2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.3

Based on 350 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

OMG - SWEET!

By on Sunday, September 12, 2010

"I had a new 2008 ( just 16 months old) and when I saw the commercials and I took the vehicle for a test ride I was immediately hooked! Interior is unreal... VERY NICE. The color, the dash, the super big sun roof. The taller stance and the super quiet ride. If you love Jeep (this is my 4th new one since late 1998) you are going to be BLOWN AWAY by this Jeep... this is the vehicle that YOU have been waiting for... be sure to watch YouTube videos (enter 2011 Jeep) and your heart will start pumping. This vehicle is truely a WHOLE NEW CLASS OF VEHICLE!! 2011 Jeep Laredo ($38k with LOTS of goodies)"

Awesome vehicle until mechanical issues

By on Monday, May 13, 2013

"I was so excited to get my 2014 Grand Cherokee limited. When I picked it up, it was great. It drove very well - I stayed with the V6 rather than upgrading. It was comfortable, and just all around everything I hoped. The Tech features are very cool, they take a little time to become familiar with all of the options though. After a few days of driving it, I was on the highway when it had an issue. First the instrument cluster stopped working, then it would not accelerate. The engine whined pretty loudly, then the whole car shut down, and I coasted for a few second. It came back on, and accelerated quickly. Luckily, there was nobody right in front of me. As of today, the Grand Cherokee is in the shop for the third time, all similar issues. The dealer has tried replacing the catalytic converter and the oxygen sensors... I'll see what they come up with this time. Chrysler's customer service so far has not been much help at all."

Quality Build, Fun To Drive, Great Looks

By on Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Pros: "Quality, Power, Comfort and a Pleasure To Drive"

Cons: "Could use a bit more interior storage."

"Over my seventy years I have bought many new cars. The 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit is without a doubt the most enjoyable car that I have owned. Before this purchase we test drove several other SUV's including Toyota, Mercedes, etc...the Jeep won out for us. It has more useable features, including safety features that I find more than useful. The ride, comfort and finish are second to none. Chrysler has done an excellent job on this most awarded SUV."

Love my diesel

By on Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pros: "MPG, standard features, drives like a car"

"It took 12 weeks for my diesel model to come in but I could not be happier with it. I average 26mpg around town and get approximately 28mpg on the highway. I have had no issues with the UConnect system and it's registration (I did register it). The bluetooth quality is extremely clear and sound system is great. The engine is quiet with plenty of power. It hugs the road better than most SUV's - my husband likes small sports cars and even he likes to drive it! Living in cold NH I love the how the heated seats and steering wheel come on automatically with the remote start. I am extremely happy with this vehicle and would absolutely recommend it to anyone looking for a luxury feel with the fuel efficiency of the diesel."

Good for the money but not great!

By on Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Pros: "Good value, great sound, great for hauling."

Cons: "Poor AC, some cheap material."

"The new summit is a good car for the price, AC does not blow enough cold air and since the cold air coming out of vent is within Chryslers range they won't do anything about it. Make sure you test drive the car on the freeway, mine needed balancing of tires and an alignment adjustment since the car was pulling to the left and the steering wheel would shake! Very poor voice recognition quality. Great drive, not Cayenne good but close enough, I have owned Porsche and Land Rovers in the past and for 30k less this is not a bad ride. Great off road, great sound system, great for pulling the boat (5000 lb) and love the adaptive cruise control, on long road trips you will feel a lot fresher. Want the ultimate get a Cayenne but pay a lot more! Good value."

Couldn't be more satisfied!

By on Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pros: "great on long drives, love the warm steering wheel"

Cons: "Has every bell and whistle anyone would need"

"Automatic start is the greatest, especially living in a cold climate. Nice to get into a warm car, pre-heated seat, pre-heated steering wheel & defrost of rear window and side mirrors is on. Can cool the seats in the summer. Backup camera has been a real lifesaver. Being able to have settings for 2 different drivers is a helpful. Navigation system is a must and fairly easy to use. This car is, hopefully, our final car purchase as we retire."

