2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $30,368 - $31,199.

10/7.6

8.4

Based on 278 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Once You Go JEEP You Can't Go Back!

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Safety.. Features.. Value.."

Cons: "Should of waited for 8 Speed"

"We recently traded in our GMC Envoy that seemed to be one of the best vehicles we had owned. In the hunt for a new SUV we looked up and down to find the safest and best vale for the money. After going through all the features the JEEP Grand Cherokee had with Blind Spot Detection and Rear Cross Path Detection, we found our winner on the test drive. Not to mention test driving it through snow mounds which seemed as if we were going to get stuck yet made it through effortlessly! We absolutely LOVE the Grand Cherokee and when it comes to replacing this one will be back for another."

I Absolutely LOVE my Jeep

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great value, excellent interior/ride"

Cons: "Dont know how to reset oil change notice :)"

"I traded a 2008 Impala for my Grand Cherokee Limited and I have not regretted it once. For those of you that want an SUV that rides like a car this is it. My mom had a Mercedes GL450 and that thing rode like a hummer in the desert. I have been very impressed by the ride, comfort and quality of my Jeep."

Lots of electrical problems

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful exterior. Really sharp looking."

Cons: "Lags in take off unless in sport mode."

Sharp

"Have had 4 recalls on various items. Still am having electrical issues, like the radio will just go off by itself, there is back static in the radio and I have also had the gauge panel go back several times while driving. The gas mileage is considerably lower than advertised. Also the digital clock does not keep time. I have to go into the settings mode about once a week and add a couple of minutes to get the readout corrected. Maybe it's just haunted. IDK. I have had the Jeep 15 months and am ready to trade for a non Chrysler product."

Sharp

Almost a Home-Run

By on Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Pros: "Exterior and Interior fit and finish, sound system"

Cons: "Shift knob, rear window doesn't open"

"Traded in 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited for the 2014 Summit. The redesign is nearly a home-run. The auto leveling feature is great when I have heavy items in back or on hitch. The adaptive cruise control on my first long trip was a real pleasure to use. The interior looks great and is very comfortable. In ECO mode, which vehicle defaults to when started, the shifting IS different than any other vehicle, but that's why a nearly 5000 lb vehicle can get such good gas mileage. You don't get something for nothing and if I want a more traditional or agressive shifting pattern, I just turn off ECO mode or put into SPORT mode. I do not like the 100% electric shift knob. I still hunt for "D" or "R" when making a quick Y turn. The UConnect software and touch screen could be quicker and did freeze up on me once, but in general is very easy to figure out. I don't like that they got rid of the seperately opening manual rear window since that was nice when transporting longer items (now cannot be opened seperately). Sound system is amazing and has so many options for music sources I'm still finding new ways to play music (XM radio, HD radio, regular FM, Aux input, CD player, BlueTooth streaming music,etc..)."

Multiple Flavors - Jack of All Trades

By on Saturday, June 07, 2014

"Before I tell you about my GC Ltd, Diesel, w/ Off-Road II package, a word of warning about car reviews. There are for this vehicle, six trim levels, four engines, three transmissions and three final drive ratios. What is said about this vehicle may apply to only one combination and even the pro writers may confuse the specs. That said, I enjoy the vehicle immensely. Of course, we're talking diesel here. If you're a performance junky, here's the story. Obviously, the 3.6l is the slowest and the SRT is in a league of its own. However, if all you compare is the 0-60 specs of the 5.7 l Hemi to the diesel, you won't get the full story. As the diesel has more torque and a lower final drive ratio, its probably faster than the hemi in the 0-35 mph range (and you will be impressed). Although I wouldn't say that the shifting is perfect at all times, the diesel/8 speed qualifies as butter smooth. You may read some complaints that the shifter is fussy. What his amounts to is that the détentes are feathered light as are the power window switches. If you hammer at them without thinking, you'll go past where you want. I have had the opportunity to go up a mile long 45 degree slope several times in low gear with the paddle shifters. Effortless fun. Complaints? Had an OBD light come on at 385 miles. Egr bypass control fault attributed to a vacuum line. To be fixed shortly. Upon upgrading UConnect radio software, I lost Bluetooth metadata (presently investigating). And, I wouldn't call the ride quality a luxury vehicle ride. A touch noisy over rough road. However, my vehicle is an off road setup with 18" wheels. My opinion might be different with a Summit trim with 20" wheels. Lastly, I'm exceeding the mpg specs (21/28). Getting 23 in the city and 30 on the highway at 70 mph. Not bad for a 5400 lb vehicle that accelerates like a rocket in it lower gears."