2003 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1293 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

By on Thursday, July 12, 2007

"Bought a top of the line Liberty '02 second hand with around 20k on it. So far I've put another 35K on it and the car runs perfectly. Solid and agile car. Turning radius is much smaller than PT cruiser, for example, which is small car in comparison. And Jeep is a 4 wheel drive. Only complaints that I have are the hig gas consumption and regurlar brake pad replacements."

Overall Great, Poor Seat Fabric, Window Issue

By on Tuesday, April 10, 2007

"The car handles great and is very comfortable. Folding rear seat allows large items. The fabric on the seat very EASILY STAIN with as little as a water drip. Had problem with the driver's window "falling off the track". Had to have it serviced twice and a separate track put in due to design flaw. Overall great, fun vehicle, despite irritation from window and seats."

Excellent value; DOES ride like a jeep

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

Pros: "see above"

"4WD gets you around even on icy snow conditions (of course, not on ice alone). Rides kinda rough but better tires helped this. DID have repeated problems with emission system; orig catalytic converter was from CA, which initially contributed to confusion of getting the appropriate replacement. I don't know if it's faulty design but , for the last 2-3 years, I've had to replace cat or 02 sensors, ea year, to pass emissions (seems that this might be attributable to not getting to the cause of the problem, however, in my opinion). The seats stain TERRIBLY, even with water, which is asinine for a JEEP but I still feel like the benefit of being able to get around places that others cant (secondary to 4WD and V6, the room to haul my consignment finds, and longevity make this a great value. Plus , it's cute"

start ever time goes well in high snow very duraba

By on Sunday, March 02, 2014

Pros: "goes any where"

Cons: "none i have found"

"very dependable start and stop rate 10 easy on gas would buy another one if i don't get what i want i will keep still has a lot of life in it"

I best Vehicle I ever own . Love it.

By on Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Pros: "Get in bad weather and fun to drive for me."

Cons: "MPG and little things like Cigerette lighter went"

"I have owned this vehicle for over 10 years and have had little problems with it. I do wish it had better gas mpg but it gave me everything I wanted. It was fun to drive and could go in bad weather or just in ruff roads. I even named it because it did feel like a good old friend to me. Now my son is getting his DL and I am passing along to him. Wish him as much enjoyment from it as I have had. It's a nice feeling to hand over your car to your son and know that he is getting a good car not some piece or junk."

10 years now & still Extremely Reliable!

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "No Major Maintenance issue's, easy to drive"

Cons: "Minor Window regulator issue"

"I purchased this vehicle 10 years ago new & have not had a single major issue. I can't say that about any other vehicle I've owned. It's been so reliable, easy to drive convenient for space etc. Minor issue is the window regulators have broke a few times but I consider this a minor issue."

Love this Jeep

By on Wednesday, August 08, 2012

"I bought this Jeep to have to flexability of the winters here in upstate NY and this is just even a great summer Vehicle. It has a lot of room inside and hold a lot to stuff. Took a bit of getting use to where the window controls are but I managed. It has a good amount of power when you need it so you can go just about anywheres with it. Very easy to put in 4 wheel drive and take out. I'm very impressed with this vehicle."

love this it is easy and fun to drive reliable

By on Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Pros: "everything, easy to manage in tight places"

Cons: "just cant fit all my friends who want to ride in i"

"loved it from day one very fun and easy to drive decent on gas gets me anywhere i need to go regardless of weather conditions, all my friends since riding with me now either want one or have bought one. recommend it? absolutely"

I LOVE my Jeep!

By on Saturday, December 03, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, comfortable"

Cons: "Gas mileage could be better"

"This has been the most trouble free vehicle I have ever owned, and I've owned a lot of vehicles over the years. I bought it new, it had 4 miles on it, and I drove it approximately 80 miles a day, back and forth to work, highway miles, for 5 years. Never once did it not start right up and go. And in the snowstorms, I put it in 4 wheel drive and got where I was going every time! The only thing we've had to do is regular maintenance and new tires and brakes. Wonderful vehicle!!!"

GREAT WINTER VEHICLE

By on Monday, September 01, 2008

"Wife used the Liberty since new. Commuted 30 miles roundtrip through all kinds of weather. Never worried about her with this vehicle or any other Jeep we've owned."

Best Car I Have Ever Owned

By on Saturday, October 27, 2007

"Absolutely the best car I have ever owned. Just change the oil every 3,000 miles and no problems. I bought this car new and now have it and a 2007 model. Anyone who wants a dependable reasonably priced 4X4, this is your car! Gas mileage is very consistent: 20 City 22 Hwy. Best gas mileage: 22 city 24 Hwy. Worst gas mileage: 18 city 20 Hwy. Fun factor is a 10! Like I said - best car I have ever owned"

Excellent vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"I just paid off my Jeep Liberty LTD. I have had no major problems and I will keep it until it literally falls apart! The only small gripe I have is that the tires put on at the factory are total junk and I put on better ones that grip better in the winter. This is my third Jeep and I will always have one! Great vehicles!"

would do it again!

