2003 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1256 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Reliable

By on Friday, July 25, 2014

Pros: "Mechanically sound, attractive vehicle, fun"

Cons: "Paint has chipped on front bumper"

"Purchased new. ONLY problem was both rear passenger window apparatus had to be replaced. I have been very happy with this vehicle. Vehicle is tight, no rattles, etc. very happy with performance."

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Pros: "Fits a smaller frame woman's body perfectly."

Cons: "Windows"

"Would have listed it as a 10 out of 10 were it not for the design flaw with the windows and their all needing to be fixed. The mechanism holding them up broke on all of them over the years and the rear windows needed to be completely replaced. This is the only thing that was not a plus about this vehicle and it was a design flaw, not a specific vehicle flaw. otherwise, I am a Jeep devotee."

I LLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE my Jeep

By on Thursday, July 17, 2014

Pros: "looks great, runs great,great gas mileage"

"this is my second Jeep and the first one was just as good as this one but it was tired and had to put down, so I got another one and LOVE it even more."

The SUV that does more than warranted

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "on road or off its sure to surprise"

Cons: "the infamous liberty window regulators"

"I'm going to start out by saying i have really put this car through it's paces. I drive everyday on the interstate for about 45mins each way and then on the weekends I take it offroading, a lot. Most people here don't care if it can climb a pile of rocks or splash through some mud but, that's exactly my point. This is an SUV that keeps on giving. On road it handles fine, and responds well. In most every category its satisfactory. for what it is (A Jeep) it does everything I've ever wanted. Just a side note, the tan cloth seats stain with water worse than it does grease."

Unstoppable.

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, powerful, comfortable, easy to work on,"

Cons: "window lift plates wear too quickly"

"Since I have had my Liberty I've been commuting in and out of Manhattan 5 days a week and off roading on the weekends once or twice a month. After 4 years and 55k miles (112k total) of that sort of abuse, It's still running strong and still getting the job done. -Despite very worn tires and no lift, the only time I have ever been stuck was when I was driving through my friends backyard in 3 feet of virgin snow -Street parking in Manhattan means that your car is going to be hit... ALOT. Despite this, the only damage my Liberty shows from the daily barrage of car doors, cars backing into the front, cars hitting the back, and drunks puking on my hood the only obvious damage it shows is that my front license plate has been beaten to the contours of the bumper. -As far as non-maintence repairs go, I have broken (4) window lift plates (not my fault), the transfer case position sensor (sort of my fault), and the passenger side mirror assembly (100% my fault for hitting something) One last note -I have towed trailers with my Jeep, but it tows like crp. If you plan to tow frequently with your next vehicle get a pickup or a suv with a wider and longer wheel base. Although capable it is not comfortable when you're towing."