2002 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1258 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

Previous | 1 ... 49 50 51 | Next

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"Ordered new in 2002 Limited 4X4. Wife loves it. I think its made for a woman. Not that comfortable for me. Mileage could be better. Resale value poor. Overall very few problems other than recalls. Its great for parking and intown traffic."

LIKE A CAR

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"This mid-size SUV rides like a dream - you feel like riding in a luxury vehicle, not a typical SUV. Very good on gas mileage. Enough room in the back with seats laid down to carry quite a bit of miscellaneous cargo."

Wife loves,,,her 2nd one

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"She lover the room, and its not to big. This is her 2nd liberty, and she says that is is the best car she has had."

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

Libby never lets me down

By on Friday, August 03, 2007

"I bought my 2004 Liberty "Libby" in 2005 used and it hasn't skipped a beat and never lets me down. I live in a rural area that gets a lot of snow and ice and the 4WD piles through the muck without flinching. I'm a mobile DJ and my equipment fits nicely into the back with easy in/out loading. Sure there has been a recall on the ball joints - but I got the girl's oil changed at the same time I got the ball joints replaced so it was really no big deal. Only downfall I have experienced so far is the back end seems skiddish around corners on wet conditions. Fish tails easy if you're not driving careful. If taking off on a slightly wet incline you'll spin out - so you have to pop it into 4WD if you're entering a busy street so that you don't halt traffic. Factory tires that come with it are a bit rough - changing out the tires gave me a smoother ride. Resale/Trade-In value sinks like dead weight so I only gave it 3 stars for that. Overall - very pleased - I can climb through the roughest of terrains or shine her up and drive her out on the town."

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

worse vehicle I have owned

By on Thursday, August 02, 2007

"This vehicle has been dangerous in slick conditions. I have also had a problem with a sensor that caused the speedometer to go out and cruise control to go out and also the vehicle would shut off while I was driving.. just shut off and it was very hard to steer when this happened. One time I was making a turn when the vehicle turned off and I almost had an accident because it was very hard for me to steer into the turn. All was related to this sensor that had to be replaced 4 times."

Not a rain vehicle

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"I bought this car for my kids thinking that it would perform well. In rain they literally can only go about 10 mph around a turn or the back end slides as if you're on an ice slick. It's horrible and I really wonder how safe it is. I like that it tells the tire pressure and has the heated seats and the sun roof, but if they slide off the road then what good is it? Also the mileage STINKS at approx. 15 mpg. What's up with that? It's a cute car, but if I had it to do all over again I wouldn't have gotten it. I thought the 4 wheel drive would make it safer, but I've never had a car that slides around on the road like this one does! SCARY!"

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"have had my liberty since Nov of 03 and have not had any trouble with it at all. it is a very sharp looking vehicle. I love it!"

Good...But...

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2007

"I Have had this vehicle for nine months. Four window regulators later, we have to take it back in for another regulator this week. Add rear brakes again at 12k miles and a problem with the a/c blower that's now been recalled....otherwise it's a good vehicle"

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"love driving this jeep....smooth ride, handles like a dream....during a storm the horn went off and woke up the whole town...disconnected it and reconnected and it never happened again."

Like not love

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"I have the renegade...there are a few things I don't like -- first, the lights up above -- I thought they would give a more round view at night when off roading but they only light up right in fron of you -- therefore there is NO peripheral vision at all. Very dangerous - when driving 55 on a dirt road at night. Number 2, I was disappointed in the roof rack although it looks very cool -- you can not -- without a lot of work -- put a thule on top for extra carry space. BIG BUMMER. Otherwise -- love the hum and the pop."

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"2nd jeep i have owned, quality and reliabity is 2nd to none"

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

great value 4x4, great warranty

By on Friday, July 27, 2007

"we bought our 2003 jeep liberty used - 1 year old. it has been great! definately reliable. absolutely a strong, sturdy well-manufactured vehicle. the best part is the price - for a 4 wheel drive 4x4 from a trusted company, the liberty is a steal. also appealing to us at time of purchase was the fact that the 3 year and 7 year warranties were transferrable to us even though the vehicle was used. other car companies did not transfer the warranty to a new owner on used vehicles. only complaint is the occassional hydroplaning on wet surfaces/rain when in the 2 wheel drive mode. ride can be bumpy to those used to compact cars and the back seats are bit cramped, but since we have no children, not a problem for us. and the comfort of the front seats over long car trips makes up for the back! overall, i highly recommend the jeep liberty!!!"

