2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,175 - $29,144.

10/7.6

8.4

Based on 317 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Almost a Home-Run

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Exterior and Interior fit and finish, sound system"

Cons: "Shift knob, rear window doesn't open"

"Traded in 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited for the 2014 Summit. The redesign is nearly a home-run. The auto leveling feature is great when I have heavy items in back or on hitch. The adaptive cruise control on my first long trip was a real pleasure to use. The interior looks great and is very comfortable. In ECO mode, which vehicle defaults to when started, the shifting IS different than any other vehicle, but that's why a nearly 5000 lb vehicle can get such good gas mileage. You don't get something for nothing and if I want a more traditional or agressive shifting pattern, I just turn off ECO mode or put into SPORT mode. I do not like the 100% electric shift knob. I still hunt for "D" or "R" when making a quick Y turn. The UConnect software and touch screen could be quicker and did freeze up on me once, but in general is very easy to figure out. I don't like that they got rid of the seperately opening manual rear window since that was nice when transporting longer items (now cannot be opened seperately). Sound system is amazing and has so many options for music sources I'm still finding new ways to play music (XM radio, HD radio, regular FM, Aux input, CD player, BlueTooth streaming music,etc..)."

Very Reliable and Safe Vehicle

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun daily driver vehicle, good looking SUV"

Cons: "A/C switch on steering also"

"Excelent ride, interior comfort, good gas mileage, engine sound like a lot., so far very good service and NO trips yet for warranty services. U connect is a plus"

Great Vehicle

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

Pros: "sharp, high comfort, good handling"

Cons: "mpg"

"This vehicle has great presence on the road. Looks outstanding and has plenty of power even in the V6 model. The fuel mileage would be the only weak point, but you have to expect that with a SUV."

The Grand Cherokee has been kicked up a notch!

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Dollar for Dollar a great value, fun to drive"

Cons: "Electronic Transmission Selector tricky."

"This car replaced my 2009 Grand Cherokee. The difference in comfort and performance is amazing. I loved my 2009 Jeep, but this card far exceeds my expectations on all levels. 20 mpg every day and a consistent 26-27 mpg on the highway. My 2009 with the V6 engine 21 mpg highway on a good day."

Couldn't be more satisfied!

By on Wednesday, April 03, 2013

Pros: "great on long drives, love the warm steering wheel"

Cons: "Has every bell and whistle anyone would need"

"Automatic start is the greatest, especially living in a cold climate. Nice to get into a warm car, pre-heated seat, pre-heated steering wheel & defrost of rear window and side mirrors is on. Can cool the seats in the summer. Backup camera has been a real lifesaver. Being able to have settings for 2 different drivers is a helpful. Navigation system is a must and fairly easy to use. This car is, hopefully, our final car purchase as we retire."

Best Jeep Yet!

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "Smooth quiet ride. Great sound system. Options"

Cons: "Large exterior mirrors. Sunroof noise."

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Altitude Edition

"I wouldn't say I'm a Jeep enthusiast, but my 2012 Jeep is my third Grand Cherokee. I recently got rid of my 1999 Laredo with 185,000 miles, and still have my 2009 Laredo with 60,000 miles. I think there were a lot of shortcomings with the older models, but living in a rural area meant I couldn't live without the utilitarian capabilities a Jeep provides over an AWD car or crossover. Underneath, they are still more like a truck, with bigger wheels and the higher ground clearance I wanted. The new Grand Cherokee body style looks more like my 1999 did, and I like that. Other than similar looks, all else is different. My 2012 Grand Cherokee is a Laredo model, which is the lower end of the trim scale. However, it is a Laredo "Altitude" trim level, which is closer to the Limited for many things. It has the leather electric adjustable heated seats, sunroof, mid-range 9-speaker sound system with subwoofer, u-connect phone, tow package, tilt-telescopic steering wheel, 4x4, fog lamps, remote start, keyless entry and pushbutton start to name several upgrades. The Altitude comes in several trim types that make it very unique even amongst the Jeeps. Mine is all black, including the grill, low-profile mag wheels, and most trim. Many people have commented that they thought it was a police vehicle, which might explain why I get "trapped" behind vehicles that suddenly seem to slow down when I am behind them. The heating and A/C system has FINALLY been fixed in the Grand Cherokee. Both the heat and A/C can keep up with whatever mother nature dishes out, and the front and rear seats have their own floor and face vents. The wheelbase has been lengthened and the rear legroom incresed in the new model. I also love that the rear seats recline somewhat for comfort, and have a center drinkholder/armrest if there are not five passengers. The rear seat has access to an A/C plug which can be switched on or off from the dash (for safety). The ride is the smoothest yet, and the vehicle interior is quiet at all speeds, which makes the sound system even better. My sound system has the LCD screen which is used for system controls, back-up camera viewing, and u-connect phone controls. While it looks the same as those systems that have it, mine does not have the GPS built in. Since I own four Garmins, this isn't an issue for me. The system has two USB ports, one on the radio and one in the center console. It has a 1/8" aux input plug, and CD/DVD capability. It will only play DVD's if you are not moving. Any pictures or music can be downloaded to a 32G built in hard drive. The system will also play music from my smart phone via Bluetooth, including allowing me to control music selection on the phone without touching the phone. Volume, searches, and input selection can also be done from the multiple steering wheel controls. My Jeep is the automatic 4x4 system with no manual controls available, so this is a significant change compared to my other two Jeeps. My first instinct is to see this as a negative, but I haven't gotten stuck yet either. For typical driving, the 3.6 liter V-6 has been fine, getting as high as 25 MPG over a 600 mile trip. For towing, I wish I had the Hemi V-8, but the V-6 still gets the job done. My 2012 Grand Cherokee sits higher off the ground than my previous models did. The higher end models have a lowering feature, but I intend to buy the nerf bars for this one, as my petite wife is challenged with easy access to the seats. Jeep put a permeable wind screen that pops up when the sunroof is open, which is very noisy. A non-permeable windscreen I've had on other sunroofs is not as noisy. Overall, I would say that Jeep hit a grand-slam with the well appointed Grand Cherokee, and I am intent on buying another new one for ME very soon, as my wife doesn't let me near this one very often."

