2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews

Unfortunately, we don’t have a Fair Purchase Price for this car in your area.

Fair Purchase Price N/A

"What Others Paid" is based on the last 60 days within the U.S.

10/7.5

8.4

Based on 258 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

worst veihcle ever had

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "not many"

Cons: "junk"

"never buy another jeep/fiat product again the do not accept responsibility for anything/everything that is wrong with this SUV"

Thus far, a well built reliable vehicle

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "decent fuel mileage 23ish combined"

Cons: "Nav system is difficult to configure"

"no issues with exception of a blown headlamp (warranty). no rattles or show of ware. Tech package is awesome and I continue to become more familiar with its capabilities."

Worst car, or any product experience ever!

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Only the design"

Cons: "Horrible transmission, and computer glitches"

"I have owned this car for a little over a year, and have been battling Chrysler to fix the transmission from the beginning. I've had the vehicle in 9 or 10 times (for more than 30 days off the road), but only after I hired a lawyer did they finally replace the transmission. They don't value their customers at all and don't support their products - it's no wonder they have the lowest % of repeat buyers among the large manufacturers. The car looks great and has some nice features, but don't be sucked into what I'll call the superficial qualities of the car. The car consistently shifted like a teenager learning to drive a stick (and this car is an automatic). Chrysler wouldn't allow the dealership to put in new parts, but instead kept trying a series of software updates, never caring if it actually fixed my problem. They didn't care that I was inconvenienced by having to continually bring it back in for repair, and didn't care if that the car didn't work properly. If you buy this car after reading this review, you only have yourself to blame."

Lots of amenities but..

By on Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pros: "love technology pkg and lift gate"

Cons: "mileage is much lower than quoted & engine is loud"

"I LOVE the power lift gate, it opens and closes with a button. And LOVE the cross traffic warning when backing up. Nice to have a "Screen Off" button easily accessible, the nav screen is really bright at night (lights up the whole cabin even on low setting). Heated rear seats are nice and hard to find around this price point. With that said, at this price pt, it could use heat & ac vents for the rear seats! There seem to be a lot of software issues and odd things don't work. Its turning out to be expensive and time consuming to keep up with maintenance and updates. There are updates and recalls every month, you have to sit and wait for them each time. The radio still doesn't work, it changes stations and modes randomly, the ventilated seats absolutely don't blow enough air to feel at all, even with a wet hand for testing. I think the cabin is pretty quiet expect if you are accelerating. Its a heavy vehicle so takes a lot of gas to get up to speed. The best mileage has been 16 hwy and 13 is best in city for me. I haven't taken it near the dirt, I don't want to damage it. I've had 3 flat tires in the city and the 20" wheels just seem a little risky (or odd) to take off-road anywhere. Anyway, love the advanced technology package, (blind spot monitoring and backup features) totally worth the additional price. Really disappointed in the low miles per gallon., not very close to the quotes on the window sticker. Wish the diesel version had been available when I purchased. Don't know if its more economical but worth a look."

Best Grand Cherokee ever. 6 cyl great pep & MPG

By on Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pros: "Feel safe. Quick, handles well and great brakes."

Cons: "Non yet."

"Grand Cherokee Limited rear wheel drive: Great ride. 24 city and 26 Hwy with 6 cylinder. Quality interior and fit and finish on exterior. Cherry Red metal flake paint is beautiful in the sun."

great suv

By on Friday, August 22, 2014

"only problem is the headlights,autolevel keeps moving headlights up and down,driving other drivers in front of me crazy"

This vehicle is very classy looking.

By on Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pros: "I can't wait to drive my Jeep again."

"I did get the 4X4 and you can't tell by the comfort of the ride. I just wish they would get this 8 gear transmission problem fixed,and the electric wiring as well. I've had my jeep since November and it has been in 4 times regarding the transmission. The dealer has now had it for two weeks and doing there best considering Chrysler is in the drivers seat. You guys need to get it together. ASAP"

It could be so much better

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, towing, comfortable, sharp looks."

