2005 Jeep Liberty

7.8

Based on 1299 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Good vehicle

By on Saturday, August 11, 2007

"I have really loved my Liberty. It could have a bit bigger of a back seat, with the wheel wells not so close to where you need to get in/out. The only "problem" that I have had is the occasional hydroplaning and spinning out when the road starts to get wet. My gas mileage has been pretty good for a SUV, I usually get right at about 20 mpg. It's fun to drive."

06 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"We traded-in our 04 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mt Edition 3.7 for a used 06 Liberty Limited CRD. The CRD's diesel engine and 5-speed automatic tranny correct all the short-comings of the underpowered gasoline powered V-6 and make this a wonderful vehicle for long-distance trips and towing. On 2 recent long-distance trips (Oklahoma to Las Vegas, NV & Las Vegas to Idaho) our CRD averaged 25 mpg (with cruise control mostly set at 78 mph). It just loafs up the long grades and the auto tranny never shifted down from 5th!"

LOVE MY CRD

By on Thursday, July 19, 2007

"I have a 2006 CRD (4 cylinder diesel). I absolutely love it, and would buy one all over again. Tight turning radius, good ride, very good visibility for driver, pretty spacious for a small SUV, flexible usage with rear-fold-down seats (1/3-2/3). Tow package is great and the diesel does pretty well on mileage (I get from 22-27). My mileage does drop when towing of course depending on the load. Even has decent leg room in the back seats. I was a little disappointed with Jeep in that this vehicle has had 3 recalls, but the Jeep dealer took care of them all and I had no problem. Apparently Jeep only made the Liberty in the CRD for two years, and I understand they sold beyond expectations. I absolutely love mine and would highly recommend the CRD. Oil changes are expensive with 00-40W Mobil One synthetic, but I hope to get that back in longevity. LOVE MY CRD!"

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Bought a top of the line Liberty '02 second hand with around 20k on it. So far I've put another 35K on it and the car runs perfectly. Solid and agile car. Turning radius is much smaller than PT cruiser, for example, which is small car in comparison. And Jeep is a 4 wheel drive. Only complaints that I have are the hig gas consumption and regurlar brake pad replacements."

Overall Great, Poor Seat Fabric, Window Issue

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2007

"The car handles great and is very comfortable. Folding rear seat allows large items. The fabric on the seat very EASILY STAIN with as little as a water drip. Had problem with the driver's window "falling off the track". Had to have it serviced twice and a separate track put in due to design flaw. Overall great, fun vehicle, despite irritation from window and seats."

Excellent value; DOES ride like a jeep

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

Pros: "see above"

"4WD gets you around even on icy snow conditions (of course, not on ice alone). Rides kinda rough but better tires helped this. DID have repeated problems with emission system; orig catalytic converter was from CA, which initially contributed to confusion of getting the appropriate replacement. I don't know if it's faulty design but , for the last 2-3 years, I've had to replace cat or 02 sensors, ea year, to pass emissions (seems that this might be attributable to not getting to the cause of the problem, however, in my opinion). The seats stain TERRIBLY, even with water, which is asinine for a JEEP but I still feel like the benefit of being able to get around places that others cant (secondary to 4WD and V6, the room to haul my consignment finds, and longevity make this a great value. Plus , it's cute"

start ever time goes well in high snow very duraba

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "goes any where"

Cons: "none i have found"

"very dependable start and stop rate 10 easy on gas would buy another one if i don't get what i want i will keep still has a lot of life in it"

I best Vehicle I ever own . Love it.

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Get in bad weather and fun to drive for me."

Cons: "MPG and little things like Cigerette lighter went"

"I have owned this vehicle for over 10 years and have had little problems with it. I do wish it had better gas mpg but it gave me everything I wanted. It was fun to drive and could go in bad weather or just in ruff roads. I even named it because it did feel like a good old friend to me. Now my son is getting his DL and I am passing along to him. Wish him as much enjoyment from it as I have had. It's a nice feeling to hand over your car to your son and know that he is getting a good car not some piece or junk."

10 years now & still Extremely Reliable!

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "No Major Maintenance issue's, easy to drive"

Cons: "Minor Window regulator issue"

"I purchased this vehicle 10 years ago new & have not had a single major issue. I can't say that about any other vehicle I've owned. It's been so reliable, easy to drive convenient for space etc. Minor issue is the window regulators have broke a few times but I consider this a minor issue."

Love this Jeep

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

"I bought this Jeep to have to flexability of the winters here in upstate NY and this is just even a great summer Vehicle. It has a lot of room inside and hold a lot to stuff. Took a bit of getting use to where the window controls are but I managed. It has a good amount of power when you need it so you can go just about anywheres with it. Very easy to put in 4 wheel drive and take out. I'm very impressed with this vehicle."