• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $42,700 - $44,046.

10/7.6

8.4

Based on 294 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Best vehicle I've ever owned hands down!

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

Pros: "Enjoy driving, good gas mileage for comfort/size!"

Cons: "Miss a Moon/sun roof, wish had garage door buttons"

Ready for another year of fun driving after my Ziebart re-applications of protection!!!

"This Jeep is amazing- luxury ride, great gas mileage (better than the estimated some times). Love the room in both front and rear seats, and all the cargo space. I took it to Ziebart as soon as I got it for complete protection- Rust Protection, Undercoating, Sound Deadener, Diamond Gloss® Paint Protection, Inner-Guard® PLUS, Germ Defender®- (I get this updated yearly)- along with tinting the front windows, adding the back up camera with microphone, adding vent visors, bug shield, mud flaps and running boards. It is great! It takes me safely everywhere I want to go without a moment's trouble even in the snow. I just recently had Wrangler Fuel Max tires put on with a new alignment. My oil is changed regularly by my son in law and I couldn't ask for more!"

Trading it in

By on Thursday, January 08, 2015

Pros: "Looks great inside and out"

Cons: "1 hour on window defrost on high to move wipers"

"I've had my Jeep grand Cherokee Laredo for about a year and a half. I bought it used with about 40,000 kms on it. I love the inside and the outside of this vehicle however after 4 recalls, and the fact that it takes one hour to run my vehicle so that the wipers will work when it's cold, considering I live in Canada, i'm trading it in. there is a huge blind spot created by the extra-wide front pillar, wide rearview mirror, and I guess the position and height but I have my seat into drive as well that's problematic."

Excellent Vehicle. Highly Recommend!

By on Monday, January 05, 2015

Pros: "Quality, Appearance and Reliability"

"I have owned Jeep vehicles all my life and have never been disappointed. We love our new Grand Cherokee Summit and feel it is the perfect size for our active family. We drove every brand out there in the same class and higher and could not find an SUV that was more capable."

Buyer Beware

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "Great styling"

Cons: "Transmission problem. Radiator leak.Many recalls"

"just received the sixth recall for this vehicle. Have owned it for one year. It is currently at the dealer for the second time due to transmission problems. Also, they are replacing the radiator because it developed a leak. I really love the appearance of this vehicle and the comfort. But I am beginning to think that i have a lemon on my hands. Perspective buyer need to research the problems associated with this vehicle before you purchase."

I ADORE my Jeep!

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun, capable, looks great!"

Cons: "Capless fuel door"

"***2014 Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 v8 Hemi*** After my trouble-prone 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring finally died this past summer while it was loaded up with people and gear for a family vacation, I took a chance on the vehicle I'd been wanting for a while - a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Honestly, I was initially hesitant due to the poor reliability reviews surrounding the Jeep brand but after my awful 9 year experience with the Honda Odyssey I figured I had no where else to go but up.*** After ditching my dead van in a strange city and cramming our stuff in a compact rental, we set out to buy a new vehicle so we could complete our vacation in relative peace. After an exhaustive day of searching & test-drives, I found my ride - a new 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 v8 Hemi. I. am. in. love. *** After 12,000 miles in almost 7 months of ownership I've experienced exactly 1 minor issue that required a trip to the dealer. A headache for sure, but after pouring BIG $$$ into keeping my 'reliable' Honda in working order over the years, this was trivial. I did purchase the lifetime extended warranty from Chrysler (not a 3rd party company) for peace of mind - something most other manufacturers don't even offer. *** Before making our purchase I did test drive several other comparable (or larger) vehicles - BMW x5, Audi q7, Toyota Sequoia, Toyota Highlander and a Suburban LT - but I liked the size, handling and interior quality/layout of the Jeep the best. There is more 'hard plastic' interior panels than I would prefer but it seems to be on par with the other vehicles in the 'luxury' category and it is MUCH more upscale that the van I was used to driving, even though it was the top of the line as well. The cabin is fairly quiet and there is just enough 'road feel.' Some people prefer a more cushy, soft ride (Toyota, Lexus comes to mind) but I like to drive hard and fast and prefer having a bit of feedback in the wheel. *** The v8 takes a LOT of gas, but only a bit more than my v6 van, surprisingly. I don't really enjoy the capless gas filler door but it's not a dealbreaker. Can't really think of anything else I dislike or would change at all. I just really, really enjoy driving this Jeep!"