2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 251 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

It could be so much better

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "Good mileage, towing, comfortable, sharp looks."

Cons: "Nav is terrible, radio bad, diesel overly expensiv"

"Apparently this form is incapable of interpreting paragraphs. Overall rating of KBB review form, 2/10. Here we go in order of ‘The Good, The Bad and The Ugly’. If you shop like me you can skip to The Ugly to find out what’s infuriating. OK, now make that little spaghetti western noise. The Good: I love the diesel, the air suspension, the ride and the ability to tow 7400lbs. The cockpit is mostly well designed, comfortable and roomy. This thing gets me (and my trailer) where I want to go in style. Make that noise again. The Bad: In order to get adaptive cruise control and diesel you wind up spending about $15,000 more because of all the required upgrades. This may or may not be bad depending on whether comfort or money mean more to you. Three other issues fall under ‘bad’ for me. The first is the seat positioning button, the one by your left knee. It has two settings. You know why? Because I hit it with my knee every single time I get into the vehicle and it resets. Move this button Jeep. The second bad thing is the shifter. My 2010 Overland had a good shifter. It had a longer throw, felt stable and sure and didn’t have a cap on it that comes off all the time. The 2014 is just the opposite. Finally, what is wrong with 4x4 low? Unless you’re crawling along at 1-2 MPH the vehicle surges on hills like someone is slamming the brakes on. I have a steep gravel driveway. The steep part is 80 yards long. If I travel above an idle in low up this hill I wind up with whiplash and it ain’t from an unsteady foot. Make that noise one more time then cut your eyes back and forth. The Ugly: Who created this NAV of torture? Oh My God! I’ve had this NAV take me OFF a 4 lane interstate at 3AM that had ZERO traffic and ZERO accidents. It routed me through 10-15 miles of country towns. I’ve had this NAV take me off a normal highway to drive me through 30MPH side streets that CAME BACK TO THE SAME HIGHWAY. It literally took me on a D shape. I’ve had this NAV bypass highways for small towns and stop and go traffic on multiple instances. The ONLY thing this NAV is good for is looking at the cool avatar of the Jeep or the Charger. Whoever created the NAV probably had a hand in designing the radio. I like the fact that I can use USB or SD media. That’s great. Unfortunately there are two modes of listening if you like variety; random ALL (all tracks are shuffled (that’s 6000+ songs on my 64GB SD card)) or manual mode where you select genre/folder/song manually. If you try to select, say, a folder or a genre and hit shuffle, you get ALL tracks, not the tracks in the genre or the folder or the subfolders. This radio lacks the basic functionality that Winamp has had since…1999? I’ve heard the apps are not good either but I didn’t bother setting them up. I did opt for the basic UConnect so I can remotely unlock the vehicle from my PC but that’s it. Take the NAV, take the radio and burn em. Cut a hole in the dash where I can put my Phone. Right? Am I the only one who thinks this? Overall the Jeep Limited 4x4 with diesel and technology package was the best vehicle for me. As much as I complain about the items here I can work around them assuming the vehicle stays reliable. If the few nagging issues were resolved I’d be 100% happy instead of 70% happy with my $48,000 purchase."

Love it

By on Thursday, August 07, 2014

Pros: "luxurious, powerful, fun, good looking"

"Luxurious and powerful ride. Good looking...lots of positive comments."

Dont buy if Customer service is important

By on Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Cons: "No Dealer or Corporate service"

"Don't buy this car if customer service on warranty items is important to you. I've made countless calls for a warranty issue and am constantly told by Chrysler they have no information and then the dealer tells me the info has been sent. Bottom line I have not recieved a call back more than a dozed times after I was promised a return call and resolution. Don't buy a Chrysler!"

Reliable Vehicle

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, great in icy weather"

Cons: "Driver's seat goes flat fast, not comfortable"

"Jeeps are the best there are for reliability. They handle well, they maintain value. Wish the driver's seat was more comfortable. Jeep seats go flat quickly! Laredo is meant for a tall person (I'm 5'6" female) who can put the seat back with long legs and still see above the dash."

Really like to drive this jeep.

By on Monday, July 21, 2014

Pros: "Great car to drive"

Cons: "The v-8 not good on gas"

"Love the car and nothing I don't like except I got the 5.7 Liter and only get 14.8 miles to gallon around town. That is if I don't get on it sometimes. My son in law has a 2014 Jeep Cherokee like mine with the 6 cylinder and gets 19 around town. My mistake so I will trade in and get the 6."

Worst transmission ever built!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

"The worst transmission ever built on the planet!"

Overall ok truck but it has its issues

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Reason: horrible transmission

Pros: "Overall a good vehicle"

Cons: "Horrible tranny and gear selector"

"I bought this 2014 Limited in May of 2013 when they first came out. After 25000 miles and owning it for over a year I had to get rid of it. Since the first day I have owned it I did not like the new 8 speed tranny. I took it to the dealer and they did computer upgrades on it but I was still not happy with it. This tranny shifts through the gears very fast and is not smooth in the lower gears. When shifting from 1st to 2nd and 3rd when it is cold the truck jerks forward and is not smooth at all. It also downshifts hard when stopping. The upper gears you don't even feel it shifting, very smooth. When starting the Jeep shifts too quickly and it feels like it is always in the wrong gear if you need to speed up to get moving. The electronic gear shifter is horrible. After owning this Jeep for over a year I still had to concentrate on which gear I was shifting into. I was still putting it in neutral when trying to shift to reverse or drive. Other than those issues the Jeep is a good vehicle and I didn't have any other problems with it. I had the smaller engine and was averaging 20 mpg. I am normally the type of person who keeps their vehicles for 8 to 10 years but I just couldn't take this transmission. I bought a 2014 Charger which I love. This has the 5 speed tranny and not the electronic gear selector as the jeep has. I could have ordered a 2015 but did not want to as the new model has an new 8 speed tranny and also the electronic gear selector. I absolutely love the Charger and I plan on keeping this for a long time. I just couldn't take driving the Grand Cherokee anymore."

love it great ride and handling

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "wish it had more storage"

"had car almost a year. No Problems so far Rides and handles great."

Lots of electrical problems

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful exterior. Really sharp looking."

Cons: "Lags in take off unless in sport mode."

Sharp

"Have had 4 recalls on various items. Still am having electrical issues, like the radio will just go off by itself, there is back static in the radio and I have also had the gauge panel go back several times while driving. The gas mileage is considerably lower than advertised. Also the digital clock does not keep time. I have to go into the settings mode about once a week and add a couple of minutes to get the readout corrected. Maybe it's just haunted. IDK. I have had the Jeep 15 months and am ready to trade for a non Chrysler product."

Sharp

Headache

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Reason: bad

Pros: "Styling"

Cons: "Everything Else"

"Overall I have to say I had better things to do with my life than nurse this poorly engineered car through the next 5 or more years. Check engine, suspect transmission, groans and creaks, recalls...don't waste your time and then get burned with horrible resale. Got a 4 Runner no rattles, issues or drama... put it in garage and can worry about more important things."