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Altitude Edition

Grand Cherokee Overland Summit

By on Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pros: "great car!!! safe reliable well built high quality"

Cons: "gas mileage not so good, accurate but low"

"this is the most beautiful high quality totally loaded car in this price range. I have never had a single problem mechanically. she is just gorgeous. The only draw back is the gas mileage is very low. This car has the best 4 wheel drive ever!!"

I'm relatively satisifeid with this Jeep.

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Confortable, good in snow, Jeep styling."

Cons: "Dashboard noise, stiff suspension."

"This 2011 Grand Cherokee is comfortable and is a good highway cruiser. Dashboard noises are a disappointment in a fairly expensive vehicle. I average between 18 and 21 mpg which is OK considering the size and weight. A hard to resolve problem with a broken motor mount took several visits to the dealership- fixed under warranty. Don't buy one of these without an extended warranty!"

Love it. Dirves like our old E420 Mercedes

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Very fun to drive... A Rocket Ship on Wheels"

Cons: "Did not come with "5.7L HEMEI" logo. I had to buy"

"Drives great..similar to our old Mercedes E420. Gas Mileage averages between 20-22 mpg. Consistant 21.5 Mpg at 75 mph w/aircond & all power one. It runs on 4 cly most of the time. Excellent features: backup video system is a really great feature with an SUV."

Overland Summit

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, Rugged, Style, V8, Versatility"

Cons: "Gas Mileage 13/20"

"2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. Black with Saddle Interior. Rich, luxurious, rugged, very solid truck. Nice quiet ride. 5.7L V8 360HP. Elegant interior. Every available option including Chrome Mopar Edition. Sticker $50,710 and purchased it for $44,131. I traded in a Cadillac Escalade and some people make the comment that I downgraded, lol. If only they knew the truth! Perfect Chicago car for year round driving. Perfect truck for a 6'2 guy like me."

Surprisingly solid and refined

By on Friday, January 20, 2012

Pros: "Great ride, very quite, very smooth"

Cons: "Could use a bit more cargo space."

"We bought this because we needed a vehicle to tow behind our motor home and one I could drive to work each day. I am very impressed with this vehicles ride, performance and looks. The steering is very responsive. I enjoy the interior. I traded my Cadilac DTS and the interior puts it to shame. We have taken it up Pikes Peak, Mt. Rushmore and the plains of North Dakota as well as the beaches of south Padre Island. I Toyota Forerunner got stuck in the sand at South Padre and I pulled him out and he was buried to the frame, without even breaking a sweat. The vehicle is at much at home at the Ritz or on the top of a mountain. I've had many frienspds comment on its looks and are assaying they are definetly going to give Jeep another look. The thing literally can take you anywhere on the planet on or off road all well you feel like your sitting in your best luxury recliner. Great job Jeep. You have a new fan."

