2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,654 - $29,367.

10/7.6

8.4

Based on 251 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Can't Wait For My Lease To End

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Bluetooth and XM (Didn't have them on my last car)"

Cons: "Engine, Transmission, Build Quality"

"This is the worst car I have ever had. Coming from my 2006 VW Touareg V8 I feel like I have taken a major step backwards. The car handles like an old Buick and has absolutely no steering response. You feel nothing. The 3.6L Pentastar is noisy and slow. The transmission rushes to eighth gear and G-D forbid you have to merge onto a highway, you need to floor the rattle trap in order to get it to jump down to a passing gear. I can not wait for this car to go back on lease. To add to it the car does not feel safe and is poorly put together. The headliner is sagging with only 600 miles on it and I can already hear creaks. Wish I kept my VW. The Touareg was a real go anywhere SUV, the Jeep is a go-kart in comparison"

Drives and rides good for a small SUV.

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Looks, ride, performance."

Cons: "Too many recalls, lower quality paint."

"After five recalls in one year it will probably be the last Chrysler product. It's a shame that a vehicle that drives, rides, and looks as good as this one does has so many flaws. Dealer has been very good, shame on the product."

A Pleasure To Own

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "Solid, roomy, classy, luxurous"

Cons: "A little pricey, V8 gas mileage not great"

"It will soon be 3 years that I have owned this vehicle, and except for a fluid leak when the vehicle was new, it has proven to be reliable and safe. I have really enjoyed owning it. It is solid, roomy, classy, and loaded with nice features. I can easily see why it is the most awarded SUV ever! Even though the Hemi V8 is powerful and responsive, I still get about 17 MPG around town. I have no regrets about buying it, and I wouldn't hesitate to do it again."

2014 GC Limited with 3.0L Eco Diesel and QT II

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage, Gadgets, Ride, Audio system"

Cons: "None so far"

"I have not driven this automobile for very long, I will update this review later, if warranted. But my initial impression is only good. I am getting 25 MPG combined with the diesel engine and the performance is good. It is sometimes slow to accelerate when the 8 speed transmission is in a high gear, but that is easily overcome with more pressure on the accelerator. Shifts are very smooth and I am impressed by the fact that the transmission down shifts, on its own, when going down hill. As for the "costly" urea refills, you can get 2.5 gallons of the stuff at a well known big box store for $12. The DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) filler nozzle is next to the fuel nozzle which makes it easy to refill without going to the dealer, the DEF tank capacity is 8 gallons. This is my second Jeep, my first Jeep was a 2006 Commander, it had the 5.7L Hemi V8. I needed the towing capability, I was happy to see the 3.0L turbo diesel has the same towing capacity. I put 186000 miles on my Commander and the only repair I had to get, besides the normal consumables, was a replacement starter. The reliability of my Commander led me back to Jeep. I gave a 5 to the reliability rating only because I have driven the Grand Cherokee for only 350 miles so far (will update later)."

BEST HIGH END 4X4 ON THE MARKET

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "PAN GLASS MOON ROOF IS HUGE"

Cons: "NO ISSUES"

"I HAVE A 2012 JEEP GC OVERLAND 4X4 5.7L. GREAT LOOKING -GREAT DRIVING.I HAVE OWNED A LEXUS LX450 AND PORSCHE CAYENNE S. THE OVERLAND JEEP IS AS GOOD IF NOT BETTER."