2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee

8.4

Based on 261 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Best Off-Roader SUV

By on Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"It has a selection which terrain you are driving on. Nothing's ugly."

GrandCherokee was the RIDE!

By on Sunday, November 14, 2010

"First some background: I have test driven a lot of cars including top spec Ford Edge and Lincoln MKT and MKX. These were particularly terrible and I recommend anyone to NOT get the Ford/Lincoln. Then on a whim I stopped by Michael Stead Walnut Creek and got great service, great price and a SURPRISINGLY GREAT GRAND CHEROKEE. The car is fast enough with decent pick up. It handles great, crooked bumpy California highways are whisper quiet and comfortable at 80 MPH. You want to go faster; no problem, just press that pedal to the right. The cargo has enough room for our four person family. The power steering is relaxed and direct. Love the handling. At low speed it really turns on a dime, easy parking! I am very picky with seats. These seats are very comfortable slightly bucketed seats with great lumbar support. The back seats are roomy and comfy. Both front and rear the seats hug you and hold you in place. No struggling to hold on during that tight cornering. The stereo sounds great with full bass and crisp vocals. The buttons are well laid out and it's easy to use. The voice commands work surprisingly well. The bluetooth phone interaction just worked. Normally my iPhone is terrible with bluetooth and nothing will do what it's supposed to. But this time in the Jeep I just turned it on and made a phone call. Brilliant! Bottom line: a great car for anyone really. Decent milage. And it's AMERICAN! (I'm new in this country, so I'm really happy that there is a great American choice)."

Fan-flippin'-tastic!

By on Saturday, November 13, 2010

"I recently purchased the 2011 Limited 4X4 with the 5.7 Hemi. It has no problem getting up to highway speeds and has plenty of power to pass (a real help on the many two-lane roads in Texas). It drives well; and in spite of its size, the handling is pretty decent (although you won't mistake it for a sports car). Much has been made in magazine reviews about the improved interior materials of the new GC, and rightfully so. The leather seats are very comfortable and the dashboard looks and "feels" expensive (you can actually squeeze the hood over the instruments--a nice change over the hard plastics so many car builders continue to use). Could do without the fake wood trim though... I haven't tested the 4X4 capabilities yet; but one nice feature is that you can raise the vehicle's height for greater clearance off-road. The only negative I've seen--but expected--was the abysmal fuel economy; and the only reason I marked down the value. I'm averaging about 17 1/2 mpg in mixed driving. While I don't have a problem with that, it is a valid consideration for many and therefore marked it down as such."

By on Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I love Jeep

By on Tuesday, October 26, 2010

"I always drove GM suv's, This is my first Jeep and I"m very impressed with the way it drives. I test drove the GMC Acadia and was not impressed, I felt like I was driving a oversized station wagon."