2004 Jeep Liberty

7.8

Based on 1248 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

love this little suv!

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, easy in/out for disabled driver"

Cons: "sport suspension stiff"

"comfortable seats, easy to drive, quite for SUV, decent milage for 3.7 liter/V6. Easy to enter/exit with good height for a 5'6" driver. Just overall love this Jeep."

dependable and excellent in bad weather

By on Thursday, May 08, 2014

Pros: "It is dependable. Great price and holds it value"

Cons: "it is a 2002"

"Car is dependable. Love the car. Handles fantastic in the snow using the 4 wheel drive. It is good on gas. Has remote start which comes in handy. To cool it in the summer and warm it up in the winter. Tires are about 5 years old. I have all the receipts on all the work done on the car. Brand new battery and some sensors were replaced. Has never failed an E-check. Due to a tragedy in our family I have to sell the car because I do not need 2 vehicles."

drive till I die

By on Friday, May 02, 2014

Pros: "overall I like to drive and hear the deisel clack"

"I have owned two explores Eddy Bowers and had several major problems My liberty is far superior."

Great in dirt/mud/snow

By on Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pros: "Great in mud, snow, and wet roads"

Cons: "Doesn't get the best MPG's"

"We live 2 miles back a dirt road and it gets muddy in the spring and after a good rain. It's a private road so we have to get out in the snow too. Great little 4x4. This is the Limited Rocky Mountain Edition and has many nice features including the extra shields underneath for off roading."

we have experience hardly any issues with this car

By on Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pros: "great, manueverabilty, great little 4wd"

"70k mileage, replaced one light bulb, and one brake caliper, it has been great vehicle, no issues. hate to sell it but needs to go!"

Extremely reliable motor & transmission; 7-years +

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Dependable transportation & occassional hauling"

Cons: "would have liked better mileage, but was OK"

"Extremely reliable motor & transmission. In over 110,000 miles, my Jeep Liberty has required nothing more than regular maintenance, which I always expected to provide. For Iowa winters with much ice and snow, the shift into 4-wheel drive has made it dependable in all kinds of weather. The trade off is that gas mileage suffers in 4-wheel drive mode. Most driving on paved roads is with 2-wheel traction and gets 18-19 miles per gallon. The front bucket seats have been very supportive for long trips. The tight turning radius has also allowed me to do a quick u-turn (traffic permitting!) on standard width roadways if I missed a turn in unfamiliar areas. Some people might complain that the ride can be a little jumpy, but it never bothered me. I was driving a Jeep and I liked how it felt to drive."

Jeep loyalty

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Off road capability... Looks great"

Cons: "As stated above in review"

"I'm loyal to jeep. I was in need of a new car after my previous jeep was totaled. I bought the latest jeep... Not my first choice but it was the best of my options. The following year jeep came out with much better looking vehicles (obviously my opinion). I learned to love my new jeep with the exception of all 4 tires popping with one day off road. That was a weekend to chalk up to some amazing memories. And the windows... I felt like I was always at the dealership fixing my windows that dropped, they later replaced their plastic piece with a metal piece which fixed this problem. The glove compartment is small and the electric window button is at the center consol rather than on the door. With all these exceptions I absolutely love this jeep. I am still a jeep girl!"

Love It!!

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "Easy to drive, dependable, reasonable upkeep costs"

Cons: "I have no complaints"

"I've had my Jeep Liberty for 10 years and have no complaints at all about it. The only thing I've had to do is put 2 batteries on it and put a set of tires on. It is easy to drive, handles great, very dependable. At 156,000 miles I am having to do some routine stuff to it but I would not trade it for a new vehicle. It has not once left me stranded - Once I get her new brakes and some regular services I would not be afraid to drive it from coast to coast."

amazing vehicle

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Unbelievable jeep to drive"

Cons: "Gas is so so. 12 to 23 mpg Summer/winter"

"well in Aug. of 2014 I will have owned this jeep for two years. I've driven through snow that is just at the bottom of my bumper. I've done a lot of towing up north and on four-wheeler trails for logging. This little jeep is an unbelievable machine. I think the ride it is very comfy, and that's after a few hours of driving. It holds 5 adults well, plus two dogs in the back. One dog is 60 lbs and the other is 180 lbs Mastiff. Now the gas is the only thing on this vehicle that is tough sometimes. First the jeep stock tires are 215. I have 245's on mine. That's 6% bigger than you should go. I have how ever got up to 23 mpg in the summer. Winter time I'm around 12 to 14 depending on sandbags and using 4 high. So if you keep up with maintenance and take good care and don't mind 13 to 20 mpg on average. You should love this vehicle. Enjoy the Jeep!"

Very well taken care of original owner car

By on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Pros: "safe and reliable. Fun to drive"

Cons: "GPS out of date and gas mileage so-so."

"I have taken excellent care of this car! I've taken it into the dealer for timely oil changes and check-ups and have the paperwork to prove it. It has been washed frequently and the paint and interior is in very good condition."