2005 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1274 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

classic jeep

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"If you have ever owned a jeep, she provides what you expect. little trivial things die out on her, like window regulators and starting relays. But she runs like a beaut."

It says Jeep and that"s what it is!

By on Sunday, March 22, 2015

Pros: "It's a Jeep! enuf said!"

Cons: "M.P.G."

"Great little four wheel drive vehicle. Been all over the states from North Dakota to South Carolina. 197,000 and just traded it in still going strong!! Gas mileage is the only thing I don't like but it is a Jeep with lots of power for a v-6."

A one of a kind experience for a jeep.

By on Thursday, March 12, 2015

Pros: "inexpensive, very reliable, safe, fun, good mpg"

Cons: "not as much room as a full size suv"

"I've owned this jeep for five years and loved it. It's been fantastic to me through all seasons. I bought the roadhandler tires available for it and have gotten great fuel economy with those. It comfortably fits five people and you may push the back seats down for cargo space. I've used this to cart mountain bikes around and kayaks. I have the tow package and it does a great job towing my boat, and atv's. It's a smooth ride with the trailer and sometimes you forget it is there. Going uphill though you will definitely notice that the vehicle is working to get up the incline. It's a great on and offroad suv. I owned a BMW for awhile at the same time and I ended up getting rid of it because the jeep was more fun to drive. I've never had a problem with it and haven't had to repair anything. I've taken good care of it and it shows. I still get compliments on how it looks, a lot of people think it's new. But it's an '04. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a smaller suv."

My video

walk around and look inside

Excellent value; DOES ride like a jeep

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

Pros: "see above"

"4WD gets you around even on icy snow conditions (of course, not on ice alone). Rides kinda rough but better tires helped this. DID have repeated problems with emission system; orig catalytic converter was from CA, which initially contributed to confusion of getting the appropriate replacement. I don't know if it's faulty design but , for the last 2-3 years, I've had to replace cat or 02 sensors, ea year, to pass emissions (seems that this might be attributable to not getting to the cause of the problem, however, in my opinion). The seats stain TERRIBLY, even with water, which is asinine for a JEEP but I still feel like the benefit of being able to get around places that others cant (secondary to 4WD and V6, the room to haul my consignment finds, and longevity make this a great value. Plus , it's cute"

Love My Little Liberty

By on Sunday, March 08, 2015

Pros: "Fun, adorable, reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I used to get a new car every three years. Saw this one as a 2006 in 2011 and fell in love, traded in my newer Mazda for it! Very reliable, I've only had to replace the sunroof. I lucked out, it only had 25,000 miles after 5 years, and it's still just under 60k at 9 years old, so I'm planning to keep it for a long time!"

Ok!

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "reliability, offroad capability, great value"

Cons: "gas milage, cargo space, subpar electronics"

"Pretty good car. At 12 years and 170K miles, it's beginning to show signs of Chrysler-itis -- hesitates to start when cold, small electronics failing (side mirrors, window regulator, door solenoid) -- that I tend to see on late model, high-mileage Chryslers. I get a steady 20 mpg on the highway. Not nearly as good as most SUVs these days, but still pretty good for a dedicated 4WD. I do wish the cargo space was bigger - it's not very deep with the seats up. Nothing serious has failed, just had to replace various parts (radiator, condenser, ball joints), and nothing before 150K other than typical maintenance. Engine valve covers tend to leak. I'm just now starting to have problems with the 4WD transmission - it's loud and hesitates to shift back into 2WD. Overall, I have no reason to suspect that the powertrain won't last another 100K miles."

Solid little 4x4!

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "great price."

Cons: "not the best gas mileage for a small 4x4."

