2002 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1286 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

comfy 4-wheel drive

By on Monday, November 05, 2012

Pros: "4-wheel drive, reliable, rugged, comfortable"

Cons: "power windows"

"I wasn't initially sold on driving a Liberty... I previously owned a Wrangler and enjoyed the fact that it didn't have a lot of extras (or any for that matter). However, the Liberty has definitely out done the Wrangler. It is rugged enough to handle the roads where I live (I require 4-wheel drive daily), yet has the comforts of a car. It has also lasted 217,000 miles and counting. This vehicle is comfortable for city, highway, and off road/gravel road driving (all of which I do regularly). The Liberty is also comfortable and spacious for passengers. I love everything about this vehicle, with one exception, the power windows, which are guaranteed to go out."

Sturdy and Reliable

By on Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Pros: "easy/affordable to repair, good gas milegage"

Cons: "A little on the small side"

"I purchased my Jeep Liberty brand spankin new and I have driven it with virtually no problems for 10 years and 180,000 miles! I have never had to do any major work to this vehicle. Last year, the radiator busted as did the radiator fan assembly, but this is not uncommon on a 9 year old car. Overall, my jeep has been reliable, sturdy and a great car."

Best vehicle I have ever owned! Drives like a car

By on Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Pros: "Good price, smooth ride, looks great!"

Cons: "I can not think of any!"

"I love this SUV! Never thought I would keep a vehicle more than five years but this one changed my mind. Drives so smooth and acceleration is fabulous, excellent long distance vehicle. Audio system is fantastic, better the my boyfriend's BMW!! One of the best looking vehicles out there, I still get lots of comments after nine years. It's been low maintenance and not bad on gas consumption. I intend on buying another one."

Extremely reliable motor & transmission; 7-years +

By on Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pros: "Dependable transportation & occassional hauling"

Cons: "would have liked better mileage, but was OK"

"Extremely reliable motor & transmission. In over 110,000 miles, my Jeep Liberty has required nothing more than regular maintenance, which I always expected to provide. For Iowa winters with much ice and snow, the shift into 4-wheel drive has made it dependable in all kinds of weather. The trade off is that gas mileage suffers in 4-wheel drive mode. Most driving on paved roads is with 2-wheel traction and gets 18-19 miles per gallon. The front bucket seats have been very supportive for long trips. The tight turning radius has also allowed me to do a quick u-turn (traffic permitting!) on standard width roadways if I missed a turn in unfamiliar areas. Some people might complain that the ride can be a little jumpy, but it never bothered me. I was driving a Jeep and I liked how it felt to drive."

Has been a good vehicle with limited repairs need

By on Monday, September 02, 2013

Pros: "Gets around great in winter, and fun to drive"

Cons: "poor gas milage, bubble up rust by 3rd brake light"

Libby at home

"The gas milage is just as rated unfortunately, as this has been a great vehicle. I am ready for my 3rd set of tires. I still have the original brakes on it, but will need replacing soon. I like to service a vehicle myself and the Liberty is easy to service. Otherwise I have had a water pump, battery, belt, and spark plugs and wires replaced. The transmission has also been serviced every 30k miles. Hope to pass this vehicle to my daughter next year."

Libby at home