2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 246 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Worst transmission ever built!

By on Sunday, July 20, 2014

"The worst transmission ever built on the planet!"

Overall ok truck but it has its issues

By on Saturday, July 19, 2014

Reason: horrible transmission

Pros: "Overall a good vehicle"

Cons: "Horrible tranny and gear selector"

"I bought this 2014 Limited in May of 2013 when they first came out. After 25000 miles and owning it for over a year I had to get rid of it. Since the first day I have owned it I did not like the new 8 speed tranny. I took it to the dealer and they did computer upgrades on it but I was still not happy with it. This tranny shifts through the gears very fast and is not smooth in the lower gears. When shifting from 1st to 2nd and 3rd when it is cold the truck jerks forward and is not smooth at all. It also downshifts hard when stopping. The upper gears you don't even feel it shifting, very smooth. When starting the Jeep shifts too quickly and it feels like it is always in the wrong gear if you need to speed up to get moving. The electronic gear shifter is horrible. After owning this Jeep for over a year I still had to concentrate on which gear I was shifting into. I was still putting it in neutral when trying to shift to reverse or drive. Other than those issues the Jeep is a good vehicle and I didn't have any other problems with it. I had the smaller engine and was averaging 20 mpg. I am normally the type of person who keeps their vehicles for 8 to 10 years but I just couldn't take this transmission. I bought a 2014 Charger which I love. This has the 5 speed tranny and not the electronic gear selector as the jeep has. I could have ordered a 2015 but did not want to as the new model has an new 8 speed tranny and also the electronic gear selector. I absolutely love the Charger and I plan on keeping this for a long time. I just couldn't take driving the Grand Cherokee anymore."

love it great ride and handling

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "wish it had more storage"

"had car almost a year. No Problems so far Rides and handles great."

Lots of electrical problems

By on Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful exterior. Really sharp looking."

Cons: "Lags in take off unless in sport mode."

Sharp

"Have had 4 recalls on various items. Still am having electrical issues, like the radio will just go off by itself, there is back static in the radio and I have also had the gauge panel go back several times while driving. The gas mileage is considerably lower than advertised. Also the digital clock does not keep time. I have to go into the settings mode about once a week and add a couple of minutes to get the readout corrected. Maybe it's just haunted. IDK. I have had the Jeep 15 months and am ready to trade for a non Chrysler product."

Sharp

Headache

By on Monday, July 07, 2014

Reason: bad

Pros: "Styling"

Cons: "Everything Else"

"Overall I have to say I had better things to do with my life than nurse this poorly engineered car through the next 5 or more years. Check engine, suspect transmission, groans and creaks, recalls...don't waste your time and then get burned with horrible resale. Got a 4 Runner no rattles, issues or drama... put it in garage and can worry about more important things."

See if you qualify for