Best SUV ever owned!

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "Worth every penny, fun the drive,stylish exterior"

"I got this car about 2 weeks ago and it drives like a mercedes ml. I get about 17-19 mpg in the city and 20-24 on the hwy. Very, very satisfied with my choice."

Great style, but I think I got a lemon

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "Great ride, quite interior, driving range"

Cons: "Electrical issues, feet get wet when it rains"

"This SUV is awesome (when everything works). The remote keyless entry system does not work very well. The passenger door actuator went out and the door would not close. Jeep fixed that in about two weeks. Now the rear hatch will not unlock unless you push the keyfob button - but that is not how it is supposed to work. The entire system does not work if the key fob is in the depths of a purse or diaper bag or in the back seat. The windshield seal leaks pretty badly (there is a dealer bulletin on this), and I have yet to take it in to get that fixed. The heater fan blows really hard when you accelerate from a stop, and I don't know what the issue is with that. Now the pros - this thing has a great ride and is very capable off road. Great power out of a V6, and very quiet inside (sans heater). If the electrical issues can be fixed (permanently) I would recommend this vehicle to anyone and everyone."

My best vehicle so far

By on Friday, February 25, 2011

"I had a Grand Cherokee on rental and liked it so much that I bought one. I have had all kinds of imported cars, MB, BMW, Audi etc but the Grand Cherokee has the quietest and smoothest ride of them all. Jeeps are not known for being either quiet or smooth but this one is, I love driving it."

The Grand Cherokee has been kicked up a notch!

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Dollar for Dollar a great value, fun to drive"

Cons: "Electronic Transmission Selector tricky."

"This car replaced my 2009 Grand Cherokee. The difference in comfort and performance is amazing. I loved my 2009 Jeep, but this card far exceeds my expectations on all levels. 20 mpg every day and a consistent 26-27 mpg on the highway. My 2009 with the V6 engine 21 mpg highway on a good day."

Amazing on and off Road, Tech is superb

By on Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Pros: "Power, Road Manners, Off Road Capability."

Cons: "Gas mileage, but hey, I got the V8 HEMI."

"Bought the 2014 Summit to tow behind our RV, absolutely LOVE it. UConnect is so easy even an analog man living in a digital world like me could figure it out. Love the ability to raise and lower ground clearance for my hunting excursions. On road, its quiet, voice recognition is easy (recommend you take a look at the Uconnect website for voice commands...once I learned what to say, works like a charm) Love the hands free messaging, on road ride reminds me of the Audi A6 I drove for 6 months, and power of the HEMI reminds me of my corvette...OK, not quite the power of a ZO6, but you'll never have problems being the first off the line when the light turns green. Interior is flawless, smooth clean lines, no gaps, leather is supple, LOVE the heated and cooled seats. To me the interior is better than the Audi Q7 and Uconnect is WAYYYYYYY easier to use. Bottom Line, best all around vehicle I have bought in a long time. Serves me well on the off road hunting adventures and the wife loves the smooth ride to the grocery store...and oh yeah...AMERICAN MADE,,,,IMHO, can't beat this SUV, luxury and performance at a bargain compared to Audi, BMW and Porsche...and beats them all in the snow, mud and sand!...Guess you can tell, I love it!"

WOW - what a great SUV = Jeep Overland Summit

By on Thursday, April 18, 2013

Pros: "Ease of use for all electronics, great ride"

Cons: "Wind noise at highway speeds"

"This vehicle has it all!! An easy to use Navigation system, Radio, climate control, special controls, applications all wrapped into one screen - and you can access just about all of it via voice control - that allows you to customize just about anything or everything on the vehicle. It rides very smooth on highway and city roads (and does great off road as well). It is a great looking vehicle - only downsides I have are the wind noise at highway speeds (not terrible but it is noticeable) and that I can't do text messaging because I have an iPhone.... Otherwise a definite recommend!"

