2004 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1293 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

No major issues here!

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Pros: "style, safety and reliability"

"I have owned my Liberty Limited 4x4 since new in 2007. I have 125k miles and have only had to replace brakes at 90k and have replaced tires twice. Window regulators have broken on every window (some twice) but replaced by Jeep at no cost (they have a 7year/unlimited miles warranty from Jeep). A little inconvient but easy fix. This Liberty has been 100% reliable with no real issues to date. I would buy another in a second! Anyone who says it isn't reliable in wet weather needs to replace their factory tires. I had slipping issues at first but once I replaced the tires my Liberty stuck to the road! Also, anyone complaining about the gas mileage obviously didn't read the sticker - there should be no shock at the low mpg - the known price for owning a Liberty. Personally, I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who wants a smaller suv that has offroad capability and Jeep style. I couldn't be happier with my American made purchase. Here is hoping for another 125k miles!"

We have bonded.

By on Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Pros: "A champion on slick ice and snow."

Cons: "Burns a lot of gas."

"I originally thought this was a not quite up to speed. Over the years I have learned to really enjoy and respect this car. It loves ice and snow. It has been reliable and not needed an a lot of repairs. We have 160,000 miles on it and plan to go over 200,000. I am even thinking about buying another one or similar someday. Some people don't think the Liberty is a real Jeep, you don't know what you are missing. My primary negative issue is the mileage. It may dream of 20/mpg but it is doubtful it will ever get there."

comfy 4-wheel drive

By on Monday, November 05, 2012

Pros: "4-wheel drive, reliable, rugged, comfortable"

Cons: "power windows"

"I wasn't initially sold on driving a Liberty... I previously owned a Wrangler and enjoyed the fact that it didn't have a lot of extras (or any for that matter). However, the Liberty has definitely out done the Wrangler. It is rugged enough to handle the roads where I live (I require 4-wheel drive daily), yet has the comforts of a car. It has also lasted 217,000 miles and counting. This vehicle is comfortable for city, highway, and off road/gravel road driving (all of which I do regularly). The Liberty is also comfortable and spacious for passengers. I love everything about this vehicle, with one exception, the power windows, which are guaranteed to go out."

Extremely reliable motor & transmission; 7-years +

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Dependable transportation & occassional hauling"

Cons: "would have liked better mileage, but was OK"

"Extremely reliable motor & transmission. In over 110,000 miles, my Jeep Liberty has required nothing more than regular maintenance, which I always expected to provide. For Iowa winters with much ice and snow, the shift into 4-wheel drive has made it dependable in all kinds of weather. The trade off is that gas mileage suffers in 4-wheel drive mode. Most driving on paved roads is with 2-wheel traction and gets 18-19 miles per gallon. The front bucket seats have been very supportive for long trips. The tight turning radius has also allowed me to do a quick u-turn (traffic permitting!) on standard width roadways if I missed a turn in unfamiliar areas. Some people might complain that the ride can be a little jumpy, but it never bothered me. I was driving a Jeep and I liked how it felt to drive."

Has been a good vehicle with limited repairs need

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Gets around great in winter, and fun to drive"

Cons: "poor gas milage, bubble up rust by 3rd brake light"

Libby at home

"The gas milage is just as rated unfortunately, as this has been a great vehicle. I am ready for my 3rd set of tires. I still have the original brakes on it, but will need replacing soon. I like to service a vehicle myself and the Liberty is easy to service. Otherwise I have had a water pump, battery, belt, and spark plugs and wires replaced. The transmission has also been serviced every 30k miles. Hope to pass this vehicle to my daughter next year."

Libby at home