2003 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1256 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

I love this vehicle! Great around town & off road

By on Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Pros: "Great value,dependable,easy driver"

Cons: "Front seats are not long enough"

"I have had this vehicle for 9 years and except for the air cond compressor all I have done is the regular maint. (I go by the manual) I have had NO problems. I take it off road on a regular basis, drive it daily to work,16mpg in town, 19mpg free way. All work is at the dealer or a very good repair shop (repair shop has been operating for over 60 years, family owned all that time). For the price, you can't get a better deal. Off road is in mountains, over big rocks(I have factory skid plates), desert, forest trails, anywhere I want to go."

not a wrangler, but a great jeep

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "durable, reliable, looks good, its a jeep"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"i bought my 2005 liberty renegade over a year ago. i wasnt a big fan of the liberty but i decided to buy this because of the slightly different body style of the renegade. ive put almost 20,000 miles on it and ive only done regular maintenance such as oil and brakes. no major repairs. ive seen a lot of complaints about failing window motors, leg room, and reliability but ive had only good luck with this one. its frame and body are holding off the rust very well. bad gas mileage. decent power and does fine on the freeway. great in the snow and mud. most of my driving is on road but some has been off road. im 6'2 and dont have any issues with leg room as the driver, the seat moves far enough back. hopefully i can drive it for another 100,000 miles as ive seen some other people in the reviews."

Great Small utility multi-use vehicle

By on Friday, September 26, 2014

Pros: "turns on a dime"

Cons: "rear seat back doesn't lay flat"

"Take good care of your Liberty with regular preventive maintenance and it will run indefinitely with no glitches. It turns on a dime and can be parked anywhere. It's a great car for hauling smaller loads, camping, off road transportation, beach driving, bicycle rack, carrying a kayak or canoe. Head space is probably better for people 5'8" or less to drive. Only negative is rear seat back doesn't lay completely flat when folded down."

Great vehicle, no rust after 12 years.

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Good handling, very dependable."

Cons: "Poor gas mileage. Could use a little more storage"

"No rust after 12 years of every day use. Never had any mechanical issues. No breakdowns. Headlight lens never clouded up. It does bounce a little due to its short wheelbase over rough roads, but its easy to park. Great light truck overall, one of Jeep's best buys. Jeep built a new plant in Toledo, Ohio to build the Liberty and they did it right. Thanks Jeep"

Best overall vehicle

By on Thursday, September 11, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, Fun, great sound system, spacious back"

Cons: "MPG"

"This Jeep has been reliable from the start. It handles great in all weather & the 4 wheel drive part-time is good too. I commuted 30 miles one way with going over a mountain pass. In the winter it always has snow on it. I never had any problems getting to work & back. My only complaint was the gas mileage. Average of 18mpg. I recently purchased another vehicle & am having a hard time getting rid of the Jeep!"

I love my car, wouldn't trade for anything else.

By on Monday, September 08, 2014

Pros: "Great at towing and in slick conditions"

Cons: "Not very spacious."

"It is a great car. Got me got through a tough winter without problems. I have had it since 2008. Replaced the brakes and rotors twice. In 2014 I have replaced water pump, radiator, timing belt, and head gaskets. I have put hard work on this thing and was never disappointed."

excellent car in snow or town driving

By on Thursday, September 04, 2014

Pros: "convenient 4WD car for winter driving"

Cons: "passenger compartment crowded"

"I have been very pleased with this car and just want one with more passenger room and automatic drive. It's energetic, easy to park and maneuver, gets fairly good mileage, and has been very convenient in winter driving."

This vehicle has pleased me for 10 years.

By on Sunday, August 24, 2014

"I have had no major problems with this vehicle until recently and I have had it over ten years. When it died it died (engine failure)."

Best SUV I ever owned. 30 mpg. on long trips.

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Diesels are low maintanence and run forever."

Cons: "Fuel costs a bit more but 30 mpg makes up for that"

"No mechanical problems with this jeep and the diesel can tow more and is faster than the gas engine.Starts great on the coldest winter day. What a sweet ride!"

Best bang for the buck

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "Great price, great acceleration fun and sporty"

Cons: "None yet"

"I recently purchased the liberty and although I've only had it a day I love it. Driving home from los angeles I have a 6% grade to climb which it handled no problem at 70mph. I had only driven two other liberties before I bought this one. I was impressed with the acceleration and tight feel of the steering. I drove it down a rough road on purpose and absolutely no rattles. The timing chain engine was a major upside of the liberty because typically you can hear timing chain components before they break. The interior was in perfect condition and you could tell that the owner had been very diligent about the maintenance on the vehicle. After seeing, driving, and feeling the difference it was apparent that proper maintenance was the key to success with the liberty. After searching for weeks and comparing the xterra, Honda, Toyota, Saturn, and several other suv's, I found that they were all terribly overpriced because of the name. I believe that for the money, the liberty was a great investment and hopefully will be a great vehicle for many years to come."