"The only downfall to my Jeep is the gas mileage.Only gets about 16-17 mpg. It was the first vehicle I bought on my own, without my husband or anyone coming with me. It is great in the snow! Outdoes the other Jeeps we have owned in the winter. I have owned it for 8 yrs. and I feel I have definitely got my moneys worth"

Great car well taken care of

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, love the car"

"Bought new and used as family car for several years. My wife drove to work, about 10 miles, on state hiway. We could not part with Liberty after buying new Maxima"

Loved it, would buy it again

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "Versatile, nimble, comfortable, tough, useful"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"Bought 2002 vehicle in 2005 with 65K miles on it, drove it to 2015 with 116K miles. Equipped with leather, auto, CD, 2WD. It was the perfect size for a woman and a very versatile, useful vehicle, even though the MPG was poor. I happen to like the rough Jeep ride, so bumps don't bother me. Head room was poor for a man over 6' but fine for me. When repairs started to cost more than the vehicle was worth, it broke my heart. I'd buy it again in a New York minute, but they have stopped making the Liberty."

very reliable

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "Very Reliable, smooth ride, plenty of room"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"We purchased a 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited edition in 2004 with 45,000 miles on it.11 years later the Jeep is still running perfect with 397,000 on the Jeep. With a vehicle at this age and mileage yes there is some work to do on it, A/C not working, upper and lower ball joints need to be replaced, just typical upkeep of the car."

Love my Jeep Liberty!

By on Monday, February 02, 2015

Pros: "Visibility, Reliablility, fun to drive, sporty"

Cons: "MPG, less cushioned riding than car"

"We purchased our Jeep Liberty Ltd with approximately 20,000 miles on it. It now has over 240,000! We have traveled the country. While the MPG is not great (avg 16 mpg), this has been one of the best cars we've ever owned. The oil has been changed faithfully and in all those miles, we have only had to replace the water pump! Ours came with a power sunroof, a 6 CD changer, leather/heated/power front seats... This has been a great vehicle. Small and easy to maneuver, especially nice in city traffic. Nice visibility, easy controls... Because of the short wheel base, it can be slightly less comfortable than a car. But I have driven this vehicle on trips of over 5000 miles and found it acceptable."

I LOVE this Jeep!

By on Sunday, February 01, 2015

Pros: "Size, maneuverability, gumption."

Cons: "Gas mileage not as good as 4-cylinders I've owned."

"Bought this Jeep new in 2002, drove it cross-country to Michigan a couple of times, drove it to work 9 years and took good care of it. And it took good care of me. Have had no major work done, all the bells & whistles still work, is easy to park & handle. Has a lot of pep, and is my favorite vehicle to date. I would buy another."

Excellent vehicle that handles well.

By on Friday, January 30, 2015

Pros: "Lots of power, seats 5 and back seats fold down"

Cons: "NONE REALLY, NICE RIDE"

"drawback was problem with windows but the problem was finally fixed."

Best car I have owned in 58 years of driving.

By on Thursday, January 29, 2015

Pros: "Easy to drive, looks new after 13 years ."

Cons: "2 recalls, but dealer took care of them ."

"I get 28 to 32 miles per gallon. My retired mechanic Husband knows a few tricks to help get better gas mileage and has really helped keep me on track about oil changes and what-not. I am older with bad legs it is easier to get in and out of than a regular car. It is not long like a lot of SUV's. But the seats let down when I need extra space to haul horse feed or a months worth of groceries. The seat is roomy and second row is a split bench seat, that seats 3 adults with room to be comfortable. I love my car !!"

Could be better ...

By on Thursday, January 22, 2015

Pros: "Good on gas, easy to park!"

Cons: "Too small, not enough console space."

"This car is OK at best. Too small to really transport family for activities. Not enough space for two adults, two kids, and two dogs ... dogs are cramped and kids do not have enough space between them. When car is fully loaded with people/animals there is no space for bags/purses without taking up foot-board spaces. For a single person this is probably a perfect vehicle with more than enough space. Utilizing the back seats for storage would be convenient and make the car more useful. Great control on winter roads, the 4WD is a must!"

Great price for a great SUV

By on Sunday, January 11, 2015

Pros: "Awesome for the mountains"

Cons: "None!"