Best Jeep Yet!

By on Sunday, March 24, 2013

Pros: "Smooth quiet ride. Great sound system. Options"

Cons: "Large exterior mirrors. Sunroof noise."

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Altitude Edition

"I wouldn't say I'm a Jeep enthusiast, but my 2012 Jeep is my third Grand Cherokee. I recently got rid of my 1999 Laredo with 185,000 miles, and still have my 2009 Laredo with 60,000 miles. I think there were a lot of shortcomings with the older models, but living in a rural area meant I couldn't live without the utilitarian capabilities a Jeep provides over an AWD car or crossover. Underneath, they are still more like a truck, with bigger wheels and the higher ground clearance I wanted. The new Grand Cherokee body style looks more like my 1999 did, and I like that. Other than similar looks, all else is different. My 2012 Grand Cherokee is a Laredo model, which is the lower end of the trim scale. However, it is a Laredo "Altitude" trim level, which is closer to the Limited for many things. It has the leather electric adjustable heated seats, sunroof, mid-range 9-speaker sound system with subwoofer, u-connect phone, tow package, tilt-telescopic steering wheel, 4x4, fog lamps, remote start, keyless entry and pushbutton start to name several upgrades. The Altitude comes in several trim types that make it very unique even amongst the Jeeps. Mine is all black, including the grill, low-profile mag wheels, and most trim. Many people have commented that they thought it was a police vehicle, which might explain why I get "trapped" behind vehicles that suddenly seem to slow down when I am behind them. The heating and A/C system has FINALLY been fixed in the Grand Cherokee. Both the heat and A/C can keep up with whatever mother nature dishes out, and the front and rear seats have their own floor and face vents. The wheelbase has been lengthened and the rear legroom incresed in the new model. I also love that the rear seats recline somewhat for comfort, and have a center drinkholder/armrest if there are not five passengers. The rear seat has access to an A/C plug which can be switched on or off from the dash (for safety). The ride is the smoothest yet, and the vehicle interior is quiet at all speeds, which makes the sound system even better. My sound system has the LCD screen which is used for system controls, back-up camera viewing, and u-connect phone controls. While it looks the same as those systems that have it, mine does not have the GPS built in. Since I own four Garmins, this isn't an issue for me. The system has two USB ports, one on the radio and one in the center console. It has a 1/8" aux input plug, and CD/DVD capability. It will only play DVD's if you are not moving. Any pictures or music can be downloaded to a 32G built in hard drive. The system will also play music from my smart phone via Bluetooth, including allowing me to control music selection on the phone without touching the phone. Volume, searches, and input selection can also be done from the multiple steering wheel controls. My Jeep is the automatic 4x4 system with no manual controls available, so this is a significant change compared to my other two Jeeps. My first instinct is to see this as a negative, but I haven't gotten stuck yet either. For typical driving, the 3.6 liter V-6 has been fine, getting as high as 25 MPG over a 600 mile trip. For towing, I wish I had the Hemi V-8, but the V-6 still gets the job done. My 2012 Grand Cherokee sits higher off the ground than my previous models did. The higher end models have a lowering feature, but I intend to buy the nerf bars for this one, as my petite wife is challenged with easy access to the seats. Jeep put a permeable wind screen that pops up when the sunroof is open, which is very noisy. A non-permeable windscreen I've had on other sunroofs is not as noisy. Overall, I would say that Jeep hit a grand-slam with the well appointed Grand Cherokee, and I am intent on buying another new one for ME very soon, as my wife doesn't let me near this one very often."

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Altitude Edition

Love it. Dirves like our old E420 Mercedes

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Very fun to drive... A Rocket Ship on Wheels"

Cons: "Did not come with "5.7L HEMEI" logo. I had to buy"

"Drives great..similar to our old Mercedes E420. Gas Mileage averages between 20-22 mpg. Consistant 21.5 Mpg at 75 mph w/aircond & all power one. It runs on 4 cly most of the time. Excellent features: backup video system is a really great feature with an SUV."