WOW - what a great SUV = Jeep Overland Summit

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Ease of use for all electronics, great ride"

Cons: "Wind noise at highway speeds"

"This vehicle has it all!! An easy to use Navigation system, Radio, climate control, special controls, applications all wrapped into one screen - and you can access just about all of it via voice control - that allows you to customize just about anything or everything on the vehicle. It rides very smooth on highway and city roads (and does great off road as well). It is a great looking vehicle - only downsides I have are the wind noise at highway speeds (not terrible but it is noticeable) and that I can't do text messaging because I have an iPhone.... Otherwise a definite recommend!"

Very quiet for a SUV

By on Friday, April 12, 2013

Pros: "Very good ride for a SUV"

Cons: "8 speed to low on take off"

"I am having problems with the "Linked to key fob" feature on the memory seat option, it will not work with the "Easy seat exit" feature. First gear on the 8 speed box it "TO LOW" makes the car feel like it is bogging down when you take off, I know you can take off in 2nd manually with the paddle shifters, but I wanted a auto not a manual. Other wise a great car."

Very nice SUV for the money

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "Ride height, ride quality, quiet, cargo space"

Cons: "Seats could be a little more comfortable"

"I love JEEPs. This is only my second, however. My first was an '07 Wrangler X that I got rid of due to the dreaded "death wobble". I hope they have that ironed out by now. I bought this GC brand new (had 90 miles on it), and I love it. We owned a Cruze but traded it in after a 3k mile drive to and from Key West, FL from OK. It was just too small for 2 adults, a 3 year old and a 16 month old, both in car seats. So far, we love the room and ride height. I hate cars because I feel like I am getting up off the ground when I get out of one. I enjoy this GC and look forward to many miles and many road trips to come."

Totally happy and impressed

By on Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, lots of pickup, great interior"

"I just purchased a 2012 Grand Cherokee Limited and this is my first non GM vehicle. I am totally pleased with the quality of this vehicle all around. It is luxurious, classy, impressive and comfortable. The V6 motor has plenty of pickup and moves just like my 08 Impala did if not better. This is one SUV that rides like a car. The interior is amazing. Comfortable, sleek and stylish but also practical. The instrument panel isn't cumbersome or over designed like most of the GM vehicles I looked at. Also, for the money this vehicle has much more than its GM counterparts with almost twice the motor. I have only had this vehicle for just over a week, but I can tell this is going to be a great ride to own. It is fun to drive as well as looks great. My friends are all jealous. Some of my favorite features are: heated seats, cooled seats, power lift gate, the radio connects by bluetooth to your phone and also allows you to play audio files without a cord, auto adjust high beams and the back up cam that also moves the side mirrors down so you can see the curb when parallel parking. There are just so many cool things its hard to list them all. Definitely a great quality vehicle and worth every penny."

Jeep Makes a Comeback

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, safe, versatile, stylish"

Cons: "seats are a bit hard, gas mileage (V8)"

"The 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee has been thoroughly updated- a leap from 2010 to 2011 so drastic it's like comparing an elephant missing a leg to an overenthusiastic puppy. The 2010 was impressive enough, with decent on road manners and commendable off-road performance, but the interior was lacking, as was the safety and the styling. the 2011, however, takes everything 100 levels up. the styling is modern and sleek, the on-road manners are commendable with well-weighted steering, quick responses to anything the driver does, and athletic and graceful movements. Off-road, the beast is nearly unstoppable with 3 4x4 systems and even air suspension, plus exceptional standard approach, breakover, and departure angles, and a generous amount of standard ground clearance and traction. The safety is a standout, with many awards including the MSN Autos Safest SUV in America Award. interior room in generous with a large cargo area, fold-flat rear seats, and plenty of legroom for all five seats. The optional 9-speaker Alpine sound system is exceptional, as is the Garmin navigation system. With the standard 3.6 Liter V6, the Jeep is modestly quick but becomes a hot rod with the scorching 5.7 Liter Hemi V8. The only downside of this new Jeep is fuel economy with the V8... but who cares? that's not why you buy a Jeep Grand Cherokee. You buy it because you want a fun, fast, off-road capable, safe, stylish, versatile Sport-Utility-Vehicle."

Awesome SUV for the price

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

"We test drove this along with the Acura MDX (close runner-up), Ford Edge, Ford Explorer, Toyota 4Runner, Toyota Highlander, and Ford Escape. Although there was things I like about all of the vehicles, this was by far the best value for the price. It was also the best looking of the bunch (both inside and out). We frequently get compliments on it. It's been very reliable thus far. The only issue we've had is the storage compartment in the dash kept getting stuck. Once it was fixed (under warranty) it worked perfect! I highly recommend the new Grand Cherokees (2011 or newer) for the combination of good looks, capabilities, and features. We love it!"

I rate this vehicle as Excellent.

