2003 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1249 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Libby never lets me down

By on Friday, August 03, 2007

"I bought my 2004 Liberty "Libby" in 2005 used and it hasn't skipped a beat and never lets me down. I live in a rural area that gets a lot of snow and ice and the 4WD piles through the muck without flinching. I'm a mobile DJ and my equipment fits nicely into the back with easy in/out loading. Sure there has been a recall on the ball joints - but I got the girl's oil changed at the same time I got the ball joints replaced so it was really no big deal. Only downfall I have experienced so far is the back end seems skiddish around corners on wet conditions. Fish tails easy if you're not driving careful. If taking off on a slightly wet incline you'll spin out - so you have to pop it into 4WD if you're entering a busy street so that you don't halt traffic. Factory tires that come with it are a bit rough - changing out the tires gave me a smoother ride. Resale/Trade-In value sinks like dead weight so I only gave it 3 stars for that. Overall - very pleased - I can climb through the roughest of terrains or shine her up and drive her out on the town."

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

worse vehicle I have owned

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

"This vehicle has been dangerous in slick conditions. I have also had a problem with a sensor that caused the speedometer to go out and cruise control to go out and also the vehicle would shut off while I was driving.. just shut off and it was very hard to steer when this happened. One time I was making a turn when the vehicle turned off and I almost had an accident because it was very hard for me to steer into the turn. All was related to this sensor that had to be replaced 4 times."

Not a rain vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"I bought this car for my kids thinking that it would perform well. In rain they literally can only go about 10 mph around a turn or the back end slides as if you're on an ice slick. It's horrible and I really wonder how safe it is. I like that it tells the tire pressure and has the heated seats and the sun roof, but if they slide off the road then what good is it? Also the mileage STINKS at approx. 15 mpg. What's up with that? It's a cute car, but if I had it to do all over again I wouldn't have gotten it. I thought the 4 wheel drive would make it safer, but I've never had a car that slides around on the road like this one does! SCARY!"

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"have had my liberty since Nov of 03 and have not had any trouble with it at all. it is a very sharp looking vehicle. I love it!"