2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.3

Based on 351 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Great Ride

By on Saturday, October 18, 2014

Pros: "great ride"

Cons: "BIGGER BRAKE PADS!!!"

"If I decided to get another Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD I would not get the BIG 8. I personally do not need that size engine. But I LOVE MY JEEP. It's been good to me. It looks brand new. I have had this 4 years."

Very Disappointing

By on Thursday, December 12, 2013

Pros: "Beautiful exterior and interior"

Cons: "A/C failure, Fuel line leaks, gas components"

"We have loved the look of this Jeep for quite some time and heard some negative things about Jeep not being very reliable but we thought since it's 2011 they must have fixed the problems. Well we've had this SUV for 2 years now and have had it in the dealership to many times to count! Major issues that are not covered on the extended warranty of course! I don't think we will ever buy Jeep again. In fact we might just sell this one as much as we love the look of it, the maintenance has been a nightmare!"

Awesome, could use better tires for all the snow

By on Thursday, April 2, 2015

"Great vehicle, comfortable with all the amenities. Not one issue after 33000 miles. Cons: The stock tires were not very good in snow, but very comfortable on dry pavements. Ground clearance in the front is limited by the air dam also in the snow. Acceleration is sluggish, but helps with the gas mileage. Pros: Awesome 4wd, cruising comfort, sound, navigation all excellent. Quality of material inside with not a single rattle or loose piece. The panoramic roof gives you a sense of being outside, especially when open (but not as much as my wrangler). A truly sophisticated vehicle - civilized ride."

Love the diesel engine.

By on Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy"

Cons: "non"

"Average 27 MPG driving 15 miles to work in mostly highway speeds. Have gotten as high as 33 MPG on highway. It a pleasure to drive every day and even more fun to drive in the snow. Only issue I have had was that the blue DEF had gotten low and the vehicle stopped running. Jeep towed the vehicle in filled the tank and I have not had any issues since. Overall a good vehicle."

Can't Wait For My Lease To End

By on Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Pros: "Bluetooth and XM (Didn't have them on my last car)"

Cons: "Engine, Transmission, Build Quality"

"This is the worst car I have ever had. Coming from my 2006 VW Touareg V8 I feel like I have taken a major step backwards. The car handles like an old Buick and has absolutely no steering response. You feel nothing. The 3.6L Pentastar is noisy and slow. The transmission rushes to eighth gear and G-D forbid you have to merge onto a highway, you need to floor the rattle trap in order to get it to jump down to a passing gear. I can not wait for this car to go back on lease. To add to it the car does not feel safe and is poorly put together. The headliner is sagging with only 600 miles on it and I can already hear creaks. Wish I kept my VW. The Touareg was a real go anywhere SUV, the Jeep is a go-kart in comparison"