Cons: "Nav is terrible, radio bad, diesel overly expensiv"

"Apparently this form is incapable of interpreting paragraphs. Overall rating of KBB review form, 2/10. Here we go in order of ‘The Good, The Bad and The Ugly’. If you shop like me you can skip to The Ugly to find out what’s infuriating. OK, now make that little spaghetti western noise. The Good: I love the diesel, the air suspension, the ride and the ability to tow 7400lbs. The cockpit is mostly well designed, comfortable and roomy. This thing gets me (and my trailer) where I want to go in style. Make that noise again. The Bad: In order to get adaptive cruise control and diesel you wind up spending about $15,000 more because of all the required upgrades. This may or may not be bad depending on whether comfort or money mean more to you. Three other issues fall under ‘bad’ for me. The first is the seat positioning button, the one by your left knee. It has two settings. You know why? Because I hit it with my knee every single time I get into the vehicle and it resets. Move this button Jeep. The second bad thing is the shifter. My 2010 Overland had a good shifter. It had a longer throw, felt stable and sure and didn’t have a cap on it that comes off all the time. The 2014 is just the opposite. Finally, what is wrong with 4x4 low? Unless you’re crawling along at 1-2 MPH the vehicle surges on hills like someone is slamming the brakes on. I have a steep gravel driveway. The steep part is 80 yards long. If I travel above an idle in low up this hill I wind up with whiplash and it ain’t from an unsteady foot. Make that noise one more time then cut your eyes back and forth. The Ugly: Who created this NAV of torture? Oh My God! I’ve had this NAV take me OFF a 4 lane interstate at 3AM that had ZERO traffic and ZERO accidents. It routed me through 10-15 miles of country towns. I’ve had this NAV take me off a normal highway to drive me through 30MPH side streets that CAME BACK TO THE SAME HIGHWAY. It literally took me on a D shape. I’ve had this NAV bypass highways for small towns and stop and go traffic on multiple instances. The ONLY thing this NAV is good for is looking at the cool avatar of the Jeep or the Charger. Whoever created the NAV probably had a hand in designing the radio. I like the fact that I can use USB or SD media. That’s great. Unfortunately there are two modes of listening if you like variety; random ALL (all tracks are shuffled (that’s 6000+ songs on my 64GB SD card)) or manual mode where you select genre/folder/song manually. If you try to select, say, a folder or a genre and hit shuffle, you get ALL tracks, not the tracks in the genre or the folder or the subfolders. This radio lacks the basic functionality that Winamp has had since…1999? I’ve heard the apps are not good either but I didn’t bother setting them up. I did opt for the basic UConnect so I can remotely unlock the vehicle from my PC but that’s it. Take the NAV, take the radio and burn em. Cut a hole in the dash where I can put my Phone. Right? Am I the only one who thinks this? Overall the Jeep Limited 4x4 with diesel and technology package was the best vehicle for me. As much as I complain about the items here I can work around them assuming the vehicle stays reliable. If the few nagging issues were resolved I’d be 100% happy instead of 70% happy with my $48,000 purchase."

Love it

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "luxurious, powerful, fun, good looking"

"Luxurious and powerful ride. Good looking...lots of positive comments."

Dont buy if Customer service is important

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Cons: "No Dealer or Corporate service"

"Don't buy this car if customer service on warranty items is important to you. I've made countless calls for a warranty issue and am constantly told by Chrysler they have no information and then the dealer tells me the info has been sent. Bottom line I have not recieved a call back more than a dozed times after I was promised a return call and resolution. Don't buy a Chrysler!"

Reliable Vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, great in icy weather"

Cons: "Driver's seat goes flat fast, not comfortable"

"Jeeps are the best there are for reliability. They handle well, they maintain value. Wish the driver's seat was more comfortable. Jeep seats go flat quickly! Laredo is meant for a tall person (I'm 5'6" female) who can put the seat back with long legs and still see above the dash."

Really like to drive this jeep.

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Great car to drive"

Cons: "The v-8 not good on gas"

"Love the car and nothing I don't like except I got the 5.7 Liter and only get 14.8 miles to gallon around town. That is if I don't get on it sometimes. My son in law has a 2014 Jeep Cherokee like mine with the 6 cylinder and gets 19 around town. My mistake so I will trade in and get the 6."