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

"This vehicle has been excellent to own. I am overall,very satisfied. The downside of this vehicle is that on a drive of two hours or more, I start to get uncomfortable. I am 6"2". Otherwise, this vehicle has been extremely reliable in all types of weather and I am very satisfied with it's overall performance and quality."

This is simply the best Jeep I've ever owned!

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Best you can get for the money!"

Cons: "Wish it had the "old style" crossbars for the roof"

"I've owned four Jeeps prior to this one -- 88 Grand Cherokee, 95 Grand Cherokee, 99 Wrangler and 04 Grand Cherokee. This is, by far, the best Jeep I've ever owned and probably the best 4X4 I've ever owned also. It is very elegant -- enough so, that we often drive it to dinner, etc. rather than our BMW car. We occasionally pull a self-contained camp trailer with this vehicle and it does extremely well. I have to remind myself that the RV is back there. We take this rig skiing all winter long and are amazed at its surefootedness. It's a great vehicle!"

Really like this SUV

By on Monday, January 23, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, safe, and reliable"

Cons: "Wish I would have gotten the model with Blue Tooth"

"This is a great SUV. Makes it through the snow like it is dry weather! My first Jeep and probably will not be my last."

This is the best SUV out there!

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "Rides like a dream, georgeous vehicle,sweet"

Cons: "Dash board not idealy positioned"

"I have owned this 2011 grand cherokee 70th edition for almost 3 months now and what a beauty. This vehicle was made for Highway driving, as it eats up the road like a top of the line sedan. The interior is sweet and comfortable with all the upgrades you could want. The Bose stereo is well....wow. Iwould buy another one in a second. The whole SUV is so nice since Jeep put so much thought into this new model."

Love our Grand Cherokee, great all around suv

By on Friday, February 27, 2015

"Amazing 2 year ownership, no issues, just love our 2014 jeep grand cherokee"

I ADORE my Jeep!

By on Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Pros: "Fun, capable, looks great!"

Cons: "Capless fuel door"

"***2014 Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 v8 Hemi*** After my trouble-prone 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring finally died this past summer while it was loaded up with people and gear for a family vacation, I took a chance on the vehicle I'd been wanting for a while - a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Honestly, I was initially hesitant due to the poor reliability reviews surrounding the Jeep brand but after my awful 9 year experience with the Honda Odyssey I figured I had no where else to go but up.*** After ditching my dead van in a strange city and cramming our stuff in a compact rental, we set out to buy a new vehicle so we could complete our vacation in relative peace. After an exhaustive day of searching & test-drives, I found my ride - a new 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 v8 Hemi. I. am. in. love. *** After 12,000 miles in almost 7 months of ownership I've experienced exactly 1 minor issue that required a trip to the dealer. A headache for sure, but after pouring BIG $$$ into keeping my 'reliable' Honda in working order over the years, this was trivial. I did purchase the lifetime extended warranty from Chrysler (not a 3rd party company) for peace of mind - something most other manufacturers don't even offer. *** Before making our purchase I did test drive several other comparable (or larger) vehicles - BMW x5, Audi q7, Toyota Sequoia, Toyota Highlander and a Suburban LT - but I liked the size, handling and interior quality/layout of the Jeep the best. There is more 'hard plastic' interior panels than I would prefer but it seems to be on par with the other vehicles in the 'luxury' category and it is MUCH more upscale that the van I was used to driving, even though it was the top of the line as well. The cabin is fairly quiet and there is just enough 'road feel.' Some people prefer a more cushy, soft ride (Toyota, Lexus comes to mind) but I like to drive hard and fast and prefer having a bit of feedback in the wheel. *** The v8 takes a LOT of gas, but only a bit more than my v6 van, surprisingly. I don't really enjoy the capless gas filler door but it's not a dealbreaker. Can't really think of anything else I dislike or would change at all. I just really, really enjoy driving this Jeep!"

5th jeep i have owned, by far the best

By on Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pros: "excellent all around"

Cons: "gas mileage.. but have 360 horse v8"

"MY 98 jeep was great, the 3 in between were good, this 2013 is the best ever,, also drive ford edge and Lincoln, options in the Jeep are way better and some not even offered on other models;;; rear heated seats;auto high beams;tilt down side view mirrors in reverse etc, great car"

Great Jeep

By on Sunday, September 09, 2012

Pros: "Good price, looks sharp, handles well"

Cons: "Does not have auto open hatch"

"We bought this last November and love it. It handles great, is very responsive, and is well built. We have a 70th Edition and it is a sharp looking Jeep with limited edition rims. It's roomy without being too big. The seats are leather but a little stiffer then I like. I would recommend this jeep to anyone it handles well in the snow and it does have the 4 different 4wheel options. Our sons are large and they are very comfortable in this."