2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.3

Based on 360 Ratings for the 2011 - 2017 models.

Jeeping for another couple of decades

By on Sunday, April 22, 2012

Pros: "Best in value and best in every other way too!"

Cons: "None yet"

"Of all the SUVs and cross-overs, only the 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee was compelling enough for me to replace my '93 Grand Cherokee. I evaluated every vehicle even remotely similar, but nothing was in this Jeep's class when it comes to value, style, and gadgets."

Best car ever!

By on Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Pros: "Fun to drive and reliable."

Cons: "No flaws. I'm in love."

"I love the performance and comfort of this SUV. This is my first Jeep ever and I am so satisfied that I will never buy another brand. There is power, elegance and comfort. Mine is fully equipped and I enjoy every gadget!"

Always wanted a jeep. Was Great. Would get another

By on Saturday, April 6, 2013

Pros: "Great highway milage and gas control."

Cons: "I need faster. (personally)"

"Jeeps are great. I jst need a V8"

My 5th Jeep - 2nd Grand Cherokee

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pros: "Everything - The overall value"

Cons: "Nothing"

"I bought my first Grand Cherokee in 2008 during a time when Daimler-Chrysler offered a limited lifetime warranty on the powertrain. I still have that Jeep with over 300,000 miles and it is still going strong. I purchased my 2nd Grand Cherokee in April. To say that I love it is an understatement. It is loaded with most of the latest features including driver assist systems, UConnect, leather, sunroof, tow package, etc. It is a pleasure to drive with the V6 having plenty of power - especially in sport or manual mode. Very comfortable and looks sharp! It does not have 3rd row seating but I don't need it. The 3rd row seating version of this vehicle is the Dodge Durango. The cargo area is plentiful, especially with the seats down. The roof rack also provides additional storage capabilities if necessary. Before purchasing this car, I drove SUVs from BMW, Mercedes, GM, and Ford and chose the Jeep again because of the overall value. We all have our preferences, however, I would recommend to anyone planning to purchase an SUV in this class to at least give the Grand Cherokee a look."

Best Cherokee yet

By on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pros: "Styling interior and exterior"

Cons: "my wife always takes it"

"This is my 3rd Jeep Grand Cherokee, I absolutely love it. I've had the car since December 2011 its now Feb 2013, the car has only seen a mechanic during routine oil changes and inspections. The interior is classy with the faux wood dash, the interior lighting is perfect at night. The ride is much improved over prior jeeps while maintaining its off road capability. I live in Buffalo, snow has never been an issue with this truck. The V6 is capable and there's plenty of low end torque to get moving. Jeeps are great because they don't make you look pretentious, however they do not look out of place at a country club parking lot either. Perfect for everything. One issue i have is the push button start does not locate my key if my key is in the same pocket as my cell phone...I may just need a new battery, wife has never had this problem with her key."

best vehicle ever

By on Friday, December 9, 2011

"EXCELLENT NOTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT"

Great SUV for the money

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pros: "Ride, comfort, convenience and safety features"

"Before you spend 60000 on a BMW, Mercedes or Land Rover, take a look at this premium vehicle. Great ride and comfort with high end amenities for 2/3 the cost of the high end luxury market. A great vehicle. In 1 year of ownership we had only one minor problem that the dealer was able to rectify. I highly recommend this vehicle. Good job Chrysler!"

I love this vehicle!

By on Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pros: "luxurious interior with the feel of a car"

Cons: "transmission slow to shift sometimes"

"I bought my 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4wd in March of this year. I usually stick with Ford, but they have since changed over to their suvs being awd. Ive always seemed to like the look of a Jeep. I decided to test drive other vehicles when I started looking for a new one. I tried a GMC Acadia, Ford Edge, and Kia Sorento. They all were nice vehicles, but I kept coming back to the Jeep. Jeep did it right this year. Once I test drove the Jeep, I fell in love!!! This is definately a vehicle that fits my taste to a "T". The interior is superb. I love the wood trim along with the leather. The sound system is amazing. My kids and I love to listen to our favorite songs while driving down the road with the sun roof open and cruising. Its fun to drive and rides like a car. I haven't got to test it in the snow yet, but I am excited to see if it will live up to the hype. I haven't had any problems with it; however, I am not a fan of the transmission. It seems to be slow to shift at times, but the pros definately outweigh the cons."

Shocked at how nice this is.

