2005 Jeep Liberty

7.8

Based on 1224 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

we have experience hardly any issues with this car

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "great, manueverabilty, great little 4wd"

"70k mileage, replaced one light bulb, and one brake caliper, it has been great vehicle, no issues. hate to sell it but needs to go!"

Extremely reliable motor & transmission; 7-years +

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Dependable transportation & occassional hauling"

Cons: "would have liked better mileage, but was OK"

"Extremely reliable motor & transmission. In over 110,000 miles, my Jeep Liberty has required nothing more than regular maintenance, which I always expected to provide. For Iowa winters with much ice and snow, the shift into 4-wheel drive has made it dependable in all kinds of weather. The trade off is that gas mileage suffers in 4-wheel drive mode. Most driving on paved roads is with 2-wheel traction and gets 18-19 miles per gallon. The front bucket seats have been very supportive for long trips. The tight turning radius has also allowed me to do a quick u-turn (traffic permitting!) on standard width roadways if I missed a turn in unfamiliar areas. Some people might complain that the ride can be a little jumpy, but it never bothered me. I was driving a Jeep and I liked how it felt to drive."

Jeep loyalty

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Off road capability... Looks great"

Cons: "As stated above in review"

"I'm loyal to jeep. I was in need of a new car after my previous jeep was totaled. I bought the latest jeep... Not my first choice but it was the best of my options. The following year jeep came out with much better looking vehicles (obviously my opinion). I learned to love my new jeep with the exception of all 4 tires popping with one day off road. That was a weekend to chalk up to some amazing memories. And the windows... I felt like I was always at the dealership fixing my windows that dropped, they later replaced their plastic piece with a metal piece which fixed this problem. The glove compartment is small and the electric window button is at the center consol rather than on the door. With all these exceptions I absolutely love this jeep. I am still a jeep girl!"

Love It!!

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive, dependable, reasonable upkeep costs"

Cons: "I have no complaints"

"I've had my Jeep Liberty for 10 years and have no complaints at all about it. The only thing I've had to do is put 2 batteries on it and put a set of tires on. It is easy to drive, handles great, very dependable. At 156,000 miles I am having to do some routine stuff to it but I would not trade it for a new vehicle. It has not once left me stranded - Once I get her new brakes and some regular services I would not be afraid to drive it from coast to coast."

amazing vehicle

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Unbelievable jeep to drive"

Cons: "Gas is so so. 12 to 23 mpg Summer/winter"

"well in Aug. of 2014 I will have owned this jeep for two years. I've driven through snow that is just at the bottom of my bumper. I've done a lot of towing up north and on four-wheeler trails for logging. This little jeep is an unbelievable machine. I think the ride it is very comfy, and that's after a few hours of driving. It holds 5 adults well, plus two dogs in the back. One dog is 60 lbs and the other is 180 lbs Mastiff. Now the gas is the only thing on this vehicle that is tough sometimes. First the jeep stock tires are 215. I have 245's on mine. That's 6% bigger than you should go. I have how ever got up to 23 mpg in the summer. Winter time I'm around 12 to 14 depending on sandbags and using 4 high. So if you keep up with maintenance and take good care and don't mind 13 to 20 mpg on average. You should love this vehicle. Enjoy the Jeep!"

Very well taken care of original owner car

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "safe and reliable. Fun to drive"

Cons: "GPS out of date and gas mileage so-so."

"I have taken excellent care of this car! I've taken it into the dealer for timely oil changes and check-ups and have the paperwork to prove it. It has been washed frequently and the paint and interior is in very good condition."

start ever time goes well in high snow very duraba

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "goes any where"

Cons: "none i have found"

"very dependable start and stop rate 10 easy on gas would buy another one if i don't get what i want i will keep still has a lot of life in it"

i love my jeep

By on Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "wished they still made this style"

"very comfortable, smooth ride ,never gets stuck in sand.looks really bold."

We have bonded.