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"We've owned two Grand Cherokees, but when it came time to look for a new one - found that the Liberty gave all the things we wanted, with the true "tough-guy" look a Jeep should have, for about $10,000 less! One thing I would change - is the material the carpet is made from. whatever it is, it's not "fur-friendly". My dog goes everywhere with me, and he does shed, it is very hard to get the dog fur vacuumed out of the carpet."

excellent car in snow or town driving

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "convenient 4WD car for winter driving"

Cons: "passenger compartment crowded"

"I have been very pleased with this car and just want one with more passenger room and automatic drive. It's energetic, easy to park and maneuver, gets fairly good mileage, and has been very convenient in winter driving."

Very reliable

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "Safe, reliable, fun to drive"

Cons: "Running boards rust out"

"My liberty almost has 140K miles on it & it is still running strong. I am starting to have small problems here & there that are cheap fixes, but that is expected when cars get older. This was my first vehicle when I was 15, & I am now turning 22 & I still love my jeep like the first day I bought it. I feel safe & secure at all times. They aren't making libertys anymore but if anyone can get their hands on a certified pre-owned liberty, I would suggest doing so!"

Owned for 10+years. Great vehicle.

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Pros: "great compact suv."

Cons: "bad gas mileage, window parts break."

"Very reliable vehicle. Gets around on the trails very well. Handles good but at highway speed steering is touchy. Clear coat started fading and chipping off at 8 yrs old. Power windows had same issue as 95% of all Libertys. Cheap plastic part breaks and window drops fully open. Repaired it and the other side broke about 6 months later. Ended up doing the "wire tie" repair method. Passengers side inside door handle broke off at 9 years old. Only thing I have done to it is change the oil and tires and feed it gasoline."

I love this vehicle!!! Best purchase I ever made!!

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Reasonably priced! Perfect size"

"This is my first 4 wheel drive vehicle! The best investment I have ever made!! Living in New England you need something like this!!"

I'll definately get another Liberty!

By on Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, plenty of room"

Cons: "Drinks gas, limited leg room in backseat"

"I have a 2004 Liberty that has been a dream for me since I purchased it 6 years ago. I have fixed minor"

Dependable and Economical

By on Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Pros: "Reliabilty, simplicity, and maneuverability."

Cons: "Fuel economy, transmission"

"I have owned my 2003 Liberty for 7 years now. The car has never had any mechanical issues and feels like it will run for another 100k miles. It is incredibly easy to drive and the mechanics and electrics are simple, so theres not a whole lot that can go wrong. Finally, the 4WD system allows this car to be driven in ANY terrain. Dependable, versatile, and as reliable as an old sofa, whats not to love?"

overall, a decent vehicle

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

"i've owned it for 5 years and haven't had to do many major repairs. other than the so/so gas mileage, it's been a pretty good ride. bought it with 88,000 miles and now have 177,000! little bit of rust but the motor's still goin strong! if the new body style wasn't so plain, i might consider getting a new one."

Very practical car

By on Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Pros: "Enjoy driving it, very practical yet not too large"

Cons: "gas mileage is iffy"

"This was the third car i ever owned and i actually inherited it from my sister. I have to say it's been very good to me and it is a pretty good looking car."

Best car ever owned.

By on Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pros: "Dependable, attractive, quick response, powerful, fun."

Cons: "Must contact dealer/Jeep USA re: getting the rear window motor replaced."

"This is my 4th Jeep and my 2nd Liberty Ltd. My current Jeep is an 06 2WD. I found that I never needed the 4WD drive version - as the 2WD low range is more than enough for hills, etc. I contacted the Jeep USA/and the local dealer..who was able to get my driver's side rear window motor replaced- at no cost to me. I had to replace the same on my 2002. I am now retired and want to sell this Jeep and buy another 2002-2003, as mileage is not a factor. I would recommend this car for anyone-looking for a dependable, attractive, fun vehicle."

Solid SUV

By on Wednesday, July 21, 2010

"I purchased my 2004 Liberty Sport 4X4 new and it now has 65k miles on it, never had any major repairs. Although I wasn't thrilled with its "cute" look, I have found out that looks can be deceiving. I live in upstate ny with rather brutal winters and this little jeep can blow through anything the weather can dish out. It has excellent towing capacity, have pulled my 20' boat on it with no problems, plenty of power. Room is fairly adequate, gas mileage is okay. Overall a great value and very reliable vehicle."

Loves My Jeep

By on Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"When I bought my Liberty I was torn between the Liberty and the Nitro. I ended up chosing the Liberty because of the look of the vehicle and the feeling of height I got while sitting behind the wheel. What I love most about it is that visibility is awesome. My leather seats are comfy for long rides and the beast starts reliably when the mercury dips below -40. I replaced the factory tires with better ones and I have never had a problem with traction on ice or in the mud. Lots of power for passing, lots of room in the back for my goalie bag. I loves my Jeep Liberty."

Bought two, more to come

By on Friday, September 11, 2009

"I bought 2 2003 Jeep Liberties on the same day, brand new. I still have them, more than 6 years later. Neither one has EVER broken down. There have been zero mechanical problems. They have 60 to 70 thousand miles on them. These are the two best vehicles I've ever owned. When I trade them in, it will be for two new Jeeps. One of them was recently rear-ended. There was no visable damage to the Jeep but the car that hit me was totalled!"