Worst transmission ever built!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

"The worst transmission ever built on the planet!"

Overall ok truck but it has its issues

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Reason: horrible transmission

Pros: "Overall a good vehicle"

Cons: "Horrible tranny and gear selector"

"I bought this 2014 Limited in May of 2013 when they first came out. After 25000 miles and owning it for over a year I had to get rid of it. Since the first day I have owned it I did not like the new 8 speed tranny. I took it to the dealer and they did computer upgrades on it but I was still not happy with it. This tranny shifts through the gears very fast and is not smooth in the lower gears. When shifting from 1st to 2nd and 3rd when it is cold the truck jerks forward and is not smooth at all. It also downshifts hard when stopping. The upper gears you don't even feel it shifting, very smooth. When starting the Jeep shifts too quickly and it feels like it is always in the wrong gear if you need to speed up to get moving. The electronic gear shifter is horrible. After owning this Jeep for over a year I still had to concentrate on which gear I was shifting into. I was still putting it in neutral when trying to shift to reverse or drive. Other than those issues the Jeep is a good vehicle and I didn't have any other problems with it. I had the smaller engine and was averaging 20 mpg. I am normally the type of person who keeps their vehicles for 8 to 10 years but I just couldn't take this transmission. I bought a 2014 Charger which I love. This has the 5 speed tranny and not the electronic gear selector as the jeep has. I could have ordered a 2015 but did not want to as the new model has an new 8 speed tranny and also the electronic gear selector. I absolutely love the Charger and I plan on keeping this for a long time. I just couldn't take driving the Grand Cherokee anymore."

love it great ride and handling

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "wish it had more storage"

"had car almost a year. No Problems so far Rides and handles great."

Lots of electrical problems

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful exterior. Really sharp looking."

Cons: "Lags in take off unless in sport mode."

Sharp

"Have had 4 recalls on various items. Still am having electrical issues, like the radio will just go off by itself, there is back static in the radio and I have also had the gauge panel go back several times while driving. The gas mileage is considerably lower than advertised. Also the digital clock does not keep time. I have to go into the settings mode about once a week and add a couple of minutes to get the readout corrected. Maybe it's just haunted. IDK. I have had the Jeep 15 months and am ready to trade for a non Chrysler product."

Sharp

Headache

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Reason: bad

Pros: "Styling"

Cons: "Everything Else"

"Overall I have to say I had better things to do with my life than nurse this poorly engineered car through the next 5 or more years. Check engine, suspect transmission, groans and creaks, recalls...don't waste your time and then get burned with horrible resale. Got a 4 Runner no rattles, issues or drama... put it in garage and can worry about more important things."

Can't Wait For My Lease To End

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Bluetooth and XM (Didn't have them on my last car)"

Cons: "Engine, Transmission, Build Quality"

"This is the worst car I have ever had. Coming from my 2006 VW Touareg V8 I feel like I have taken a major step backwards. The car handles like an old Buick and has absolutely no steering response. You feel nothing. The 3.6L Pentastar is noisy and slow. The transmission rushes to eighth gear and G-D forbid you have to merge onto a highway, you need to floor the rattle trap in order to get it to jump down to a passing gear. I can not wait for this car to go back on lease. To add to it the car does not feel safe and is poorly put together. The headliner is sagging with only 600 miles on it and I can already hear creaks. Wish I kept my VW. The Touareg was a real go anywhere SUV, the Jeep is a go-kart in comparison"

Drives and rides good for a small SUV.

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Looks, ride, performance."

Cons: "Too many recalls, lower quality paint."

"After five recalls in one year it will probably be the last Chrysler product. It's a shame that a vehicle that drives, rides, and looks as good as this one does has so many flaws. Dealer has been very good, shame on the product."

