• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $43,180 - $44,384.

10/7.6

8.4

Based on 290 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

I ADORE my Jeep!

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun, capable, looks great!"

Cons: "Capless fuel door"

"***2014 Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 v8 Hemi*** After my trouble-prone 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring finally died this past summer while it was loaded up with people and gear for a family vacation, I took a chance on the vehicle I'd been wanting for a while - a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Honestly, I was initially hesitant due to the poor reliability reviews surrounding the Jeep brand but after my awful 9 year experience with the Honda Odyssey I figured I had no where else to go but up.*** After ditching my dead van in a strange city and cramming our stuff in a compact rental, we set out to buy a new vehicle so we could complete our vacation in relative peace. After an exhaustive day of searching & test-drives, I found my ride - a new 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 v8 Hemi. I. am. in. love. *** After 12,000 miles in almost 7 months of ownership I've experienced exactly 1 minor issue that required a trip to the dealer. A headache for sure, but after pouring BIG $$$ into keeping my 'reliable' Honda in working order over the years, this was trivial. I did purchase the lifetime extended warranty from Chrysler (not a 3rd party company) for peace of mind - something most other manufacturers don't even offer. *** Before making our purchase I did test drive several other comparable (or larger) vehicles - BMW x5, Audi q7, Toyota Sequoia, Toyota Highlander and a Suburban LT - but I liked the size, handling and interior quality/layout of the Jeep the best. There is more 'hard plastic' interior panels than I would prefer but it seems to be on par with the other vehicles in the 'luxury' category and it is MUCH more upscale that the van I was used to driving, even though it was the top of the line as well. The cabin is fairly quiet and there is just enough 'road feel.' Some people prefer a more cushy, soft ride (Toyota, Lexus comes to mind) but I like to drive hard and fast and prefer having a bit of feedback in the wheel. *** The v8 takes a LOT of gas, but only a bit more than my v6 van, surprisingly. I don't really enjoy the capless gas filler door but it's not a dealbreaker. Can't really think of anything else I dislike or would change at all. I just really, really enjoy driving this Jeep!"

Best Jeep I've ever bought

By on Monday, December 29, 2014

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"I love this Jeep... I have the V8 360hp, gas isn't the greatest but the power is worth it. It's fun to drive and it's a great looking truck.. It's my 3rd new Jeep Cherokee and it's the best one by far. I highly recommend this vehicle."

Looks great, comfortable and spacious Just awesome

By on Saturday, December 27, 2014

Pros: "Great vehicle"

Cons: "Volume of pesky recalls"

"I would recommend this vehicle to everyone, next time will go with the 4wd option."

Pretty Darn Good

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

Pros: "Great size, nice interior, comfy on long trips"

Cons: "A couple of recalls - I hope not any more..."

"I still enjoy driving the GC, even after a year and 31,000 miles of ownership. It is great for soaking up interstate miles with comfy seats, great stereo and the optional navigation. I think the size is perfect, not too big and not too small. I can still park in the garage at my work, but have plenty of room to stretch out on longer drives. I have the 3.6 V6, which I was leary of getting at first, but it has proven to be a good engine with plenty of power for my needs. I will say after years of driving a vehicle with a V8, the driving dynamics are different, but if you aren't afraid to put your foot into the throttle, it likely has all the get-up-and-go that one needs. Overall, I am very satisfied with the vehicle, even though it has had two separate recalls in the last few months."

Love this car

By on Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Pros: "All the new safety features are great"

Cons: "Recalls"

Looking good!

"The only complaint I have is that I have had 5 recalls in the year that I have owned it! That is pain to get repaired plus a waste of my time. I love the automatic headlights, windshield wipers and heated seats plus the steering wheel."

Looking good!