2005 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1293 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Jeep Liberty 2004

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"I now have 125,000 miles on my 2004 Liberty Limited (Bought new) and it is as strong as ever. Still have the original brake pads on! The only problem I have had was when the Jeep was 4 years old at 116,000 mile I had to replace the driver side power window cable. On the interstate I get 23 MPG (2WD/V6/Auto) and average 21 MPG mixed."

great vehicle

By on Friday, November 14, 2008

"I have a 2005 Liberty. It is the perfect size SUV for those wanting the benefits of an SUV with a vehicle that is a breeze to handle in crowded parking lots or busy city streets. It sits high off the ground, plows through snow better than 4x4 trucks I've owned, and is generally very comfortable. The only downside is gas mileage is right around 20-21 mpg. Great car, will keep mine till it dies."

Great diesel needs more torque at high speeds

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"Being European I have been driving Diesel cars for many years. Over the last 10 years performance has improved drastically. In many cases the diesel versions are stronger and faster than their petrol twins. 0-62 mph within 10 seconds and top speeds above 120 mph are normal for regular cars. SUV’s like the Liberty accelerate slightly slower and have lower top speeds (± 100mph). The Liberty Diesel is a vehicle that has great torque at lower speeds and I really like the way it drives (interstate as well as driving on local gravel roads). A bit more noise that his petrol twin (3.7L), but still acceptable and nowhere near the noise of the heavy duty trucks (nor the smell either, actually). One entertaining side effect of the car are the surprised looks on gets from other folks when you are parked between the big rigs when topping up the tank. I have been asked more than once if I was aware that I poured diesel in the car. This Liberty Diesel is also great for towing a 2-horse bumper pull trailer. Being European, I really like the Benderup trailers that have a different rather fool proof braking system. Mileage is acceptable (25mpg) for US standards and it is nice to see after previously driving a Dodge RAM with a HEMI (11mgp) Even though the diesel liberty is more responsive that its petrol twin, at highway speeds it takes occasionally a little bit more time for the car to react to the accelerator. I have to admit that I am used to a lot of torque even in the highest gear at high speeds of 70mph and higher (VW & BMW, Volvo with stick shift driving), but this Liberty has to shift to lower gears, therefore it is required to press the accelerator a bit more aggressive and deeper than one is used to. Possibly also an effect of the automatic transmission. Turning radius is also really acceptable with 35.9 ft (11 meters) which is a foot less when compared to a car like the Chrysler PT Cruiser. When installing a hands free phone kit, I noticed that there is little room and a lot of plastic in the car, but it all is installed in a way that it does not squeak or rattle. The plastic interior does neither look classy nor tacky. With the leather seats in the plastic dashboard looks a little bit cheap, but still acceptable. All aspects combined I do like the car and the way it is driving."

Best car I've ever owned.Very reliable.

By on Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Cons: "Weird dashboard."

"Gets decent gas mileage, great on the highway. Has never let me down.Handles beautifully in all weather conditions.Very roomy.I think the 2004 looks better than newer models, not boxy.I love this vehicle!!!"

easy to drive

By on Saturday, March 02, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, fuel economy"

Cons: "too small for a big man like me"

"Excellent highway MPG- 29+ depending on road speed (30+ at 69 mph) and conditions. Easy to mananuver in traffic or off-road as the occassion may call for. HOwever for the very tall- 6' plus and in my case also a big guy it can be a bit cramped. This is the top rated SUV in it's class and for good reason!! I bought it Oct 1 2005 as a 2006 model. The engine has plenty of torque and loves to be driven on the interstate."

GREAT SUV for both men AND women....FUN TO DRIVE!!

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "Very economically priced, compared to most suvs."

Cons: "Gas mileage not good.....so not for long trips!"

"I own a 2005 Sport 4x4 Liberty, {Light khaki}It seats 5 comfortably. If I ever purchase another suv, I will buy another Liberty. I have approximately 70,000 miles on it. I have kept the oil changed every 5000 miles. I am about to replace the brake pads for the first time. Other than that, absolutely no repairs. I love the size, comfort,exterior and the interior. I have leather seats and it looks almost new. The exterior is like new as well. It is perfect for all terrains and handles great in city and offroad. It is fairly light weight, so I take caution at higher speeds. I wish it was a little heavier. As long as you drive the speed limits, it handles very well. I would not recommend high speeds for a liberty. This is a wonderful suv for the city, in all weather conditions. Your vision perimeters are very good, much better than most suvs. It is very safe to drive. It is a medium sized suv, which is perfect for me, as I am a petite woman. I wouldn't trade it for anything. It is a good vehicle for teens as Jeep designs never grow old. They are timeless vehicles."

Bought new with o miles.

By on Sunday, December 02, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, seating position, reliability"

Cons: "power windows"

"I bought this vehicle new on a whim and have come to decide it's probably the best vehicle I've ever owned. Aside from the power window system (troublesome), it's been flawless. I got 87,000 miles out of the original brakes and the "troublesome" front end has to date not been an issue...it's all still original. The radiator recently sprung a leak and will need to be replaced soon, but in a salt using state, I don't think that's bad."

I love this jeep!

By on Monday, September 10, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "Power windows malfunction."

"So fun to drive! I have had this car for 5 years. No mechanical issues at all. I'm passing it on to my daughter. The only problem is with the back power window motors. Both have gone out on this car. Not a major issue, but a bit of an inconvenience. I'm currently looking for a newer model, but not real crazy about the newer body style. Overall, one of my favorite cars I've ever owned."

Nice Jeep, except for the stupid windows!

By on Sunday, September 02, 2012

Pros: "looks great"

Cons: "7 window regulators in <60K miles"

"I have the 2006 with 60K miles. I have the Limited version that is all leathered out and loaded with all the options except 4 wheel drive. I have owned more than a few cars and trucks in my life. This is not anywhere near my favorate. This one is fine for around town, but by the time I drive 250 miles in this thing my backside actually hurts. It rides ROUGH! It has never left me by the side of the road, but that actually surprises me after all the trouble I have had. The V6 runs great and I have never had any transmission or other mechanical problems. But I have paid out $1300 to repair the power sunroof. And the windows! SEVEN, count them, 7 window regulators in 60K miles. This baby has spend a total of TWO MONTHS in the shop keeping the freakin windows moving! It look really good in the drive, but it will look even better when it's in someone else's drive."

i love my jeep!

By on Thursday, July 19, 2012

Pros: "great reliability"

Cons: "poor gas mileage"

"I am the epitome of a proud jeep owner! i have been driving this car for six years (was my parents before) and it still runs beautifully. i am a recent college grad and learned to drive with this car. I plan to drive this until I graduate law school!"