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "A champion on slick ice and snow."

Cons: "Burns a lot of gas."

"I originally thought this was a not quite up to speed. Over the years I have learned to really enjoy and respect this car. It loves ice and snow. It has been reliable and not needed an a lot of repairs. We have 160,000 miles on it and plan to go over 200,000. I am even thinking about buying another one or similar someday. Some people don't think the Liberty is a real Jeep, you don't know what you are missing. My primary negative issue is the mileage. It may dream of 20/mpg but it is doubtful it will ever get there."

First Year Of Issue

By on Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pros: "None"

Cons: "Window control location."

"Traded in a Cherokee for this vehicle expecting the same quality and durability. I was sadly mistaken. Have had to replace three window motors, main brake cylinder, serpentine belt, and front ball joints. Location of window controls in middle console is awkward."

Great

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Cons: "17 mpg"

"Great little car for zipping around the city yet plenty of room for 4 people comfortably plus room in the back for groceries and suitcases. Sharp looking and lots of power. Sound system in also great."

Reliable, safe, you seat high above other cars.

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, especially on freeways."

Cons: "not enough room for your coffee mug."

"I've had this Liberty since 2007. It has never let me down whether on long or short trips. It's like everything works fine on it. Obviously, I have always followed its maintenance schedule. There's the key. During the Winter, when roads become slippery, this car is a blessing. It's 4x4 works as expected. I felt so safe while driving on slippery conditions. I strongly recommend it."

It's been a great reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Excellent 4wd, dependability, comfortable ride"

Cons: "gas mileage, brakes"

"I bought the Liberty 4wd sport in the summer of 2001 and other than normal maintenance requirements and a few cosmetic glitches when I first got it, this vehicle has been great. It's been all over the U.S. and has towed a 5x8 cargo trailer loaded and has never let me down. When we lived in a part of the country that had snow, that thing went through it like a mountain goat on steroids. Moved to the beach and equally awesome in the sand dunes of Florida and California. My wife and I were rear ended by a drunk driver in 2005. We came out with a few minor bumps and bruises but the Liberty, hardly looked damaged. The drunk driver was injured and her car (newer toyota camry) was totaled. I'm going to get rid of it here soon but only because I need a truck to haul our RV. It's been a great ride. I'm forever a Mopar owner now. Ram 1500 here I come! :)"

I LoVE My Jeep

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

Pros: "Solidly made, no rattles,Great Winter Performance"

Cons: "Slight comfort issues, no biggie."

"Very reliable and versatile SUV. Slight lack in the comfort area, but very tolerable. Solid build, and ride. Will go through almost any kind of winter terrain. Can't brag more, Very impressed."

Great vehicle. Would buy another

By on Sunday, February 02, 2014

"Bought this vehicle new. What I like: clear visibility, turning radius, cargo capacity, dashboard clarity, cup holders, heated seats, and steering wheel comfort. SUV drives well, a bit rough, but not a con for me. Downsides: unimpressive acceleration, underpowered. I'm now looking to purchase a 2012 Jeep Liberty."

Good at first, but watch out for engine failure

By on Friday, January 24, 2014

Pros: "Love the Heaters in the seats"

Cons: "Short lifespan"

"I bought this car used. Loved it, until now. With no warning my engine quit. 3 out of 6 cylinders came apart. Now I need a new engine. And with what I owe on it, I will be paying for a broke down car for another 2.5 years. Be careful!"

Overall pretty good

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Offroad ability, ruggedness, simplicity, compact"

Cons: "Gas miliage, poor seat fabric, hatch design"

"05 liberty, owned for 2 years now, bought it at 98k. Its incredible at offroading, power, its easy to work with (ive done a lot of work on it and im no mechanic) whenever it needs fixing, great view and overall good driveability. Its major flaws though are its gas milage. I get about 17 in the winter, 22 at best in summer (wny area). It also has a poor hatch design, its rusting pretty bad on the top of the hatch opening,but no where else. I had the parking break explode on me (that was quite the crisis) and im just getting the torque converter replaced at 135k. Thats an $800 fix. Basically, its an awesome little suv, just be prepared for the pricey (but convienently simple) repairs, and its "bottomless pit" appetite for gasoline. If you understand that thats what youre getting into when you buy it, you should love it!!!"

