2004 Jeep Liberty

7.8

Based on 1238 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Hasn't stopped in 10 years!

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, hard working,"

Cons: "Gas mileage, interior lighting"

"I love my Liberty. No major mechanical problems as I keep up with preventive maintenance, My biggest problem has been with the sensors. I've replaced 6, some multiple times. It's not the most comfortable vehicle, in terms of seating, for long trips and the interior lighting set up is very poor as there is no dome light over the second seat. The power window controls are in the center console which everyone who rides with me seems to find odd but I'm used to them now. There's only 1 exterior door lock, in the driver's door, which can be a pain if you don't have the key fob to unlock the other doors. I have the tow package & have towed a smallish trailer & a pontoon boat with no problem [not at the same time]. I've never had a problem in the snow or mud. The interior's getting worn now & she's starting to show some rust at the bottom of the doors but is still going strong at over 240,000 miles (that's not a typo)."

Very reliable

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Safe, reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "Running boards rust out"

"My liberty almost has 140K miles on it & it is still running strong. I am starting to have small problems here & there that are cheap fixes, but that is expected when cars get older. This was my first vehicle when I was 15, & I am now turning 22 & I still love my jeep like the first day I bought it. I feel safe & secure at all times. They aren't making libertys anymore but if anyone can get their hands on a certified pre-owned liberty, I would suggest doing so!"

Great power and toughness

By on Sunday, May 18, 2014

Pros: "Powerful engine in a small package..."

Cons: "No interior compartments"

"I agree with a previous review that used the word "Spartan". The Liberty is not a "comfort car"...BUT I find that the seats are well designed, the car rides HIGH which I liked a lot for the safety factor. This little buggy has the power of a full sized Jeep. I am able to tow a small camper with it and not feel any drag. Great engine. Could be better on gas mileage, but then you would sacrifice some power. The interior does not allow for any hidden compartments for your jumper cables or personal items except for one small glove compartment...This is one of the few negatives."

This was my first car and I love it!

By on Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, great quality"

Cons: "Windows come off track"

"I got this car used 1t 40,000 miles and it is almost up to 120,000 miles now and it has been a wonderful vehicle! I have just recently had to have some costly repairs done to the AC, but it has been a champ!"

Great vehicle owned since 2003

By on Monday, May 12, 2014

"Great vehicle! Owned since 2003. Typical four wheel drive gas millege average is 17.6 Steering is still tight and handles great. Never let me down int he winter, always started in below zero weather. Great radio system and speakers. Love heated seats."