2002 Jeep Liberty

7.9

Based on 1282 Ratings for the 2002 - 2007 models.

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"Overall, this small SUV is ok. The engine provides great power and acceleration but the gas mileage is the worst I've ever experienced. Normally I keep vehicles for as long as they will keep going but I'm trading this in soon for something more economical after only 2 years. Front and rear seats aren't real comfortable either."

its a real JIP!!

By on Thursday, September 13, 2007

"I have owned my jip for 3 yrs and nothing but problems: warranty was wrong, tires, ac smells, trans leak, ball joint recallssss, radiator blew up, horrible service at 2 different jeep dealers forgot to attach my air filter (master tech worked on it) and its only has less than 35000 miles!!"

GREAT CAR

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"This is a great car to get when winter is coming around. Small but yet very good with the snow."

I LOVE MY LIBERTY

By on Wednesday, September 12, 2007

"I have had nothing but problems with every Chrysler product I have owned, so I was very hesitant about purchasing my 02 Liberty. I am so glad I did, though. I absolutely LOVE it! This is the first SUV I have owned, and its safe to say that the next vehicle I buy will be another Liberty."

Excellant functionality

By on Tuesday, September 11, 2007

"Great vehicle!! I selected this vehicle because it received a 5-star safety rating. The safety rating was important to me becaause I am a mother of two & was commuting 120 mi per day at the time. It has served me well as a commuter/family car as well as a recreational vehicle for camping in all terrains ie.. ocean & mountains."

great jeep

By on Saturday, September 08, 2007

"My father owned a jeep when I was a child and I always loved it. I grew up and decided I would buy one and the liberty was the one I chose. I am very pleased and will likely purchase another one in the future."

Worst Vehicle Ever

By on Thursday, September 06, 2007

"The only good thing is the mileage you get with the diesel engine. This car has had five recalls and been in the shop at least two times that didn't involve recalls and needs to go again. If you buy one, purchase the extended warranty. You'll need it."

Decent

By on Thursday, September 06, 2007

"2005 Liberty is cute and all, but gas mileage is horrible compared to other cars of similar build (15 mpg). Ride is bumpy, but you get used to it. Has great stying exterior & interior. Rear seats are cramped, my 3-yr old sons legs are squished in his carseat if I put it behind a front seat (I just stick in the middle). Accelerates well onto the highway, nice & smooth - city drive is pleasant. All in all, it has been a good car, probably won't buy it again as there are other brands out there that are more impressive and better value for what you pay."

give credit when due...

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"Never really wanted this vehicle - was coerced by family and friends. Now... I love it. Very happy to report this has been the most reliable, practical vehicle ever owned. Other than 2 minor recalls - absolutely NOTHING negative to say about it. It's an 04' with 36k miles - no garage - drive it like a truck - Very happy to have bought it (not a lease :-)) - it's holding value much better than expected."

Great vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2007

"Bought the Renegade edition in Oct., '05. I've been very happy with it so far. The Jeep has plenty of power and does well off road. Love the traction control it comes with during the nasty WY winter. Harldy ever have to put it in 4wd when it's snowing. Only real criticism I have is the lack of room in back. Even with the seats down, I can not sleep in the back when camping. Had recalls on the front ball joints and blower motor, but, no other problems."