Most durable vehicle I ever owned.

By on Sunday, January 19, 2014

Pros: "lots of head room, great in snow, very durable."

"Drivers seat very comfortable, with a lot of headroom, even for a tall person. Great in deep snow, you cant get stuck. Very tough, I carry over 1,000 lbs of equiptment every day for work and it has over 245000 miles and have put less money into this jeep than any other vehicle I ever had. A true tank. Gas millage isn't as good as most small suvs, but those cant be as good in any other area as this is."

Not very comfortable

By on Saturday, January 18, 2014

"I really liked my jeep for the first few years, I bought it new. We had a great time with it! We live in the Pinelands of sj, and there are so many places to take a jeep! Throw the kayaks on top and off we go. It even handles fairly well in the Pineys sugar sand. It is a utility vehicle, and that can't be changed. Very rough ride when the newness wears off., but I knew that going into it, I didn't think it would be so annoying. I wouldn't buy another one"

Great Little Workhorse!

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Best winter ride ever; fun, safe, comfortable"

Cons: "Lousy gas mileage, a recurring electrical glitch"

"My 1st new car. Owned a 92 Cherokee & 82 American Eagle both with the select-trac trans. Best winter vehicles I'd ever driven. Love the Liberty (but do miss the Cherokee exterior). The Lib does not have the torque and 'take-off' power that the straight-six Cherokee had, but accelerates nicely on the hwy... not so well going uphill. I haul everything imaginable inside: 100s of lbs of cement pavers; multiple bags of salt, sand, quik-crete; lumber & all manner of bldg supplies. You name it. Never been stuck. The selec-trac (or similar) is now only available on Wrangler Unlimited (dang!) and outside my budget. So - here's to many more years with Sweet Baby Truck!"

good vehicle

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"Needs a transmission"

I best Vehicle I ever own . Love it.

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Get in bad weather and fun to drive for me."

Cons: "MPG and little things like Cigerette lighter went"

"I have owned this vehicle for over 10 years and have had little problems with it. I do wish it had better gas mpg but it gave me everything I wanted. It was fun to drive and could go in bad weather or just in ruff roads. I even named it because it did feel like a good old friend to me. Now my son is getting his DL and I am passing along to him. Wish him as much enjoyment from it as I have had. It's a nice feeling to hand over your car to your son and know that he is getting a good car not some piece or junk."

will hate to let this go...

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "great price & fun to drive"

Cons: "horrible on gas mileage"

"yes - this was HORRIBLE on gas. however, living in central NY, best car ever; NEVER got stuck in the snow. BEST drivers seat ever, this bucket seat had the greatest lumbar support. I still own this and a Patriot, miss the height difference and that drivers seat! 12 yrs old, 171000 miles - couldn't have done better !!"

Excellent used as RV tow vehicle

By on Monday, January 06, 2014

Pros: "Red color classy fun to drive"

Cons: "I have no where to store the vehicle"

"I purchased this vehicle from a neighbor in my community who used it as a RV tow vehicle. I just bought RV so this was a great purchase for me knowing the previous owner. Car is in excellent mechanical and cosmetic condition inside and out. I am a female driver, and the car has high mileage but not from hard driving but from towing across America. The car has been recently serviced and is ready to go to a new owner. Reason Im selling is the car is being stored in a friends garage."

Great tow car.

By on Friday, January 03, 2014

"The car rides well when taken on long trips and has utility to haul relatively large items. To prepare for tow takes about a minute. No fuses to pull. Put transfer case in neutral and ignition switch in OFF position. It's ready to tow."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25