2005 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1282 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Extremely reliable motor & transmission; 7-years +

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Dependable transportation & occassional hauling"

Cons: "would have liked better mileage, but was OK"

"Extremely reliable motor & transmission. In over 110,000 miles, my Jeep Liberty has required nothing more than regular maintenance, which I always expected to provide. For Iowa winters with much ice and snow, the shift into 4-wheel drive has made it dependable in all kinds of weather. The trade off is that gas mileage suffers in 4-wheel drive mode. Most driving on paved roads is with 2-wheel traction and gets 18-19 miles per gallon. The front bucket seats have been very supportive for long trips. The tight turning radius has also allowed me to do a quick u-turn (traffic permitting!) on standard width roadways if I missed a turn in unfamiliar areas. Some people might complain that the ride can be a little jumpy, but it never bothered me. I was driving a Jeep and I liked how it felt to drive."

Has been a good vehicle with limited repairs need

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Gets around great in winter, and fun to drive"

Cons: "poor gas milage, bubble up rust by 3rd brake light"

Libby at home

"The gas milage is just as rated unfortunately, as this has been a great vehicle. I am ready for my 3rd set of tires. I still have the original brakes on it, but will need replacing soon. I like to service a vehicle myself and the Liberty is easy to service. Otherwise I have had a water pump, battery, belt, and spark plugs and wires replaced. The transmission has also been serviced every 30k miles. Hope to pass this vehicle to my daughter next year."

Libby at home

Great vehicle for almost anyone imaginable

By on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Pros: "Practical in design inside and out, great Jeep"

Cons: "maybe small seating, no 3 adults in back"

"About three years ago I began looking for my first real car, besides the one that I was basically assigned from my parents when I began to drive. I knew I wanted a truck or SUV, and ultimately decided a SUV-like car was best for me. After looking for many months I decided a Jeep what what I wanted and soon zoned in on trynig to find a Liberty that was only a few years old. I came across my black 2006 Liberty Limited on an online site (Carmax) and after carefully studying it decided it was what I wanted and had it shipped to my nearest location since it was in Tampa, FL. I can say after a few years of owning the Liberty I am extremely proud of my choice, it is very reliable (never had any mechanical issues, although I regularly check everything to make sure to catch things ahead) it is very practical, an SUV-ish style but not a huge honker that takes up the road, parking space, or drains gas, and finally I may be biased but I still believe this particular style around '04-'07 is one of the best looking on the road. Interior is practical in setup, but I will ad that the seating of 5 is not for five adults, maybe just four- however I usually only have two at the most and carry my luggage, etc in the rear seats anyway. It has a very large truck space for what it may look like from outside and laying the back seats down theres not many everyday items you couldn't fit in there. A great vehicle I would recomend for any everyday driver. In saying that I mean basically anyone who doesn't need their car for a particular purpose such as construction work, or something you have to put 4 carseats in. If you are somewhat interested in the car, and find one in good shape I don't think you can go wrong."

amazing vehicle

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Unbelievable jeep to drive"

Cons: "Gas is so so. 12 to 23 mpg Summer/winter"

"well in Aug. of 2014 I will have owned this jeep for two years. I've driven through snow that is just at the bottom of my bumper. I've done a lot of towing up north and on four-wheeler trails for logging. This little jeep is an unbelievable machine. I think the ride it is very comfy, and that's after a few hours of driving. It holds 5 adults well, plus two dogs in the back. One dog is 60 lbs and the other is 180 lbs Mastiff. Now the gas is the only thing on this vehicle that is tough sometimes. First the jeep stock tires are 215. I have 245's on mine. That's 6% bigger than you should go. I have how ever got up to 23 mpg in the summer. Winter time I'm around 12 to 14 depending on sandbags and using 4 high. So if you keep up with maintenance and take good care and don't mind 13 to 20 mpg on average. You should love this vehicle. Enjoy the Jeep!"

Most Reliable Ever-Why Stop Making Them?

By on Friday, October 11, 2013

Pros: "Perfect Size. Safety Wonderful. Power Excellent."

Cons: "No cons."

"I have been searching for a replacement Jeep Liberty Limited and was SO disappointed that they are no longer made. Be Fuddled actually. Perfect Size. Safety Wonderful. Power Excellent. Bottom Line: If I wasn't such a Jeep fan I would seek another make of vehicle. Before knowing Jeep stopped making the Libertys I would have recommended and HAVE recommended highly. But now? How can I recommend a vehicle that is no longer manufactured? Will leave that as a blank."