By on Saturday, September 17, 2016

Pros: "Style, Ride, Quietness"

Cons: "Price"

"I've always purchased Toyota Tacoma or the 4runner, but was not impressed with the latest version of 4Runner. I always bought Tacoma for resale. That said, the Jeep GC has caught my the last two years. I loved the way it 'looked'. My impressions previously were that they were unreliable. I test drove it and was shocked at the materials, fit and finish, and quietness. Felt like an uber luxury SUV. I just couldn't get over how quiet. After doing some research I decided to go with the Summit. So far, I'm supremely impressed. It's a beautiful vehicle and the ride is awesome. Gas mileage is ok. not great. It's inline with what is advertised. The U Connect is awesome and leaps better than Toyota's Entune. My only hope is that long term reliability is ok and resale is good. I eliminated the risk of reliability by purchasing the extended service contract, but the future resale is in the hands of the market. I have to say I'm surprised by the compliments I get on this thing. More in two months than in the years of my toyotas. Personal note, I'm glad I found an American car that I'm happy with. Kudos Jeep."

excellent vehicle

By on Monday, April 2, 2012

Pros: "comfort, versatility"

Cons: "steering wheel does block speedomoter"

"Traded in a Cadillac CTS on a 2012 Jeep. Needed more room. Saving $329 alone a year in insurance having never had a ticket or accident. At 6'4 Jeep is extremely comfortable for me and fun to drive. It's new and I am getting 17.2 running around. Got the 26 X package with the leather and 18 inch wheels. I like the camera and the ride. I never thought I would own a Jeep in my life."

Best vehicle ever

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Pros: "excellant vehicle"

Cons: "I wish it had heated leather seats"

"This vehicle has been awesome to own. I have enjoyed driving it, suited my needs for towing a trailer for my crafting business. Lovely in bad weather as well"

Great Jeep!

By on Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pros: "Design, ride comfort, gas mileage."

Cons: "Nothing so far."

"Solid ride and great gas mileage. Huge improvement over the previous V6 engine option."

By on Friday, October 21, 2011

"This is my first Jeep. Very solid and quite frankly a "tank". The unibody cage of the vehicle is solid as I do not hear any outside noises except from my radio playing inside. Safety is number one for this SUV. It rates 5 stars and has multiple airbags to include shoulder and shin airbags. Its standard that way not an option. What 2011 SUV have you heard of have airbags for the shins and shoulder w/o paying for anything extra. Nice deal. I have an Overland Summit. ;)"

Love my Jeepney!

By on Saturday, September 3, 2011

"I purchased this vehicle with 40 miles on it in April (have had it now for 5 months.) I absolutely love, love, love it! The ride is comfortable and there's lots of room (although hubby says he can't lay his golf clube horizontally like he did in our old SUV.) The only con I can think of is that the transmission jerks a little at times. The next time I get an oil change at the dealer, I'll have them hook it up to the computer. I bought the 85,000 mile extended warranty. It's difficult to find a 4-wheel drive because everything as gone to AWD. I looked at several vehicles, but wanted the 4-wheel drive because I believe it goes better snow. All in all, I couldn't be more pleased and highly recommend the new Jeep Grand Cherokee!"

Nice design, comfortable and fun to drive.

By on Saturday, June 25, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, very solid and safe feeling."

Cons: "Wish all functions were voice controlled like the Ford Edge."

"Fun to drive and solid. We love it. We have a Wrangler and owned Grand Cherokee's in the past. This is the best by far!!!"

Great GC

By on Thursday, April 28, 2011

"This is my first JEEP and I couldn't be happier! I purchased the black on black overland w/ the 5.7 HEMI. Do not really need the HEMI, but it gives you that extra punch! Very smooth ride, and great in the snow. Average about 16mpgs mix city/highway. Love my JEEP GC!"

Out of the Park

By on Monday, April 25, 2011

"Jeep hit this one "out of the park". This is my 7th Jeep and it is truly amazing. Can't wait to get in it and drive it after work. I compare it to my partners Lexus 460. Every option one could ask for. My only complaint is that Jeep shoud provide a better owners manual."

Simply the BEST

By on Monday, April 18, 2011

"I have been a Jeep fan for a long time and already had a 2007 Wrangler Unlimited before purchasing my 2011 Grand Cherokee. All I can say is WOW. This thing is simply amazing. I have the Overland model, which will do everything but cook you breakfast. The heated and cooled leather seats are top notch. The ride quality is as nice as they come. I can't really think of a way to improve on this Jeep. Oh yeah, the HEMI is awesome!"

Jeep Tastic

By on Monday, March 14, 2011

"I spent a lot of time researching my next vehicle, I looked at Ford, Chevy, Honda, Toyota etc.. etc.. test drove many of them and just didn't do it for me not to mention "no offense ladies" but everything seemed to be geared towards women, I was just about to give up and then I went to the auto show and watched the Jeeps in action test drove the Grand Cherokee and it was a match after the first 5 minutes made a deal and took her home. I enjoy everything about this vehicle the u connect was easy to pair up to my phone, it rides really nice yet has a rugged exterior with capabilities most other suvs cant match I plan on keeping this vehicle for a long time cant imagine being without it test drive it and you decide I think you will agree!"