"I'm a Jeep loyalist! Bought this car used and never had a single issue. Interior is a little small in the front. I drove this car from Ohio to Colorado. It's great for road trips. I even took this car off-roading up in the Rocky Mountains. It is sad that this car is getting bad reviews. Jeep did a great job on this little truck. Great in the Colorado snow and ice."

This is the best vehicle I've owned.

By on Saturday, December 27, 2014

Cons: "no ash trays and the cigarette lighter has never w"

"With the exception of a 1996 Lexus lx450, this is the best vehicle I've ever owned. I love the way it handles on the road and the gas mileage is actually pretty good."

Not drivable.

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

Pros: "4 new tires."

Cons: "As stated above."

"The car is not running. It needs motor work and a catalitic converter. Right front fender damaged."

I love this vehicle! Great around town & off road

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "Great value,dependable,easy driver"

Cons: "Front seats are not long enough"

"I have had this vehicle for 9 years and except for the air cond compressor all I have done is the regular maint. (I go by the manual) I have had NO problems. I take it off road on a regular basis, drive it daily to work,16mpg in town, 19mpg free way. All work is at the dealer or a very good repair shop (repair shop has been operating for over 60 years, family owned all that time). For the price, you can't get a better deal. Off road is in mountains, over big rocks(I have factory skid plates), desert, forest trails, anywhere I want to go."

not a wrangler, but a great jeep

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "durable, reliable, looks good, its a jeep"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"i bought my 2005 liberty renegade over a year ago. i wasnt a big fan of the liberty but i decided to buy this because of the slightly different body style of the renegade. ive put almost 20,000 miles on it and ive only done regular maintenance such as oil and brakes. no major repairs. ive seen a lot of complaints about failing window motors, leg room, and reliability but ive had only good luck with this one. its frame and body are holding off the rust very well. bad gas mileage. decent power and does fine on the freeway. great in the snow and mud. most of my driving is on road but some has been off road. im 6'2 and dont have any issues with leg room as the driver, the seat moves far enough back. hopefully i can drive it for another 100,000 miles as ive seen some other people in the reviews."

Great Small utility multi-use vehicle

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "turns on a dime"

Cons: "rear seat back doesn't lay flat"

"Take good care of your Liberty with regular preventive maintenance and it will run indefinitely with no glitches. It turns on a dime and can be parked anywhere. It's a great car for hauling smaller loads, camping, off road transportation, beach driving, bicycle rack, carrying a kayak or canoe. Head space is probably better for people 5'8" or less to drive. Only negative is rear seat back doesn't lay completely flat when folded down."

Great vehicle, no rust after 12 years.

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Good handling, very dependable."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage. Could use a little more storage"

"No rust after 12 years of every day use. Never had any mechanical issues. No breakdowns. Headlight lens never clouded up. It does bounce a little due to its short wheelbase over rough roads, but its easy to park. Great light truck overall, one of Jeep's best buys. Jeep built a new plant in Toledo, Ohio to build the Liberty and they did it right. Thanks Jeep"

Best overall vehicle

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Fun, great sound system, spacious back"

Cons: "MPG"

"This Jeep has been reliable from the start. It handles great in all weather & the 4 wheel drive part-time is good too. I commuted 30 miles one way with going over a mountain pass. In the winter it always has snow on it. I never had any problems getting to work & back. My only complaint was the gas mileage. Average of 18mpg. I recently purchased another vehicle & am having a hard time getting rid of the Jeep!"

I love my car, wouldn't trade for anything else.

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Pros: "Great at towing and in slick conditions"

Cons: "Not very spacious."

"It is a great car. Got me got through a tough winter without problems. I have had it since 2008. Replaced the brakes and rotors twice. In 2014 I have replaced water pump, radiator, timing belt, and head gaskets. I have put hard work on this thing and was never disappointed."

excellent car in snow or town driving

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "convenient 4WD car for winter driving"

Cons: "passenger compartment crowded"

"I have been very pleased with this car and just want one with more passenger room and automatic drive. It's energetic, easy to park and maneuver, gets fairly good mileage, and has been very convenient in winter driving."