My first American car: Love it!

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

"I'm European,living in the US. I own a Overland V6 '13. I bought this car because I love the design and I knew the base was the on of Mercedes ML. I'm really impressed by the quality for the price I paid. Very silent, really nice driving experience on highways and very rigid suspansion for safe drive and loads of electronics. Quandra lift really works, tested on snow. Only a couple of remarks: 1. this car need an 8 gear transmission, the distribution of power of the 5 gear transmission is bad , in particular when driving up in the mountain. 2. When raining a lot the draining system is poor and not well thought through. Doors sound when closing is a bit poor. Leather is nice but could be assembled together better. If more attention was put on these details it could easily compete head on head with the german alternatives, but then also price was going up.. so all in all really satisfied for what I paid."

Overland Summit

By on Friday, November 2, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, Rugged, Style, V8, Versatility"

Cons: "Gas Mileage 13/20"

"2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. Black with Saddle Interior. Rich, luxurious, rugged, very solid truck. Nice quiet ride. 5.7L V8 360HP. Elegant interior. Every available option including Chrome Mopar Edition. Sticker $50,710 and purchased it for $44,131. I traded in a Cadillac Escalade and some people make the comment that I downgraded, lol. If only they knew the truth! Perfect Chicago car for year round driving. Perfect truck for a 6'2 guy like me."

was unsure about buying american - so happy i did!

By on Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Pros: "solid, roadworthy, great style, fair price"

Cons: "blind spots when changing lanes"

"i love my new JGC!!! i always thought they looked like solid/rugged SUVs (good!) but the interior was kinda blah and the fuel economy and reliability issues kept me far, far away from ever seriously considering buying one (bad!). then, i saw the new model and heard the great reviews and decided to test drive one. AWESOME! bought it! this is my first SUV and i'm so happy i went with an american vehicle - the imports feel like tin cans to me - i feel safe and sound in my JGC. especially with long commute for work. oh, and i'm getting about 23 mpg hwy, 19 street for my Laredo V6. works for me!!!"

Fan-flippin'-tastic!

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"I recently purchased the 2011 Limited 4X4 with the 5.7 Hemi. It has no problem getting up to highway speeds and has plenty of power to pass (a real help on the many two-lane roads in Texas). It drives well; and in spite of its size, the handling is pretty decent (although you won't mistake it for a sports car). Much has been made in magazine reviews about the improved interior materials of the new GC, and rightfully so. The leather seats are very comfortable and the dashboard looks and "feels" expensive (you can actually squeeze the hood over the instruments--a nice change over the hard plastics so many car builders continue to use). Could do without the fake wood trim though... I haven't tested the 4X4 capabilities yet; but one nice feature is that you can raise the vehicle's height for greater clearance off-road. The only negative I've seen--but expected--was the abysmal fuel economy; and the only reason I marked down the value. I'm averaging about 17 1/2 mpg in mixed driving. While I don't have a problem with that, it is a valid consideration for many and therefore marked it down as such."

$30K less than RR Sport... great deal

By on Saturday, August 8, 2015

Pros: "Nice luxury for the price, exceptional engine"

Cons: "Dismal fuel economy, questionable reliability"

"After driving BMW X5's and a LR RR Sport for many years, I'm pleasantly surprised at what Jeep's Summit offers in quality, comfort, ride and performance. My Summit has the HEMI 360 HP V8, which is like a RR Sport Supercharged miniature version, in a very nice way. The powerful engine and smooth 8-speed transmission isn't overkill... just right. But the fuel economy is dismal... Just as bad as RR Sport and BMW X5's more powerful engines. The build quality isn't quite as nice as BMW or Land Rover, but for $30K less, it's plenty nice. The acoustic windshield, adaptive cruise control, ergonomically designed infotainment system, A/C and heated seats, and auto start engine (with auto adjust A/C, seats, etc.) all are useful amenities. And the power lift gate is better than X5 or Sport's."

