2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,949 - $28,944.

10/7.6

8.4

Based on 325 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

I'm relatively satisifeid with this Jeep.

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Confortable, good in snow, Jeep styling."

Cons: "Dashboard noise, stiff suspension."

"This 2011 Grand Cherokee is comfortable and is a good highway cruiser. Dashboard noises are a disappointment in a fairly expensive vehicle. I average between 18 and 21 mpg which is OK considering the size and weight. A hard to resolve problem with a broken motor mount took several visits to the dealership- fixed under warranty. Don't buy one of these without an extended warranty!"

$30K less than RR Sport... great deal

By on Saturday, August 08, 2015

Pros: "Nice luxury for the price, exceptional engine"

Cons: "Dismal fuel economy, questionable reliability"

"After driving BMW X5's and a LR RR Sport for many years, I'm pleasantly surprised at what Jeep's Summit offers in quality, comfort, ride and performance. My Summit has the HEMI 360 HP V8, which is like a RR Sport Supercharged miniature version, in a very nice way. The powerful engine and smooth 8-speed transmission isn't overkill... just right. But the fuel economy is dismal... Just as bad as RR Sport and BMW X5's more powerful engines. The build quality isn't quite as nice as BMW or Land Rover, but for $30K less, it's plenty nice. The acoustic windshield, adaptive cruise control, ergonomically designed infotainment system, A/C and heated seats, and auto start engine (with auto adjust A/C, seats, etc.) all are useful amenities. And the power lift gate is better than X5 or Sport's."

Awesome SUV for the price

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

"We test drove this along with the Acura MDX (close runner-up), Ford Edge, Ford Explorer, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Highlander, and Ford Escape. Although there was things I like about all of the vehicles, this was by far the best value for the price. It was also the best looking of the bunch (both inside and out). We frequently get compliments on it. It's been very reliable thus far. The only issue we've had is the storage compartment in the dash kept getting stuck. Once it was fixed (under warranty) it worked perfect! I highly recommend the new Grand Cherokees (2011 or newer) for the combination of good looks, capabilities, and features. We love it!"

Really like this SUV

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, and reliable"

Cons: "Wish I would have gotten the model with Blue Tooth"

"This is a great SUV. Makes it through the snow like it is dry weather! My first Jeep and probably will not be my last."

excellent

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pros: "lots of comfort,utility,great to drive very smooth"

"One of the best automobiles on the market"

Love our Grand Cherokee, great all around suv

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

"Amazing 2 year ownership, no issues, just love our 2014 jeep grand cherokee"

I ADORE my Jeep!

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun, capable, looks great!"

Cons: "Capless fuel door"

"***2014 Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 v8 Hemi*** After my trouble-prone 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring finally died this past summer while it was loaded up with people and gear for a family vacation, I took a chance on the vehicle I'd been wanting for a while - a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Honestly, I was initially hesitant due to the poor reliability reviews surrounding the Jeep brand but after my awful 9 year experience with the Honda Odyssey I figured I had no where else to go but up.*** After ditching my dead van in a strange city and cramming our stuff in a compact rental, we set out to buy a new vehicle so we could complete our vacation in relative peace. After an exhaustive day of searching & test-drives, I found my ride - a new 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 v8 Hemi. I. am. in. love. *** After 12,000 miles in almost 7 months of ownership I've experienced exactly 1 minor issue that required a trip to the dealer. A headache for sure, but after pouring BIG $$$ into keeping my 'reliable' Honda in working order over the years, this was trivial. I did purchase the lifetime extended warranty from Chrysler (not a 3rd party company) for peace of mind - something most other manufacturers don't even offer. *** Before making our purchase I did test drive several other comparable (or larger) vehicles - BMW x5, Audi q7, Toyota Sequoia, Toyota Highlander and a Suburban LT - but I liked the size, handling and interior quality/layout of the Jeep the best. There is more 'hard plastic' interior panels than I would prefer but it seems to be on par with the other vehicles in the 'luxury' category and it is MUCH more upscale that the van I was used to driving, even though it was the top of the line as well. The cabin is fairly quiet and there is just enough 'road feel.' Some people prefer a more cushy, soft ride (Toyota, Lexus comes to mind) but I like to drive hard and fast and prefer having a bit of feedback in the wheel. *** The v8 takes a LOT of gas, but only a bit more than my v6 van, surprisingly. I don't really enjoy the capless gas filler door but it's not a dealbreaker. Can't really think of anything else I dislike or would change at all. I just really, really enjoy driving this Jeep!"

