2004 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1276 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Excellent value; DOES ride like a jeep

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

Pros: "see above"

"4WD gets you around even on icy snow conditions (of course, not on ice alone). Rides kinda rough but better tires helped this. DID have repeated problems with emission system; orig catalytic converter was from CA, which initially contributed to confusion of getting the appropriate replacement. I don't know if it's faulty design but , for the last 2-3 years, I've had to replace cat or 02 sensors, ea year, to pass emissions (seems that this might be attributable to not getting to the cause of the problem, however, in my opinion). The seats stain TERRIBLY, even with water, which is asinine for a JEEP but I still feel like the benefit of being able to get around places that others cant (secondary to 4WD and V6, the room to haul my consignment finds, and longevity make this a great value. Plus , it's cute"

Love My Little Liberty

By on Sunday, March 08, 2015

Pros: "Fun, adorable, reliable"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"I used to get a new car every three years. Saw this one as a 2006 in 2011 and fell in love, traded in my newer Mazda for it! Very reliable, I've only had to replace the sunroof. I lucked out, it only had 25,000 miles after 5 years, and it's still just under 60k at 9 years old, so I'm planning to keep it for a long time!"

Ok!

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "reliability, offroad capability, great value"

Cons: "gas milage, cargo space, subpar electronics"

"Pretty good car. At 12 years and 170K miles, it's beginning to show signs of Chrysler-itis -- hesitates to start when cold, small electronics failing (side mirrors, window regulator, door solenoid) -- that I tend to see on late model, high-mileage Chryslers. I get a steady 20 mpg on the highway. Not nearly as good as most SUVs these days, but still pretty good for a dedicated 4WD. I do wish the cargo space was bigger - it's not very deep with the seats up. Nothing serious has failed, just had to replace various parts (radiator, condenser, ball joints), and nothing before 150K other than typical maintenance. Engine valve covers tend to leak. I'm just now starting to have problems with the 4WD transmission - it's loud and hesitates to shift back into 2WD. Overall, I have no reason to suspect that the powertrain won't last another 100K miles."

Solid little 4x4!

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "great price."

Cons: "not the best gas mileage for a small 4x4."

"The only downfall to my Jeep is the gas mileage.Only gets about 16-17 mpg. It was the first vehicle I bought on my own, without my husband or anyone coming with me. It is great in the snow! Outdoes the other Jeeps we have owned in the winter. I have owned it for 8 yrs. and I feel I have definitely got my moneys worth"

Great car well taken care of

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, love the car"

"Bought new and used as family car for several years. My wife drove to work, about 10 miles, on state hiway. We could not part with Liberty after buying new Maxima"