2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,014 - $31,065.

10/7.6

8.4

Based on 317 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

BEST JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE ECO DIESEL.

By on Thursday, October 02, 2014

"I have my Jeep for 5 months just love it,I have no problem with my JEEP GC 2014. I looked at every competitors SUV on the market and believe this is the best value. I did test drive with 7 other car companies and felt this was the best drive. It feels like when you fly first class vs economy. I am proud to buy from a US brand company."

Fantastic vehicle.

By on Thursday, June 05, 2014

Pros: "Lots of gadgets, comfortable, love the Adaptive Cr"

Cons: "No room for golf clubs sideways like the older one"

"We love this GC Overland. I only have 1 gripe so far. My old 2008 GC would fit 4 sets of Golf Clubs sideways. This 2014 is about 6 inches narrower in the rear storage area. Cannot even lay 1 set down sideways. Otherwise it is great and with the 6 cyl is getting overall right at 22MPG. Not bad for a 5000lb. vehicle."

Downsized from a Chevy Tahoe LT to a Laredo E

By on Monday, May 19, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles well."

Cons: "Siruis sattelite radio vs XM. Like XM much better"

"Traded in my 2007 Chevy Tahoe LT for a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee with 16,000 miles on it. I thought I would be disappointed with the smaller size vehicle and I am not. Love the ride, the handle and the room that I have in this vehicle. The gas mileage is awesome since I drive the Parkway to and from work. I am averaging about 20 to 22 miles per gallon according to my fuel economy monitor which is about 7 miles per gallon better than my Tahoe. Love the basic Laredo E package and glad the I don't have bells and whistles on this vehicle. The bluetooth allowed me to pair my phone which is an option I didn't have before. Glad I made the trade--love the vehicle."

2014 GC Limited with 3.0L Eco Diesel and QT II

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage, Gadgets, Ride, Audio system"

Cons: "None so far"

"I have not driven this automobile for very long, I will update this review later, if warranted. But my initial impression is only good. I am getting 25 MPG combined with the diesel engine and the performance is good. It is sometimes slow to accelerate when the 8 speed transmission is in a high gear, but that is easily overcome with more pressure on the accelerator. Shifts are very smooth and I am impressed by the fact that the transmission down shifts, on its own, when going down hill. As for the "costly" urea refills, you can get 2.5 gallons of the stuff at a well known big box store for $12. The DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) filler nozzle is next to the fuel nozzle which makes it easy to refill without going to the dealer, the DEF tank capacity is 8 gallons. This is my second Jeep, my first Jeep was a 2006 Commander, it had the 5.7L Hemi V8. I needed the towing capability, I was happy to see the 3.0L turbo diesel has the same towing capacity. I put 186000 miles on my Commander and the only repair I had to get, besides the normal consumables, was a replacement starter. The reliability of my Commander led me back to Jeep. I gave a 5 to the reliability rating only because I have driven the Grand Cherokee for only 350 miles so far (will update later)."

Cancelled delivery of my 2014 Grand Cherokee

By on Monday, October 21, 2013

I want this car

Pros: "Great looks, comfortable, roomy"

Cons: "Questions of reliability"

"I was to pick a 2014 Summit the other day but the night before I started reading all the troubles consumers were having and had to cancel. There seemed to be no clear answer to my questions regarding these problems from the dealer other than software problems. I really like the features and looks of this vehicle. If the problems weren't there it would be in my garage right now. Anyone know if there are solid fixes in sight? Or, should I start looking else where."