5th jeep i have owned, by far the best

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pros: "excellent all around"

Cons: "gas mileage.. but have 360 horse v8"

"MY 98 jeep was great, the 3 in between were good, this 2013 is the best ever,, also drive ford edge and Lincoln, options in the Jeep are way better and some not even offered on other models;;; rear heated seats;auto high beams;tilt down side view mirrors in reverse etc, great car"

Great Jeep

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Pros: "Good price, looks sharp, handles well"

Cons: "Does not have auto open hatch"

"We bought this last November and love it. It handles great, is very responsive, and is well built. We have a 70th Edition and it is a sharp looking Jeep with limited edition rims. It's roomy without being too big. The seats are leather but a little stiffer then I like. I would recommend this jeep to anyone it handles well in the snow and it does have the 4 different 4wheel options. Our sons are large and they are very comfortable in this."

Great vehicle, I got a lot of options and the hemi

By on Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pros: "Fun and accomadating"

Cons: "gas, but I knew that when buying"

"Fun, gas hog even with the six cyl. so I sprung for the hemi as the mileage is almost identical. Well thought out interior that is very cozy. Could use a small separate coin tray. I have the nav and siri making the trips much more enjoyable. Nice job jeep"

Gas Guzzler

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "Nice to drive, looks great, well put together"

Cons: "Gas hog"

"Wish it got better gas mileage"

I love my Jeep

By on Thursday, February 23, 2012

"The title says it all,I have had this Jeep a little over a year and still love driving it. I have owned numerous suvs from Jeep to Mercedes and this is by far the one I have had the least trouble with. One minor issue with the seat that the dealer quickly rectified and that's it. We have taken it on several road trips and the ride is smooth and I remain comfortable for hours at a time. I love the 8 cyl engines power and it's incredibly quiet on the highway."

Love my jeep!!!

By on Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pros: "fun car, lots of toys, roomy and comfortable"

Cons: "gas mileage, cost"

"Love the jeep but don't get a hemi if you are just driving locally. Not the best gas mileage around but for road trips, it is great!!! Nice upgrade from the 2009 model...rides very smooth and comfortable."

best vehicle ever

By on Friday, December 09, 2011

"EXCELLENT NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT"

Best SUV I've ever owned

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "Many features, drives well, great appearance"

Cons: "Not the best gas mileage"

"I own the limited version and I love everything it has to offer. You don't need the overland in my opinion, the limited comes with a lot of features. If you're looking for a luxury SUV but are not wanting to spend $50k (as you do with most luxury brands because you pay for the name), then this is your best option. I would recommend this SUV to everyone!"

nicest car i've owned

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "quality workmanship"

Cons: "heated seats and bluetooth phone not reliable"

"good gas mileage.better quality than gms i've owned. only disappointment is heated seats are not as heated on my previous gm vehicles"

EXCITING

By on Monday, October 17, 2011

Pros: "SUPER VALUE"

"FIRST NEW VEHICLE IN A VERY LONG TIME THAT I HAVE CONSIDERED TO BE A TRUE MASTERPIECE. JEEP SHOULD BE CONGRADULATED ON FINALLY TAKING A FLAGSHIP VEHICLE AND MAKING IT LUXURIOUS ENOUGH TO COMPETE WITH EVERYTHING OUT THERE... I BOUGHT THE 70TH ANNIVERSARY PACKAGE , WHAT A BARGAIN, LEATHER, NAV, BACK UP CAM, MOONROOF, UCONNECT MEDIA CENTER, HEMI, 42 GRAND? WHAT ELSE OUT THERE CAN COMPARE, ONLY A JEEP. 0IIII0 BE HAPPY, BE JEEPIN...."

