2004 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1269 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Ok!

By on Monday, March 02, 2015

Pros: "reliability, offroad capability, great value"

Cons: "gas milage, cargo space, subpar electronics"

"Pretty good car. At 12 years and 170K miles, it's beginning to show signs of Chrysler-itis -- hesitates to start when cold, small electronics failing (side mirrors, window regulator, door solenoid) -- that I tend to see on late model, high-mileage Chryslers. I get a steady 20 mpg on the highway. Not nearly as good as most SUVs these days, but still pretty good for a dedicated 4WD. I do wish the cargo space was bigger - it's not very deep with the seats up. Nothing serious has failed, just had to replace various parts (radiator, condenser, ball joints), and nothing before 150K other than typical maintenance. Engine valve covers tend to leak. I'm just now starting to have problems with the 4WD transmission - it's loud and hesitates to shift back into 2WD. Overall, I have no reason to suspect that the powertrain won't last another 100K miles."

Solid little 4x4!

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "great price."

Cons: "not the best gas mileage for a small 4x4."

"The only downfall to my Jeep is the gas mileage.Only gets about 16-17 mpg. It was the first vehicle I bought on my own, without my husband or anyone coming with me. It is great in the snow! Outdoes the other Jeeps we have owned in the winter. I have owned it for 8 yrs. and I feel I have definitely got my moneys worth"

Great car well taken care of

By on Thursday, February 19, 2015

Pros: "Fun to drive, love the car"

"Bought new and used as family car for several years. My wife drove to work, about 10 miles, on state hiway. We could not part with Liberty after buying new Maxima"

Loved it, would buy it again

By on Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Pros: "Versatile, nimble, comfortable, tough, useful"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage"

"Bought 2002 vehicle in 2005 with 65K miles on it, drove it to 2015 with 116K miles. Equipped with leather, auto, CD, 2WD. It was the perfect size for a woman and a very versatile, useful vehicle, even though the MPG was poor. I happen to like the rough Jeep ride, so bumps don't bother me. Head room was poor for a man over 6' but fine for me. When repairs started to cost more than the vehicle was worth, it broke my heart. I'd buy it again in a New York minute, but they have stopped making the Liberty."

very reliable

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "Very Reliable, smooth ride, plenty of room"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"We purchased a 2002 Jeep Liberty Limited edition in 2004 with 45,000 miles on it.11 years later the Jeep is still running perfect with 397,000 on the Jeep. With a vehicle at this age and mileage yes there is some work to do on it, A/C not working, upper and lower ball joints need to be replaced, just typical upkeep of the car."