2003 Jeep Liberty

7.8

Based on 1238 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Unstoppable.

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Reliable, powerful, comfortable, easy to work on,"

Cons: "window lift plates wear too quickly"

"Since I have had my Liberty I've been commuting in and out of Manhattan 5 days a week and off roading on the weekends once or twice a month. After 4 years and 55k miles (112k total) of that sort of abuse, It's still running strong and still getting the job done. -Despite very worn tires and no lift, the only time I have ever been stuck was when I was driving through my friends backyard in 3 feet of virgin snow -Street parking in Manhattan means that your car is going to be hit... ALOT. Despite this, the only damage my Liberty shows from the daily barrage of car doors, cars backing into the front, cars hitting the back, and drunks puking on my hood the only obvious damage it shows is that my front license plate has been beaten to the contours of the bumper. -As far as non-maintence repairs go, I have broken (4) window lift plates (not my fault), the transfer case position sensor (sort of my fault), and the passenger side mirror assembly (100% my fault for hitting something) One last note -I have towed trailers with my Jeep, but it tows like crp. If you plan to tow frequently with your next vehicle get a pickup or a suv with a wider and longer wheel base. Although capable it is not comfortable when you're towing."

Very enjoyable vehicle

By on Wednesday, June 18, 2014

"Perfect car. Used for going to work and trips 70-150 miles occasionally. Handling good. Seats very comfortable and heated. Very nice when it is winter time. It is a VERY dependable vehicle."

LOVE the 4wheel drive in the winter

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "the 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "the gas mileage"

"I never get stuck in the winter... drive right by many cars that are stuck in a snow storm! The only bad thing is the gas mileage seems like I am always at the gas station :( but if you live in New England with all the snow its worth it!"

Worst vehicle ever

By on Saturday, May 24, 2014

Pros: "nice leg room, roomy but compact"

Cons: "gas milage, wiring, and any other defects"

"When we first bought our Jeep, it ran very well and smoothly. We even loved it. Then every year, the car started getting worse and worse. At first it was simple things like the head and back lights constantly going out. Which is fine. Then the wiring went wrong, the back windows stopped functioning, and finally an ignition switch defect. Of course this all happened within a 3 year time frame, not a matter of months. Once all the defects were repaired, the A/C belt went bad and the car over heated. Which resulted in us taking the car to a mechanic. After spending a week and a half working on it, and the car breaking down two more times with him, the mechanic told us it would be more beneficial for us to sell the car as is then to pay to fix it. At first we thought maybe it was just how we were taking care of the car, but we have a 1999 Honda Civic that's in perfect condition."

Fine, strong SUV. Trail certified, good break pads

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Excellent Engine, Mercedes CRD, 2.8 L. Diesel"

"Great, dependable"