Great SUV!

By on Friday, October 14, 2011

"I have had this vehicle for about four months now and absolutely love it! It rides incredibly smooth for an SUV and handles exceptionally well. Gas mileage is decent, I average between 20-21 mpg highway, and around 16-17 city, but I do tend to get on it a little bit. I would highly recommend this vehicle for anyone shopping for an SUV."

Great improvemnet

By on Thursday, May 19, 2011

"I have owned my 2011 for about 9 months and have had nothing go wrong. Love the increased MPG - I am getting about 18 in town and 21 on the road. The highway MPG depends on the wind and the speed traveled. i have gotten as high as 25, but that is at 60 MPH and no wind. The ride is great and very quiet. The new 3.6L engine handles the vehicle fine. My last two Jeeps were 4.7 V8s and I miss the V8 but not at the gas pump. Would purchase another one"

Beyond Awesome

By on Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"This is my sixth Grand Cherokee and it is absolutely awesome. The car looks great inside and out- it looks a lot more expensive than it is. The quality and fit/finish are impechable. The paint looks like an emerald. I am pleasantly suprised by the new V-6. The features for this price range are amanzing- the electronics and gadgets are cutting edge. Compared to the Toyota Highlander or Honda Pilot, they cannot hold a stick to the Grand Cherokee in terms of looks and value. Why would anyone want to spend more money for signifficantly"

Great Style, Value and Features

By on Friday, August 21, 2015

"Bought this car second hand and it is my second GC. I love the car and mostly everything about it. Pros: The looks--I get compliments all the time. It drives very smooth and makes me feel confident on the road. The Alpine stereo is amazing. The design, fit and finish, details and materials are all nice. I opted for the Altitude trim which gives the truck a very distinct look and a good collection of options. I haven't had time to fully test the 4x4 but I am confident it will be top-notch. Fuel economy is what you would expect for a large and heavy Jeep. (18-24) Cons: Wanted the 5.7 but chickened out for the V6. I just took the Jeep cross country while towing a 4,000 lbs Uhaul. The Jeep did OK but if you are towing anything on the regular, I would opt for the Hemi. The 5 speed transmission is irritating at times when gunning for a pass or getting off the line-- very much geared for fuel economy and not low end power. I would also recommend getting a newer model with the 8-speed. Finally, Chrysler dealerships (for service) in general do not treat customers very well I think, especially compared to other brand names that charge 40-60k for an SUV."

Excellent SUV

By on Sunday, April 26, 2015

Pros: "Comfortable, easy to drive, reliable"

Cons: "acceleration"

"My car is Overland 2014, I bought it as a brand new and so far I have not noticed any problem. It is very comfortable, easy to drive, has nice interior and exterior look and relatively fuel efficient compared to similar SUVs. The only problem I noticed is acceleration, which is not as good as I expected. Overall, I am happy with my car so far."

Super nice ride! Solid.

By on Friday, April 19, 2013

Pros: "Solidly built, comfortable"

Cons: "Blind spot visability."

"If only I haad known about the blind spot monitoring option... My 2010 Edge has the side mirrors that I wish I had on the Jeep for the drivers who like to get in the blind spots."

I love my jeep! Everything I ever wanted !

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

"Love my jeep.....best buy for the money!......Rides like a dream!.....very comfortable and handles great...when driving 80 feels like 40.....love it!"

Always wanted a jeep. Was Great. Would get another

By on Saturday, April 06, 2013

Pros: "Great highway milage and gas control."

Cons: "I need faster. (personally)"

"Jeeps are great. I jst need a V8"