2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.3

Based on 356 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Love the diesel engine.

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy"

Cons: "non"

"Average 27 MPG driving 15 miles to work in mostly highway speeds. Have gotten as high as 33 MPG on highway. It a pleasure to drive every day and even more fun to drive in the snow. Only issue I have had was that the blue DEF had gotten low and the vehicle stopped running. Jeep towed the vehicle in filled the tank and I have not had any issues since. Overall a good vehicle."

Great vehicle, if I can get in it

By on Friday, May 22, 2015

Pros: "The diesel engine has been great."

Cons: "I can't depend on using when I want."

"I have been locked out of this vehicle more than 5 times in 3 months. The keyless entry system does not recognize the FOB, during these times. Chrysler says since it cannot be duplicated at the dealership, my complaint has been closed. The dealer has been understanding, and done what Chrysler has recommended. It has been concluded that it is caused by radio interference, when I park in certain places. Now I have instructions to open the door with the key and use the FOB to depress the start button."

Great value SUV with tons of features!

By on Thursday, November 20, 2014

Pros: "V8 power adjustable ride height, heated wheel"

Cons: "small nav screen, difficult nav. , gas mileage"

"Our Jeep Cherokee Overland edition is a fun to drive and well put together vehicle for just under 50k. Many luxurious features and great on and off road with a powerful and throaty 350HP V-8. Don't expect great mileage with the v-8 but enjoy the powerful acceleration and snow eating ability of this beast! The Nav screen is tiny and not very user friendly."

Nice Jeep, Disappointed With Winter Performance

By on Monday, October 31, 2011

Pros: "Nice crusin' suv in the summer"

Cons: "Not good in high snow areas"

"We have always owned 4wd trucks cos we live in snow country and decided to buy a Jeep. The sales person assured us it would be excellent in snow. We took our new 2011 Cherokee out in the snow storm we just had in late Oct. and was disappointed with it. Oh yes, it goes great when you are just driving on snow covered town roads, but when it comes to country roads and steep inclines, it does not live up to a true 4wd truck. I would trade it in if we wouldn't lose so much money. Guess it will sit in snow storms and I will use our 4wd truck. Live and learn, a very expensive lesson. If you live in high snow fall area, stick to a true 4wd. My next suv will be another 4wd truck!"

Pretty Darn Good

By on Friday, December 26, 2014

Pros: "Great size, nice interior, comfy on long trips"

Cons: "A couple of recalls - I hope not any more..."

"I still enjoy driving the GC, even after a year and 31,000 miles of ownership. It is great for soaking up interstate miles with comfy seats, great stereo and the optional navigation. I think the size is perfect, not too big and not too small. I can still park in the garage at my work, but have plenty of room to stretch out on longer drives. I have the 3.6 V6, which I was leary of getting at first, but it has proven to be a good engine with plenty of power for my needs. I will say after years of driving a vehicle with a V8, the driving dynamics are different, but if you aren't afraid to put your foot into the throttle, it likely has all the get-up-and-go that one needs. Overall, I am very satisfied with the vehicle, even though it has had two separate recalls in the last few months."