By on Thursday, July 26, 2007

"The only downside is the gas mileage. It doesn't get all that great of mileage for such a compact SUV. I love this vehicle, my favorite so far to drive, it has lots of power. I want to own another after this one."

great car with no resale

By on Wednesday, July 25, 2007

"I bought an 04 sport model in 2005. In the two years I have owned this Liberty I have just loved it! It can tow my boat (18 ft Searay), it handles water, mud and dirt without a problem. It rides well in town and with a short turning radious I have no issues with parking or offroad driving. The only complaint I have is the rear defrost cable popped loose recently. (I'll have it sodered back on.) Other than that I have not had any problems with this car. For those who complain about the gas mileage, remember this is an SUV! If you want good gas mileage get a hybrid. Regarding the car's value - I dropped the score to a three due to its resale. I have enjoyed this car so much that I wanted to trade it in on a new 2007 model (the new 2008 are ugly looking Dodge Nitros). Unfortunately the value of the liberty dropped for some reason. So looks like I will be keeping mine til its paid off. Not sure why the value dropped since my experience has been nothing but positive. Anyway with the drop in value I think that finding a used one would be a steal."

jeep what can i say

By on Tuesday, July 24, 2007

"jeep, what can i say. gas mileage could be better. some recalls, some complaints, BRAKES!!! OIL FILTER could be in an easier place to get at"

would do it again!

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"We've owned two Grand Cherokees, but when it came time to look for a new one - found that the Liberty gave all the things we wanted, with the true "tough-guy" look a Jeep should have, for about $10,000 less! One thing I would change - is the material the carpet is made from. whatever it is, it's not "fur-friendly". My dog goes everywhere with me, and he does shed, it is very hard to get the dog fur vacuumed out of the carpet."

06 Jeep Liberty Limited CRD

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"We traded-in our 04 Jeep Liberty Rocky Mt Edition 3.7 for a used 06 Liberty Limited CRD. The CRD's diesel engine and 5-speed automatic tranny correct all the short-comings of the underpowered gasoline powered V-6 and make this a wonderful vehicle for long-distance trips and towing. On 2 recent long-distance trips (Oklahoma to Las Vegas, NV & Las Vegas to Idaho) our CRD averaged 25 mpg (with cruise control mostly set at 78 mph). It just loafs up the long grades and the auto tranny never shifted down from 5th!"

Great diesel needs more torque at high speeds

By on Monday, July 23, 2007

"Being European I have been driving Diesel cars for many years. Over the last 10 years performance has improved drastically. In many cases the diesel versions are stronger and faster than their petrol twins. 0-62 mph within 10 seconds and top speeds above 120 mph are normal for regular cars. SUV’s like the Liberty accelerate slightly slower and have lower top speeds (± 100mph). The Liberty Diesel is a vehicle that has great torque at lower speeds and I really like the way it drives (interstate as well as driving on local gravel roads). A bit more noise that his petrol twin (3.7L), but still acceptable and nowhere near the noise of the heavy duty trucks (nor the smell either, actually). One entertaining side effect of the car are the surprised looks on gets from other folks when you are parked between the big rigs when topping up the tank. I have been asked more than once if I was aware that I poured diesel in the car. This Liberty Diesel is also great for towing a 2-horse bumper pull trailer. Being European, I really like the Benderup trailers that have a different rather fool proof braking system. Mileage is acceptable (25mpg) for US standards and it is nice to see after previously driving a Dodge RAM with a HEMI (11mgp) Even though the diesel liberty is more responsive that its petrol twin, at highway speeds it takes occasionally a little bit more time for the car to react to the accelerator. I have to admit that I am used to a lot of torque even in the highest gear at high speeds of 70mph and higher (VW & BMW, Volvo with stick shift driving), but this Liberty has to shift to lower gears, therefore it is required to press the accelerator a bit more aggressive and deeper than one is used to. Possibly also an effect of the automatic transmission. Turning radius is also really acceptable with 35.9 ft (11 meters) which is a foot less when compared to a car like the Chrysler PT Cruiser. When installing a hands free phone kit, I noticed that there is little room and a lot of plastic in the car, but it all is installed in a way that it does not squeak or rattle. The plastic interior does neither look classy nor tacky. With the leather seats in the plastic dashboard looks a little bit cheap, but still acceptable. All aspects combined I do like the car and the way it is driving."

By on Sunday, July 22, 2007