2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 347 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Excellent vehicle, great ride, multiple uses.

By on Monday, July 13, 2015

Pros: "Ride, Versatility, Capability in different cond."

Cons: "would benefit from improved voice recognition"

"I purchased this vehicle new. It is the first Jeep I have owned. It is a pleasure to own and drive. My wife likes the ride better than her Infinity M35x. The dealership has been excellent. I have done only routine maintenance. I build furniture and carry a lot of various materials, and tow a sailboat. It has a lot of capability with the v8, off road suspension, and tow packages. The navigation and backup camera as well as beepers are a big plus. I am confident that it is safe and can handle well with a load or without."

2014 GC Limited with 3.0L Eco Diesel and QT II

By on Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage, Gadgets, Ride, Audio system"

Cons: "None so far"

"I have not driven this automobile for very long, I will update this review later, if warranted. But my initial impression is only good. I am getting 25 MPG combined with the diesel engine and the performance is good. It is sometimes slow to accelerate when the 8 speed transmission is in a high gear, but that is easily overcome with more pressure on the accelerator. Shifts are very smooth and I am impressed by the fact that the transmission down shifts, on its own, when going down hill. As for the "costly" urea refills, you can get 2.5 gallons of the stuff at a well known big box store for $12. The DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) filler nozzle is next to the fuel nozzle which makes it easy to refill without going to the dealer, the DEF tank capacity is 8 gallons. This is my second Jeep, my first Jeep was a 2006 Commander, it had the 5.7L Hemi V8. I needed the towing capability, I was happy to see the 3.0L turbo diesel has the same towing capacity. I put 186000 miles on my Commander and the only repair I had to get, besides the normal consumables, was a replacement starter. The reliability of my Commander led me back to Jeep. I gave a 5 to the reliability rating only because I have driven the Grand Cherokee for only 350 miles so far (will update later)."

2016 Summit V8 Loaded

By on Thursday, February 11, 2016

Pros: "sports car with 4 wheel drive"

Cons: "wish it had a 3rd row seat"

"I have a 2016 with a HEMI, Platinum pack and Rear entertainment system. Holy smokes is all I am going to say. I drove this one first and then drove an Audi Q7, Acura MDX, BMW X6, and Lexus GX460. This has the most stuff/options for the lowest cost of them all and has the biggest engine and the nicest interior (The MDX interior is a close second and the Audi handling is a close second). I am loving it so far!"

Not ready for the consumers. Not worth the $

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Comfort, style and function"

Cons: "Monthly service visits and noxious exhaust smell"

"I purchased a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Eco-Diesel about a year ago and have been in and out of the shop once a moth over this last year getting the CEL reset and parts replaced and DEF fluids drained and refilled half way. At this point I would tell anyone who thinks that they want a Jeep Eco-Diesel to take their money elsewhere."

Horrible quality

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

"Worst quality car ever. 8000 miles and so far we had to deal with: Random error messages on the screen Nav that thinks it is 100 yards from the current location most of the time Flickering backup camera Doors that the don't close unless the last one is slammed shut or a window is down Cruise control that turns off by itself Sticking buttons Voice control that cannot recognize anything"

My video