All you could ask for in a Jeep

By on Monday, February 21, 2011

"I'd recommend the V8 5.7 (much more p/w ratio than the std) if you really want to be on the move. Get the Blind Spot Monitoring package."

First Domestic Car in 25 Years....so far so good

By on Thursday, September 3, 2015

Pros: "Exceptional features to price ratio"

Cons: "Reliability? So I have read. Not with mine so far"

"I bought a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited after doing exhaustive comparisons with both domestic and imports. I have been a Japanese and German car owner for a couple of decades and never thought I would go back to a domestic. I do a lot of business travel and have driven a lot of SUVs. I was not even going to consider the Jeep until I rented one and drove it for a couple of weeks. After that I always looked for one on the National Car lot. When I went to buy, I just could not find a better value for what was offered. I sold a 12 year old Acura MDX (a great SUV) and replaced it with the Jeep. So far, the Jeep has been great. V6 power is adequate, but not exceptional, interior is super, exterior is stylish. My only issues are: 1) a buzz in the dash when driving at low revs in lower gears, the finicky electronic shifter, that I can never seem to work correctly, lots of panels, and nooks and crannies in the exterior that I continue to get road salt and sand out of when I wash it even into July, a bit high to step into, no dealer loaners when it is serviced (I keep forgetting this is not an Audi). It has been great in the snow and on the highway. So far (admittedly I have low miles on it) it has been a great vehicle and ran me over $10K less than buying another Acura MDX. In fact, this Grand Cherokee cost me exactly what my 2002 MDX cost me way back then. Better SUV with many more features over 10 years later for the same price....I will take it. I will check back in 10K miles or so."

Nice Jeep, but Pentastar V6 has problems.

By on Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "Pentstar V6? Not a comfortable feeling @ only 17k."

"Check engine light came on at 17,000mi, Needs new cylinder head, my daughter has same car same problem, dealer says this is a problem with this engine, be careful. This could cost Chrysler Lots of moola. Otherwise I really love the car. Will probably trade in a year now but won't buy another, don't have any good feelings now. Low quality rating is for pentastar V6 only."

Jeep Got It Right

By on Friday, August 13, 2010

"It seems that Chrysler finally got a vehicle right with this Jeep. I love my V8 Limited 4x4 and there are so many little touches that have gone into this vehicle, I have no major complaints about anything. It feels very well put together. My old GC (2001) was a good car but felt cheap and plastic inside. This car feels more like a BMW or an Audi. It drives wonderfully, and handles extremely well for such a large vehicle. I am almost looking forward to our first big snow to test out the four wheel drive. Best options: Keyless entry/start, huge sunroof, vented seats Areas for improvement: 6 speed transmission to help fuel economy, heads-up display, updated look and feel of navigation interface."

Update on my previous review from July

By on Thursday, December 5, 2013

Pros: "good looks inside and out. good gas mileage"

Cons: "electronic transmission shifter"

"I am updating my previous review from this past July. Back then I was very disappointed with the transmission in this vehicle. It slipped in lower gears when accelerating and it downshifted so hard that it would pull you forward in the seat when you were slowing down. I at the time had high hopes for loving this truck but was very disappointed. Today I took it back to the dealership where I bought it for a recall. I asked them to check the transmission also. I was made aware that there was a computer upgrade for the transmission which the dealer did. I am now pleased to say that this transmission shifts a lot smoother. The slipping has stopped as well as the hard downshifting. For the first time in the 7 months that I have owned this I am actually happy driving it. I had bought this in May when they first came out. I would assume the new ones already have this update done to them. I still don't like the electronic shifter. I am still missing the right gear at times when shifting. Before I had the tranny updated I was seriously considering getting rid of this but now I plan on keeping it. Overall I am now satisfied with this truck."

Great SUV

By on Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"Originally was going to buy a 2010 Ford Edge. I can get a discount from both lines through family and decided to test drive the 2011 Grand Cherokee Limited, I was sold on the Jeep. My only concern was gas milage since my mother's 2004 V6 limited only got about 17mpg on the highway. What a surprise, after 2 weeks we took the Jeep on a week long, 1650 mile vacation. I AVERAGED 23 miles per gallon on regular gas for the entire trip with the new V6 Pentastar engine. Can't find any faults with quality or comfort. I have used GPS for years and found the JEEPs a little less user friendly than most. Love the styling and look."