A Pleasure To Own

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Solid, roomy, classy, luxurous"

Cons: "A little pricey, V8 gas mileage not great"

"It will soon be 3 years that I have owned this vehicle, and except for a fluid leak when the vehicle was new, it has proven to be reliable and safe. I have really enjoyed owning it. It is solid, roomy, classy, and loaded with nice features. I can easily see why it is the most awarded SUV ever! Even though the Hemi V8 is powerful and responsive, I still get about 17 MPG around town. I have no regrets about buying it, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again."

2014 GC Limited with 3.0L Eco Diesel and QT II

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage, Gadgets, Ride, Audio system"

Cons: "None so far"

"I have not driven this automobile for very long, I will update this review later, if warranted. But my initial impression is only good. I am getting 25 MPG combined with the diesel engine and the performance is good. It is sometimes slow to accelerate when the 8 speed transmission is in a high gear, but that is easily overcome with more pressure on the accelerator. Shifts are very smooth and I am impressed by the fact that the transmission down shifts, on its own, when going down hill. As for the "costly" urea refills, you can get 2.5 gallons of the stuff at a well known big box store for $12. The DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) filler nozzle is next to the fuel nozzle which makes it easy to refill without going to the dealer, the DEF tank capacity is 8 gallons. This is my second Jeep, my first Jeep was a 2006 Commander, it had the 5.7L Hemi V8. I needed the towing capability, I was happy to see the 3.0L turbo diesel has the same towing capacity. I put 186000 miles on my Commander and the only repair I had to get, besides the normal consumables, was a replacement starter. The reliability of my Commander led me back to Jeep. I gave a 5 to the reliability rating only because I have driven the Grand Cherokee for only 350 miles so far (will update later)."

BEST HIGH END 4X4 ON THE MARKET

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "PAN GLASS MOON ROOF IS HUGE"

Cons: "NO ISSUES"

"I HAVE A 2012 JEEP GC OVERLAND 4X4 5.7L. GREAT LOOKING -GREAT DRIVING.I HAVE OWNED A LEXUS LX450 AND PORSCHE CAYENNE S. THE OVERLAND JEEP IS AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER."

Awesome car - in every way possible.

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "Smooth driving and cornering."

"Jeep knew what they were doing when they created this beauty!"

Don't judge the book by its cover

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

"I owned 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee overland for over a year now. I really love the new look in side and out. It has a lot of fancy little gadgets. Ride is very comfortable and quite. Biggest issue I have was electronics. I had a lot of issues with different sensors and computer. Main screen is very slow on response. Takes couple seconds after you press a button and sometimes even longer."

Multiple Flavors - Jack of All Trades

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

"Before I tell you about my GC Ltd, Diesel, w/ Off-Road II package, a word of warning about car reviews. There are for this vehicle, six trim levels, four engines, three transmissions and three final drive ratios. What is said about this vehicle may apply to only one combination and even the pro writers may confuse the specs. That said, I enjoy the vehicle immensely. Of course, we're talking diesel here. If you're a performance junky, here's the story. Obviously, the 3.6l is the slowest and the SRT is in a league of its own. However, if all you compare is the 0-60 specs of the 5.7 l Hemi to the diesel, you won't get the full story. As the diesel has more torque and a lower final drive ratio, its probably faster than the hemi in the 0-35 mph range (and you will be impressed). Although I wouldn't say that the shifting is perfect at all times, the diesel/8 speed qualifies as butter smooth. You may read some complaints that the shifter is fussy. What his amounts to is that the détentes are feathered light as are the power window switches. If you hammer at them without thinking, you'll go past where you want. I have had the opportunity to go up a mile long 45 degree slope several times in low gear with the paddle shifters. Effortless fun. Complaints? Had an OBD light come on at 385 miles. Egr bypass control fault attributed to a vacuum line. To be fixed shortly. Upon upgrading UConnect radio software, I lost Bluetooth metadata (presently investigating). And, I wouldn't call the ride quality a luxury vehicle ride. A touch noisy over rough road. However, my vehicle is an off road setup with 18" wheels. My opinion might be different with a Summit trim with 20" wheels. Lastly, I'm exceeding the mpg specs (21/28). Getting 23 in the city and 30 on the highway at 70 mph. Not bad for a 5400 lb vehicle that accelerates like a rocket in it lower gears."