! I give it a 10 all the way. (Was going to upload a picture, but all I have. have my children in them. But its just like the picture above, but black)."