2003 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1254 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

great value 4x4, great warranty

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"we bought our 2003 jeep liberty used - 1 year old. it has been great! definately reliable. absolutely a strong, sturdy well-manufactured vehicle. the best part is the price - for a 4 wheel drive 4x4 from a trusted company, the liberty is a steal. also appealing to us at time of purchase was the fact that the 3 year and 7 year warranties were transferrable to us even though the vehicle was used. other car companies did not transfer the warranty to a new owner on used vehicles. only complaint is the occassional hydroplaning on wet surfaces/rain when in the 2 wheel drive mode. ride can be bumpy to those used to compact cars and the back seats are bit cramped, but since we have no children, not a problem for us. and the comfort of the front seats over long car trips makes up for the back! overall, i highly recommend the jeep liberty!!!"

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"The only downside is the gas mileage. It doesn't get all that great of mileage for such a compact SUV. I love this vehicle, my favorite so far to drive, it has lots of power. I want to own another after this one."

great car with no resale

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I bought an 04 sport model in 2005. In the two years I have owned this Liberty I have just loved it! It can tow my boat (18 ft Searay), it handles water, mud and dirt without a problem. It rides well in town and with a short turning radious I have no issues with parking or offroad driving. The only complaint I have is the rear defrost cable popped loose recently. (I'll have it sodered back on.) Other than that I have not had any problems with this car. For those who complain about the gas mileage, remember this is an SUV! If you want good gas mileage get a hybrid. Regarding the car's value - I dropped the score to a three due to its resale. I have enjoyed this car so much that I wanted to trade it in on a new 2007 model (the new 2008 are ugly looking Dodge Nitros). Unfortunately the value of the liberty dropped for some reason. So looks like I will be keeping mine til its paid off. Not sure why the value dropped since my experience has been nothing but positive. Anyway with the drop in value I think that finding a used one would be a steal."

jeep what can i say

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"jeep, what can i say. gas mileage could be better. some recalls, some complaints, BRAKES!!! OIL FILTER could be in an easier place to get at"