Best Jeep Yet

By on Thursday, November 7, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, great gas milage, best computer"

Cons: "None since the software updates"

"This is an awesome vehicle. I am reading a bunch of complaints, but they all revolved around 2 things, and both problems have been FIXED by Jeep. The first is the rough transmission, which has been fixed by a software update, and the people with updates will tell you the transmission is now smooth as silk. The second problem is with Uconnect. The problem with this has been fixed, also with a software upgrade. A lot of the people complaining here have not even upgraded the software. Again, people running the most current software will say this is the best onboard computer available today. The Jeep is well built, and after the minor fixes, this vehicle is a definite 10. I have owned 3 Grand Cherokees, and this is by far the best. Don't let the negative nellies in here sway you away, because this vehicle will not disappoint."

Dont like the new 8 speed tranny

By on Thursday, July 18, 2013

Pros: "Nice features, good ride, nice layout inside and o"

Cons: "The 8 speed tranny has problems"

"Overall this is a very good vehicle. It has a lot of good features. The gas mileage is excellent. I just got rid of my Ram 1500 with the Hemi due to bad gas mileage and this is far better, I did get the 6 cylinder. The new gear shifter takes a lot to get used to. After two months of driving it I still sometimes shift into neutral when going into drive or reverse. Poor design. Also the 8 speed tranny has problems. Not sure if it is just mine or they all have this problem. It shifts quickly through the first few gears and it feels like it gets sluggish when trying to accelerate. I have tried the sport selector but it still is the same. Mine also slips a lot when shifting from first to second and second to third gear. I also feel a rumble from the rear when it shifts between those gears. The second thing I am not crazy about when slowing down the tranny downshifts very hard and you can feel the truck pulling back when the tranny downshifts. This is very annoying. A couple of time when I let off the brake when I am going around the corner the tranny is still slowing the truck down pulling it back when it should be speeding up from taking my foot off the brake. I had such high hopes when I bought this truck but am quite disappointed in it. I am going to take my truck back to the dealer and see what they say about the tranny but I am fully expecting them to say that nothing is wrong. I hope I am wrong about this though"

Very Reliable and Safe Vehicle

By on Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pros: "Fun daily driver vehicle, good looking SUV"

Cons: "A/C switch on steering also"

"Excelent ride, interior comfort, good gas mileage, engine sound like a lot., so far very good service and NO trips yet for warranty services. U connect is a plus"

GPS can be better

By on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Pros: "Comfort, Quite, Affordable Luxury"

Cons: "GPS needs update"

"I just bought a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited with optional 8.4 UConnect GPS. Overall, this is an excellent SUV, feels better than my wife's Mercedez ML350. The cabin is very quite and comfortable. I was playing with the GPS of the car and tried to input my work address in it, but the GPS doesn't take it as if the street number is not complete. I have been to that work address for more than 4 years and my other car's GPS can find it without problem. So I am not sure if I should carry a portable GPS with my Grand Cherokee in the future."

Very Fast SUV

By on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Pros: "Great Power-nice features-good looks"

Cons: "Tires are expensive.."

Dark Cherry Red is very nice color.

"I traded a 2011 Lincoln Navigator for this car and do not regret it. The Lincoln did have a better ride, but the SRT will get you there quicker and in more style."

Dark Cherry Red is very nice color.

I'm in love!

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "everything"

Cons: "none major so far."

"I bought a white altitued back in July. I love it. It looks awesome & drives like a dream. The ONLY issue that I have had is with the back of the driver's seat where the plastic piece meets the leather. There is a gap. It has been replaced twice now & it still has the gap. And not just a tiny gap, a big one, as in I can see everything that is inside the seat. Other than that, I have no complaints. I have found the seats extremely conformtable. I also get about 24 mpg on long trips, 19-20 on city, and around 21-22 on highway. & that's with me figuring it out & not just using the mpg this on the dash that tells you your avg."